Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

My Slugfest winning decks

Before actually going to the decks lets discuss the hero choices. Going in a tourney one needs to make a strategy according to what he expects to counter. Warriors are defianately very strong and mages as well. Zaladar, Banebow and Moonstalker are the most expected shadow choices with the first two as favorites and Moon as outsider.

The whole philosophy of the Hero choices and the decks is to beat consistently Warriors and Mages (or generally DD Heroes)

Now the Hero choices:
    Boris and Amber cause they are OP. No Elad cause imo Elad<Zal,BB,Amber which makes her least preferable to me. Yes sever ties and some PotLs and Worms can always save the day but it isnt my style. No Lance cause i expected many shrieks and being left without IGG is so nasty. Lance was the next best choice and last minute didnt make it
    From shadow i took Zaladar cause it is the most solid choice imo and only really vulnerable to Moon (not very expected as stated) and BB
    I also took Baduruu. Dont ask me why, we sometimes make bad choices It was a time i was having spectacular streaks with Baduruu and that effected my judgement. I am not totally disapointed cause i did snipe some mages but i think a controlish Majiya (DoU+CF!) would have been a better choice

Now (at last!) to the decks...

Boris +39:

3 CoI
    1 L.Diplomat
    2 Jasmine
    3 Aldon
    2 FFM
    3 L. Seductress
    3 Yari Spearman
    2 Mystic of the Vale
    2 Aeon

4 CB
    1 Retreat

2 Santa
    4 BF

1 Enrage

2 Smash Blow

2 Dragon Tooth
    2KP

Comments: 1 Diplomat cause he rocks. He won me a game vs Bayushi's fattie Moon iirc by denying stealth to a Scourge and also had importance helping me to kill a disciple vs Vyz (although i had terrible draw and lost that one). T3 Sed going second is terrific and later game Yaris seal the deals vs almost all heroes. BB and Zal cannot spread abilities to allies and Amber cannot target CoI with CB at T4. Elad wasting half a turn of LS or a full ability before my fatties come. Perfect! Double Yaris screw almost all non nova user decks and strategies with their 5HP. Same goes with FFM who also rock. The draw accelerarion is tremendous and the meatshield too , giving Boris the chance to dig into the deck for control cards and gain some turns of building on resources. 2 santas were mostly to habe an assured T2 play and less for later game. I almost never used them later.
    Mystic of the Vale!! My secret Boris card! As already mentioned i played many meatshield allies whose abilities cannot be easilly lrevented by distraction, cripple etc. Mystics are great antiwarrior cards and also they survive Elad ability and supernova, giving tremendous advantage vs mages who eventually need to santa in order to keep the burn count in hand sufficient. This means i can keep pressure often without BF. Boris doesnt have JD so at T4 i needed smth to make full use of my resources. Either Mystics or 3cc ally plus FFM ability are all i need to male full use of my resources and gain advantage instead of just playing an Aldon or Jasmine. The other cards are pretty much autoexplained

Amber+39:

4 CoI
    2 FFM
    3 Yari Spearman
    3 Aldon
    4 L. Seductress
    2 Raven
    1 Aeon

4 CB
    1 Retreat

4 BF

1 Enrage

2 Smash Blow
    1 Shrine

4 JD
    1 DR
    2 Sabre

Comments: My diamond deck among the 4! Rushing with Amber is great. Rushing with her while putting meatshields out is even greater!! Yari+FFM or double Yari at T5 is a gamebreaker vs all non nova users. And guess what! Amber beats nova users anyway so here we get a T1 Hero. No Mystics cause at T4 i have either FFM ability+3ally/BF or the staple JD, so i brought Ravens instead to cope with worms and supernovas. 1 DR stolen as idea by WC Leo. And my surprise card: Shrine!! 1 is more than ok. Deals with Millstalkers (just cast it on the correct midlate game turn on RD/FM and watch the universe collapse) and creates massive advantage vs other Ambers. Use them on T4 to destroy their JD while casting an ally too! Instawin! It also gave me a very important win vs Jacqui's Lance who supposedly is a bad MU for Amber. Shrine on IGG and Yari created an advantage Lance couldnt cope with in time. Also again if i remember correctly, shrine gave a big tempo advantage vs Joey's BB by removing a WotF. The other cards are pretty staple

Baduruu+39

4 Snare
    2 Poison arrow
    2 The Perfect Shot

3 Gargs
    2 DM
    2 Disciple
    2 Savage
    2 PB
    2 SK
    4 FT

4 HBM
    2 Shriek

4 Grundler's
    2 Soul Seeker

2 Night Prowler

Comments: pretty standard low res curve Baduruu. Fatties are supposed to be Baduruu's weakness. I only pack 2 PS cause with HBM the opp isnt supposed to get to high res fast or at all. Baduruu was my antimage snipe deck in order to protect my Amber for going into that unstable MU. I split the 4 slots for 4cc allies to Disciples and Savages. Disciples vs Elad and shadows Savage vs Warriors. No Severs or item destruction cause this is a tempo deck and cannot afford to counter opp cards. No Karash cause HBM is the optimum T3 play when going second so Karash would die. Garg or Morbid is preferred when going first

Zaladar+39:

1 Brutalis
    3 Karash
    3 Garg
    3 DM
    3 Morbid
    3 SK
    4 FT

4 Shadow Font

4 Mind Control

3 Santa
    2 Antimatter

2 Soul Reaper

2 Morphic
    2 Shadowvein

Pretty standard Zal build. I included 1 Brut instead of Karash due to expected early dmg Heroes (BB, Zal, Amber) and it was ok. Shadowvein to deal with Humans. Morphic to destroy warriors and maybe some CP. Split draw cards. Santas are more so as to be played early game while Antimatter is for later game preferably. Soul reapers proved my wrong tbh. Twice it didnt come at first 30 cards and twice i didnt count correctly and opp finished me. But still a staple for against mages mainly. No item destruction costed me at the final's 6th game with Vyz (SeB on Lance) but still the deck is designed to use ally spam to chip down items

I hope i was explanatory enough! Feel free to ask any questions
    Spartan guardian of A1

Holder of:
    -Highest rate in history of SE trueskill,401pts
    -Highest winstreak in SE (40 wins)
    -2 #1 in ladder
    -Most top10s achieved in ladder
    -Winner of biggest tourney ever held in SE, SlugfestIV
    -#4 in WC2017
    -Member of all PFGs
    -Member of the 1st podcast of SE, State of the Era
    -Author of A1 project Omega

-Member of A1 Leadership

- A1 : Evolution in theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So that is the stupid Boris :P

All good looking decks, I like esp the idea of putting those anti cards!
    TJ Minato

TJ's Yellow Flash

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great decks you have here. Personally, I think the Yari builds for both warriors is what pushed your decks to the next level. It made it untouchable for BB, Zal, and Mages. Great meta read and expectations. Also, the way you played mind games actually would tear some people up.

Anyway, congratulations on winning the Slugfest =]
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thank you Otto7! Congratulations on the win!
    IGN: TJ Scout
    Telegram: @shubham1309

"Scout is a hacker we should report him" - SK Trinolcour

Team Juggernauts Recruitment Thread

Link to TJ forum
    IRC

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) Champion jacqui's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good job Otto. Thanks for sharing your decks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    After watching your games live, Yari Spearman is definitely a great MVP. Always thought it was a great all around card an why no one used it much.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Awesome decks man congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird
    Outlaw you are one sick son of a b****. I approve
    Quote Originally Posted by Solomon69
    Ahahahah you're such an evil (and creative) human being Outl4w!!!
    Join me in the fight for maintaining the freedom of the deranged and enlightend. Be an Outl4w!

“An outlaw can be defined as somebody who lives outside the law, beyond the law and not necessarily against it.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great analysis. Congrats. Just goes to show the more thought put in, can increase your chance of winning.
    "I'll have you know I have the reflexes of a cat, and the speed of a mongoose"

LEGEND of TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Recent accolades: season 5, finalist (top 8). UK streetfigher, Conquerors Bane runner-up.
    Immortalised as Flavour Winner for "Smoke Screen". Conceal, Confuse, and Obscure.

Link to irc: http://shadowera.gondorian.com/gamechat/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Solid decks and winning the slugfest proves their solidness!

Gratz
    Best Regards,

Bobbypim
    [ Warwizard of the Jutland Plains ]

Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn
    ( Read about my guild )

IGN: BP Bobbypim

Card designs:
    Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Heroes Rising | Coming of Dragons
    Trackers of Night | Keystones