Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Exclamation Final build for my Boris deck, in line with 1.25. Comments?

Alright, so, in anticipation of the upcoming 1.25, I've sort of finalised my Boris build for it. Do you guys think that it's complete enough? Because if it is, I'm gonna leave it as it is and start playing Victor Heartstriker after this. Been itching to try Human Hunters for a while...

1x Boris
    2x Aldon
    2x Raven
    2x Aeon
    4x Blake
    4x Jasmine
    1x Enrage
    2x Smashing Blow
    2x Valiant Defender
    4x Retreat!
    4x Crippling Blow
    3x Blood Frenzy (Don't tell me to take Enrage out and add another Blood Frenzy. I just don't see the point in having so many cards for something that'll only be cast once, unless I'm playing against Jericho Spellbane. 3 cards already mostly nets me an early Blood Frenzy.)

Total: 31 cards (Screw 30 cards. I'm deviating.)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The one thing that jumps out at me is Enrage - personally I'd replace it with Rampage as it has the potential to net you a lot more health than Enrage.

Other than that, have you tried War Banner? I've found it can turn a game around when you're losing and is a lot less vulnerable than Aldon.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Replace Enrage with something, its not a good card.

You need more allies. Running less than 3 Aldon is a crime, he's that damn good.

3 Blood Frenzy and 31 cards is not a good thing. You may think its ok, but its not. Losing that copy cuts down your chance of having a Blood Frenzy on turn 2 by 12% and turn 4 by 11%~. That's a huge difference. The power behind these decks lies in them dropping an early Blood Frenzy for pressure. Look at it this way; you ALWAYS have to resource something, so it doesn't matter what it is if it means increasing the chance of drawing the best card in the deck (and one of the best cards in the game).

Personally I'd replace one Cripple with one Blood Frenzy, and replace the Enrage and one Jasmine with 2x Aldon. At that point I'd still consider you to be running 1/2 allies light. If you're going to run ally-light and run more control, you should really be running 4x Aeon.

Don't get me wrong, your deck is good enough and cards can be random enough that you will win games with this deck. But it could be fine tuned to be even more consistent/strong.
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @NetherSpirit: Yep, the one thing in this deck that jumps out at most experienced players is indeed Enrage. True, it's a situational card which doesn't do very much except to prolong the game for a few turns. However, I have had it save me so many times now that I've lost count. I've seen people saying that it will only save u every 1 in 20 matches but somehow, it seems to come to my aid and successfully turn the game around for me more like every 1 in 4/5 matches! I've developed a pattern of using it though. It messes with my opponents, especially those spell-heavy decks. I tend to use it only after mid game. This seems to work better then. =D

About Rampage, yeah, I've tried using 1 copy of it before. 1 copy of Rampage is just, meh. By the time you get it, your hero is already in critical health and there are not much allies left to kill so I'd rather just resourrce it =P

Meanwhile, War Banner is good (great, if you're running The King's Pride or if cast together with Aldon), but I prefer to swarm the field with more allies for more intimidation factor. Aldon is just a buildup to my Ravens and Aeons. I don't consider him integral to my play style (yet), that's why only 2 copies are included (so far). Besides, I have a couple of VDs to protect my low-cost allies. =)
    Last edited by ThorFolklore; 04-12-2011 at 10:54 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Calmdown View Post
    Replace Enrage with something, its not a good card.

You need more allies. Running less than 3 Aldon is a crime, he's that damn good.

3 Blood Frenzy and 31 cards is not a good thing. You may think its ok, but its not. Losing that copy cuts down your chance of having a Blood Frenzy on turn 2 by 12% and turn 4 by 11%~. That's a huge difference. The power behind these decks lies in them dropping an early Blood Frenzy for pressure. Look at it this way; you ALWAYS have to resource something, so it doesn't matter what it is if it means increasing the chance of drawing the best card in the deck (and one of the best cards in the game).

Personally I'd replace one Cripple with one Blood Frenzy, and replace the Enrage and one Jasmine with 2x Aldon. At that point I'd still consider you to be running 1/2 allies light. If you're going to run ally-light and run more control, you should really be running 4x Aeon.

Don't get me wrong, your deck is good enough and cards can be random enough that you will win games with this deck. But it could be fine tuned to be even more consistent/strong.
    Thanks for that. I'll think of what you said carefully. I did consider the probability of missing Blood Frenzy on turns 2/4 and also the "ALWAYS have to resource something" reason you gave but so far, it's served me quite well, this build. Oh, and I was going for a balance between allies and control, so yeah... Nevertheless, I'll take your comments into consideration. =)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i think bloodhelm > blake now... with only 1 health, ANY other t1 or t2 ally can kill it... you do have 4 retreat! tho so you may not have an issue

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by happ View Post
    i think bloodhelm > blake now... with only 1 health, ANY other t1 or t2 ally can kill it... you do have 4 retreat! tho so you may not have an issue
    2 hp, actually. And yes, I agree that Puwen is a superior 2 drop to Blake sometimes but I always have Boris' ability to take care of matters so it doesn't matter.
    The true measure of a "bigger man" nowadays is the ability to treat others with respect plus set aside his ego when needed even on teh internets.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    You REALLY need 4 blood frenzy and 3/4 aldon. Blood frenzy gives you the best card drawing engine in the game for the cost of one life a turn. And as Calmdown said, you'll eventually need to resource something, so get 4 blood frenzy ASAP. The other 3 copies can be free resources. I've tried to convince you so often to get rid of enrage, I'm not even gonna try to now. I've decided keep it if you want. And you can get rid of one copy of crippling blow. You can take out one more to make 30 cards. Alright, happy gaming!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram99 View Post
    You REALLY need 4 blood frenzy and 3/4 aldon. Blood frenzy gives you the best card drawing engine in the game for the cost of one life a turn. And as Calmdown said, you'll eventually need to resource something, so get 4 blood frenzy ASAP. The other 3 copies can be free resources. I've tried to convince you so often to get rid of enrage, I'm not even gonna try to now. I've decided keep it if you want. And you can get rid of one copy of crippling blow. You can take out one more to make 30 cards. Alright, happy gaming!
    Yup, I know you've tried to get me to throw Enrage. Hahahaha, I've lost count of the number of times you've said that! But still, it works for me. And hey, one man's meat is another man's poison, right?

But yeah, Imma include another Blood Frenzy and another Aldon. Haven't decided what cards to take out to make way for them, probably 2 Crippling Blows, like you said. Thank you!
    The true measure of a "bigger man" nowadays is the ability to treat others with respect plus set aside his ego when needed even on teh internets.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i am using boris as well.. i believe for the warrior to be strong is to put as many ally as possilbe in the fastest way and combo them with war banner and extra sharp. it is essential for the warrior to play with their ally in order to win fast.
    Blood Frenzy to me is useless. i never wanna trade blood with card. i had seen so many heros killed by blood frenzy.
    and i don't think it's necessary to have to many retreat
    your combo can win most of the game with aeon x2 and aldo x2
    i won't want to see that