Close

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadows R Us View Post
    I understand that the server is being updated at a faster pace then the iOS store could handle. However, the key word there is server. The server is Wulven owned and controlled, they change it whenever they want. The iOS piece is the client that calls the server If there was a beta SE in the iOS store, it would not have to be updated constantly, just attach to the beta server and then they could make updates daily if they wanted without involving Apple.
    Incorrect. Cards, bug fixes, and the like are actually handled mainly by the client. That would mean updating the phone app fairly regularly... which sadly isn't possible with some platforms.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    what i can't understand is their refusal for errata in the digital game. they can just treat the digital and physical game separately. or, just allow the old cards to become limited edition cards, thereby increasing their value. then new cards will be produced and players will again buy them. seems like win-win to me.

if they allow for constant errata (say monthly), we can somehow find a balance that would make most cards viable.
    Want to Join A1?

A1: Evolution in Theory. To stop evolving is to die.

It is one of my greatest hopes that in the future, mankind achieves enlightenment so high we would not need rules, laws, or government to keep the peace and govern ourselves. By our own motivation and volition, we would do what is right and just because it is right and just. This is the central tenet of anarchy. Not chaos and lawlessness, but free will and self-actualization.

Visit my blog: Potpourri

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jao View Post
    what i can't understand is their refusal for errata in the digital game. they can just treat the digital and physical game separately. or, just allow the old cards to become limited edition cards, thereby increasing their value. then new cards will be produced and players will again buy them. seems like win-win to me.

if they allow for constant errata (say monthly), we can somehow find a balance that would make most cards viable.
    What does this term "errata" mean?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AnomalousT View Post
    What does this term "errata" mean?
    Its basically a list of changes. Its used in games like Magic to balance cards that are printed, from my understanding, its usually for balance issues or corrections. Like if X card needed 2 less health, there would be an "errata" that states that in standard play, it is to be treated as if it had 2 less health printed on the card itself.

In a digital game, we could just make that change. Shadow Era at this point in time is both a physical and digital game, so when we print a set we want to never have to change the cards again.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Something that would also help Wulven out is something similar to Riot's tribunal system that allows players to review reported cases (this would include a report button) to see if a person should be punished or pardoned. This would definitely help to improve the general QM experience.
    Kicker of puppies, slasher of babies, and primordial Elder Lich.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

This. As new editions come out, re-working and re-balancing is going to be essential. As much as beta may help, it will no doubt take opening it up to the public to really get it good and balanced.
    Having printed cards shouldn't stop them from doing that, unless they are very very conservative about waiting to print cards.
    White Wolf of Rivia
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If I didn't like the direction Shadow Era was going, I wouldn't have dropped 5G's on the Kickstarter.

The game has potential and quality. People are too impatient. We now live in an era where a new TCG or even app is being launched every few months. Yes, something new and maybe more enticing might pop up, but to be honest, im not even a fanboy and SE is going places. Hearthstone is only going to do decent because of the WoW background it has, which was still mediocre.

People need to calm there tits. I believe 5 of us get to make heroes. We're watching, we're listening. The end is far from over. Free for all still hasn't been launched nor has campaign. Id rather have a long balancing beta than a shitty "just another expansion" launch.

As for the physical game, yeah, I think the digital should be priority myself. Because honestly, whos going to play the physical when the digital is always going to be a step ahead? Next time around, both need to be launched at the same time if possible. But, I suppose we ll see what happens.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Can you imagine the endless stream of 'nerf this' and 'buff that' threads?
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackatramp View Post
    People are too impatient.
    This does not describe anyone that complains about Wulven time. Anyone remember when the first mention of the player auction house was?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    Its basically a list of changes. Its used in games like Magic to balance cards that are printed, from my understanding, its usually for balance issues or corrections. Like if X card needed 2 less health, there would be an "errata" that states that in standard play, it is to be treated as if it had 2 less health printed on the card itself.

In a digital game, we could just make that change. Shadow Era at this point in time is both a physical and digital game, so when we print a set we want to never have to change the cards again.
    If MtG that have been famous with their large number of physical player can done so many errata, why wulven physical cant? (or there's still a chance of that anyway?)

Quote Originally Posted by Fou DeLile View Post
    Can you imagine the endless stream of 'nerf this' and 'buff that' threads?
    Is that a bad things?
    INDO Language Sub-Forum

[SF]Solo Nish/Loest
    Ythan Redthorn, Rush of the Twilight Deck
    Zaladar, Alpha Strike Deck
    Bloodfang, Howl of the Pack Deck

Eyes of the Phoenix
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Dragon
    Favorite SE activity: Meltdown & Deck-Building
    Favorite Card: Anklebreaker