Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by deathprize View Post
    i am using boris as well.. i believe for the warrior to be strong is to put as many ally as possilbe in the fastest way and combo them with war banner and extra sharp. it is essential for the warrior to play with their ally in order to win fast.
    Blood Frenzy to me is useless. i never wanna trade blood with card. i had seen so many heros killed by blood frenzy.
    and i don't think it's necessary to have to many retreat
    your combo can win most of the game with aeon x2 and aldo x2
    i won't want to see that
    Everyone has right on their opinion and playing style, but you are so wrong about Blood Frenzy ))

i believe for the warrior to be strong is to put as many ally as possilbe in the fastest way
    And that is the biggest reason why you SHOULD play Blood Frenzy, it keeps you hand full of allies and helps you to keep board control with as many allies as you can cast. Also warriors have 30HP, more than other heroes so 1HP per turn is not that huge price as you may think it is.
    Also if you are playing warrior deck, you really don't need Extra Sharp, swap it with Crippling Blows or Valiant Defenders.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Visi0N View Post
    Everyone has right on their opinion and playing style, but you are so wrong about Blood Frenzy ))

And that is the biggest reason why you SHOULD play Blood Frenzy, it keeps you hand full of allies and helps you to keep board control with as many allies as you can cast. Also warriors have 30HP, more than other heroes so 1HP per turn is not that huge price as you may think it is.
    Also if you are playing warrior deck, you really don't need Extra Sharp, swap it with Crippling Blows or Valiant Defenders.
    Soooooooo agree with this.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by deathprize View Post
    i am using boris as well.. i believe for the warrior to be strong is to put as many ally as possilbe in the fastest way and combo them with war banner and extra sharp. it is essential for the warrior to play with their ally in order to win fast.
    Blood Frenzy to me is useless. i never wanna trade blood with card. i had seen so many heros killed by blood frenzy.
    and i don't think it's necessary to have to many retreat
    your combo can win most of the game with aeon x2 and aldo x2
    i won't want to see that
    While I respect your comments concerning my deck, I have some comments about your comments:

Dude, you couldn't be more wrong about Blood Frenzy. It's so important that I've slightly modified my deck to include 4 copies of it now. I understand your point of seeing heroes killed by its burn effect so that's why I've included an Enrage.

War Banner is only alright, not necessary if you're already running Aldon and/or King's Pride. Extra Sharp is totally uncalled for in this deck. I'd rather be hitting the field with strong allies that don't need the one-turn attack boost.

And Retreat. Don't even get me started on it. I could write an entire post just on the benefits of Retreat. It works extremely well here.
    The true measure of a "bigger man" nowadays is the ability to treat others with respect plus set aside his ego when needed even on teh internets.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, if you are losing games because your Blood Frenzy is killing you, then in a vast majority of cases, either your deck is made up of poop (in which case, it doesn't matter how much poop you draw; it's still just poop) OR you're a bad player and not taking appropriate advantage of the strongest card drawing engine in the game.

Retreat is a great situational card. Not necessarily an auto-include, but not a bad choice by any means.

War Banner is okay, but only if you're running a very ally-heavy deck.

I'm torn about Enrage. While the good player in me knows there are better ways to spend 4 resources, the experienced player in me knows that many games I play come down to the wire, and if I had one more turn, I could have won. Enrage does afford me this opportunity. 10 life will typically buy at LEAST one more turn, and not just at the last minute. If I play it on turn 6, then i'll likely live to turn 10, rather than losing on turn 8 or 9.

Rampage. Terrible card. Seldom will it gain you more than 10 life anyway, so if you're gonna play life gain, you may as well play the one-time shot of Enrage for the same resource cost to get 10 life. Plus, Rampage is situational; you have to kill allies to trigger it at all. Enrage is automatic.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post
    Yeah, if you are losing games because your Blood Frenzy is killing you, then in a vast majority of cases, either your deck is made up of poop (in which case, it doesn't matter how much poop you draw; it's still just poop) OR you're a bad player and not taking appropriate advantage of the strongest card drawing engine in the game.

Retreat is a great situational card. Not necessarily an auto-include, but not a bad choice by any means.

War Banner is okay, but only if you're running a very ally-heavy deck.

I'm torn about Enrage. While the good player in me knows there are better ways to spend 4 resources, the experienced player in me knows that many games I play come down to the wire, and if I had one more turn, I could have won. Enrage does afford me this opportunity. 10 life will typically buy at LEAST one more turn, and not just at the last minute. If I play it on turn 6, then i'll likely live to turn 10, rather than losing on turn 8 or 9.

Rampage. Terrible card. Seldom will it gain you more than 10 life anyway, so if you're gonna play life gain, you may as well play the one-time shot of Enrage for the same resource cost to get 10 life. Plus, Rampage is situational; you have to kill allies to trigger it at all. Enrage is automatic.
    yes to all of this, also man your sig hurts my eyes!
    Guild: Marksmen
    Marksmen Logo (Yeah that's right we have our own logo, made by me).
    "We are Hunters, and you are our prey.. Fear not the allies you can see. Fear only the arrow that will pierce through your hero.."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i think of enrage as negating the effects of an early blood frenzy for the next 10 rounds

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Doublea View Post
    yes to all of this, also man your sig hurts my eyes!
    Haha, at least there's that.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My take on this, but need to wait for the ipad version to test

4x jasmine (cause
    4x puwen (maybe blake)
    4x raven (instead of 2 + Cripping blow, as her ability is the other one)
    4x aldon
    2x aeon (cause aeon+raven is a sweet combo, but maybe take them out as it's an endgame card)
    3x war banner
    4x smashing blow (could do better but these are ok)
    1x enrage
    3x blood frency

Why the changes.
    Puwen > Blake IMO
    3x aldon/raven is too little of a draw either bump to 4 or pick one.
    dont retreat just kill/raven them, 50% of your deck is to do damage.
    Cripping blow I just said above.

As for Valiant Defender I find it good at the start of the game, not so good afterwards, is it really any good? I don't see the point on volunteering to send damage to your Hero from low health alies.
    30 cards

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    4x raven (instead of 2 + Cripping blow, as her ability is the other one)
    Well, there are situations when You don't have Raven on table or You don't have resources to cast it (and even if, still she will be able to attack in the next round).

So yes, abilitys of those 2 cards are the same but overall it's hard to say "Cripping Blow is not needed since I have Ravens in hand).

Now for the rest I would for sure add 1 Blood Frenzy. For me this card is a "must have it" status therefore 4x of them would be my choice.

As for Valiant Defender I find it good at the start of the game, not so good afterwards, is it really any good? I don't see the point on volunteering to send damage to your Hero from low health alies.
    I guess Vailant Defender is usefull after Aeon comes in. Combination of those 2 cards prevent from any meele dmg for both: hero and allys.

And that's why I would prefer to have 3x Vailant Defenders (instead War Banners maybe).

I'm still thinking about Enrage. It's always nice to have +10 hp but at the other hand I don't like 1x cards in deck and also I think it's better to prevent from a situation in which this +10 hp will be needed so badly than cast this card and only delay loosing.

That's how my deck looks like atm:

4x Jasmine
    4x Blake
    3x Aldon
    3x Raven
    3x Aeon

3x Cripple Blow
    3x Vailant Defender
    4x Blood Frenzy
    2x Smashing Blow

And atm I'm thinking about adding Retreat cards (but idk how to find a place for them ).
    Last edited by Aydin; 04-15-2011 at 07:00 AM.
    Hall of Shame: OAKIO, RyanExc, DontForget64, Koffe, Oakening, janey, sibarggo, Perfect Tommy

Just played aganist a Nishaven and guys, I did nothing aganist his total board control over me.
    He just hitted me so hard so many times that my guys couldn't hit him back.

Then I realize how m old Sandra is missed and how many times she turn the table in my favor.
    As a Boris player I must say I`m sad with 1.25
    Taste my blade!