Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

New Hero Classes

will Wulven introduce new Hero classes in the future? They've already introduced new heroes, something Wulven previously said it wouldn't do (iirc).

i so much want Druids for Humans and Necromancers for Shadow (Gravebone can be reclassed as a Necromancer and they can create a new Shadow Mage)

make it happen Kyle!
    Last edited by Jao; 02-21-2014 at 06:58 AM.
    Want to Join A1?

A1: Evolution in Theory. To stop evolving is to die.

It is one of my greatest hopes that in the future, mankind achieves enlightenment so high we would not need rules, laws, or government to keep the peace and govern ourselves. By our own motivation and volition, we would do what is right and just because it is right and just. This is the central tenet of anarchy. Not chaos and lawlessness, but free will and self-actualization.

Visit my blog: Potpourri

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This offer is very likely to get declined mostly because you want to reclass Gravebone...
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    They definitely wouldn't re-class any old heroes, but new classes would be cool for the future. Problem would be how to give them enough cards, as all existing classes would be at least three sets ahead.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Exactly. If there will be new classes, this changes a lot of balancing. Also these new classes need things what are special for them or better something like a theme like boosting allies, weapon based and so on. This might be hard to find a new class that will be different from the classes allready existing. Also making a class will probably result in a huge card pool only for these in one expansion...Like a expansion ONLY for the new classes.

So my prediction: Nope there won't be a new class, cause of balancing issues.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Irell View Post
    Exactly. If there will be new classes, this changes a lot of balancing. Also these new classes need things what are special for them or better something like a theme like boosting allies, weapon based and so on. This might be hard to find a new class that will be different from the classes allready existing. Also making a class will probably result in a huge card pool only for these in one expansion...Like a expansion ONLY for the new classes.

So my prediction: Nope there won't be a new class, cause of balancing issues.
    Disagree

IMO adding new hero class required less balancing effort compared to add more cards to existing hero class.

I will use Tribe as an analogy to explain this.
    On SF we allready have some decent number of Twilight cards. Adding 20 more Twilight on the next expansion its harder to balance compared to make 20 Elves cards (new tribe).

To avoid power creep, DT can keep adding new tribe. But at some point, they would need to add a new Hero Class to avoid game stagnancy and players boredom.
    example: a new expansion, 100 cards, introducing human Druid and shadow Necromancer with 2 different hero for each class (total 4 new hero). each got about 50 new hero class cards. they still can use old shadow/human/neutral cards from previous expansions.

If they decide to make it 200 cards expansion, there still 100 cards slot left for shadow, human, neutral, and old hero class card.
    Last edited by udy; 02-21-2014 at 10:46 AM.
    INDO Language Sub-Forum

[SF]Solo Nish/Loest
    Ythan Redthorn, Rush of the Twilight Deck
    Zaladar, Alpha Strike Deck
    Bloodfang, Howl of the Pack Deck

Eyes of the Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Dragon
    Favorite SE activity: Meltdown & Deck-Building
    Favorite Card: Anklebreaker
    Favorite Hero: Majiya

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like the idea of new classes. Adds more variety than simply adding new heroes to existing classes.

I'm not sure how I feel about them coming out with more and more and more and more heroes, though. Past a certain point, it'll become pretty unwieldy.
    White Wolf of Rivia
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    New classes for sure imo in the future!If the game want grow it needs to explore new classes for next sets

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i dont really need new classes but i would like some dark priests and rogues... possibly even some reformed wulven and some elementals of the light.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What about a new faction? I'm not entirely how that could work or if it could, but seems interesting.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AnomalousT
    What about a new faction? I'm not entirely how that could work or if it could, but seems interesting.
    Would also be very interesting, but what would it even be I wonder, if such a thing were possible? We've got Human and Shadow, what third or further sides could there possibly be?
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator