Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

SF card change suggestions.

This thread is to suggest balance/flavor changes you would make to any SF card you may think is over/underpowered.

Please post-
    The card name.
    How you would change it.
    Why you would change it.

Please only post suggestions to keep this neat and tidy should the DT want to reference the ideas presented.
    If need be we can add another thread for discussion/debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird
    Outlaw you are one sick son of a b****. I approve
    Quote Originally Posted by Solomon69
    Ahahahah you're such an evil (and creative) human being Outl4w!!!
    Join me in the fight for maintaining the freedom of the deranged and enlightend. Be an Outl4w!

“An outlaw can be defined as somebody who lives outside the law, beyond the law and not necessarily against it.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Praxix- I think his ability should be changed to allow damage to the hero as well as an ally. This would add a certain duality to the gameplay routes he can take and make him much more useable.
    I've been testing with him often and he always seems to fall just a bit short.
    Join me in the fight for maintaining the freedom of the deranged and enlightend. Be an Outl4w!

“An outlaw can be defined as somebody who lives outside the law, beyond the law and not necessarily against it.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Zailen Crusader to:

- first attachment you cast this turn costs 1 less, or
    - when he enters play you can cast an attachment with cost 2 or less for free, or
    - 0: the first attachment you cast this turn costs 3 less

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    To me, Praxix's problem is his reliability, just that sometimes he'll do four damage, sometimes zero depending on how many allies just happen to be discarded. I think he needs do a fixed amount of damage + X, so something like "opposing ally takes 2 + X damage, where X is the amount of allies discarded to a max of 4 total damage." Would keep his total damage that can be done the same, while at least making it always do some damage, cause right ow it really sucks when you're relying on him to help board control a little and he only winds up doing 0 or 1 damage.

Also, Thoughtripper's Cutlass. If you're going to keep this ability, change the name to Truesight's Cutlass, as it benefits Gwen and other hunters so much more in this form. Or if you actually want it be a Serena card, change it to something someone else suggested somewhere, something like "when combat damage from this weapon causes your opponent to discard, target opposing ally takes 4 damage." Maybe not 4 damage, maybe 3 would be more balanced there, but you get the idea, allows Serena to control the board a bit more, while being specifically beneficial to her because of the discard condition.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post
    To me, Praxix's problem is his reliability, just that sometimes he'll do four damage, sometimes zero depending on how many allies just happen to be discarded. I think he needs do a fixed amount of damage + X, so something like "opposing ally takes 2 + X damage, where X is the amount of allies discarded to a max of 4 total damage." Would keep his total damage that can be done the same, while at least making it always do some damage, cause right ow it really sucks when you're relying on him to help board control a little and he only winds up doing 0 or 1 damage.

Also, Thoughtripper's Cutlass. If you're going to keep this ability, change the name to Truesight's Cutlass, as it benefits Gwen and other hunters so much more in this form. Or if you actually want it be a Serena card, change it to something someone else suggested somewhere, something like "when combat damage from this weapon causes your opponent to discard, target opposing ally takes 4 damage." Maybe not 4 damage, maybe 3 would be more balanced there, but you get the idea, allows Serena to control the board a bit more, while being specifically beneficial to her because of the discard condition.
    I agree with both of these.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post

I'd rather see praxix ability receive an added "target opposing ally loses all abilities" effect, which goes nicely with the manipulative and mischievous nature of the elementals.
    But i agree that its ability is somewhat weak. Compare it to eladwen who does a solid 4 damage in addition to freezing the ally for two turns. If we equal praxix discard ability to her freezing ability then its left with a random 0-4 damage. If anything it should not be capped at 4 damage since gambling should give you the risk of losing big but also the chance of winning big.

Thoughtripper's cutlass is named as such not because its necessarily meant for serena but because it has the "same" ability as she does. In a sense its a weapon with her essence and thats why it bears her name.
    Last edited by Ness; 02-20-2014 at 07:07 PM.
    PK Love

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post

Thoughtripper's cutlass is named as such not because its necessarily meant for serena but because it has the "same" ability as she does. In a sense its a weapon with her essence and thats why it bears her name.
    +1 to this. IMO Weapon has prefect name for what it does: a discard. Serena being a bad hero is another question.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyz View Post
    Zailen Crusader to:
    - when he enters play you can cast an attachment with cost 2 or less for free
    This seems reasonable.
    Kicker of puppies, slasher of babies, and primordial Elder Lich.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Remember this is for card change suggestions only, not for discussions.

All hope is gone
    Change the cc to 0
    Makes for a free cantrip which can be consistently useful and synergize with combo-esque decks. Doesn't much change the value of the second ability.

― Hunter S. Thompson

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Outl4w View Post
    Remember this is for card change suggestions only, not for discussions.

All hope is gone
    Change the cc to 0
    Makes for a free cantrip which can be consistently useful and synergize with combo-esque decks. Doesn't much change the value of the second ability.
    35 card Shadow Decks FTW!
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.