Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

**It's finally here** The Oathbreakers of Dunharrow v4.0 - Dark Prophecies Edition

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
    A light from the shadows shall spring;
    Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
    The crownless again shall be king.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Oathbreakers of Dunharrow 4.0 - Dark Prophecies Edition

Total Deck Size = 41 Cards + Hero.

The Bearer of Nenya:
    1x Zhanna Mist

The Dúnedain:
    4x Knight of the Golden Dawn

Guardians of the Dwimorberg:
    2x Earthen Protector
    2x Aeon Stormcaller

The Oathbreakers of Dunharrow:
    4x Tainted Oracle

Shieldmaidens of Valinor:
    2x Lily Rosecult
    2x Elizabeth Winterborn

Oaths:
    4x Book of Curses
    4x Healing Touch
    4x Tidal Wave
    4x Focused Prayer

Situational Spells:
    1x Resurrection
    1x Mass Purification
    2x Banish

Shards of Narsil:
    2x The King's Pride
    3x Ghostmaker

Version 1.0 for CotC: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....s-of-Dunharrow
    Version 2.0 and 3.0 for CotC: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....d-for-Meta-***

Read the previous versions for commentary on how to play this deck. It is not intuitive. In CotC, this deck's advantage was the huge drawing power of the tainted oracle. Now with DP, Wulven has brought a significant number of draw engines to the competition, and a few nasty tricks that can nullify your strategy.

In DP, I have swapped my beloved Sandworms in favor of Knights of the Golden Dawn. These mosters have +2 attack vs. Sandworms, and can still survive a direct Nuke. Plus, they synergize extremely well with Healing Touch and Zhanna's ability. This is critical since healing is the name of the game here. Get comfortable with Zhanna being below 10 health, because that's when she's strongest. Feel free and try a mix of 2x Sandworm and 2x Golden Knight if you want, it also works well.

As for drawing, I have retired Wizent's staff, which was used entirely as a last-resort when you didn't draw a Tainted Oracle by turn 4. However, it really hurts this deck because you need every last point of Shadow Energy to keep Zhanna alive. Now with Elizabeth Winterborn, we have a great turn 4 alternate that serves the same purpose, with the benefit of having the possibility to attack later on in the game! Rule of thumb: if you have tainted oracle in hand by turn 4, just sac Elizabeth because you don't want her clogging up your graveyard.

Book of Curses has incread from 3x to 4x in DP because of rush risks. It is critical to get this by turn 3. Without it, you will probably lose the match.

The situational spells are to tech against specific decks:
    - Ressurection to counter Zhanna and Mill decks.
    - Mass Purification to counter Warriors' Blood Frenzy, Enrage, Rampage, Crippling Blow, A legend rises, and Treasured Heirloom. If you play this at the right time, it can completely turn over the game.
    - Banish is added to counter Lance's Hasted Ravens, Shadow Knights, early rush Aldons, and is great for stalling while waiting for Tidals. It's basically a retreat that doesn't give your opponent cards. Totally worth the extra 2cc cost.

The deck length has increased to 41 cards due to the increased likelyhood of taking damage due to milling yourself out of cards.

Easy matchups:
    - any type of rush
    - Mages (don't ever sac Healing Touch against Mages)
    - Elementalis
    - Boris
    - Darkclaw (use all four Focused Prayer on his What Big Teeth)
    - and any deck if the person hasn't seen this deck. Once they've seen it, it's easier to beat.

Hard Matchups:
    - Any warrior Rotham's Visage deck.
    - Amber
    - Zhanna mirror match (always be the last to tidal wave, and hang onto resurrection)

Ideal turns:
    1 - sac
    2 - sac
    3 - Book of Curses
    4 - Tainted Oracle
    5 - Tidal Wave
    6 - Ghostmaker / Focused Prayer + Healing Touch
    7 - Tainted Oracle + Focused Prayer or Healing Touch.
    8 - 2x Tainted Oracle
    9 - Tidal Wave + Tainted Oracle
    (getting the idea??)
    10 - 2 fatties / Tidal + one fatty
    11 - 2 more fatties / one fatty + ghostmaker
    Last edited by yomaster; 02-15-2014 at 08:51 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks'll try.
    Escritor Arcano (Ign: BP Fedon gmt+2)

Miembro de la rama hispana de BP
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

To act is easy, to think is hard; act as one thinks is even more difficult. Goethe

Creator:

LDL Tag Team http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....13-00-hs-GMT-0

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great deck! No love for Forgiveness?
    For weekly free SE Crystals visit

https://www.facebook.com/ShadoweraShop

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Something to keep in mind about the health. Be prepared to go to 1 health and end up winning.
    Kicker of puppies, slasher of babies, and primordial Elder Lich.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Your old build was the inspiration for mine! Thank you for this update, I was really waiting to see what changes you had made. I have a pretty similar setup but I added 3 Word of the Prophet and it solved the issue of not getting TO, BoC and TW at the beginning. Testing and tuning cost me 40 points in rating but I am having SO much more fun than with Eladwen. Every single match is epic! Thanks!
    Minmatar Guardian of the Incal
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great deck as always and it's good to see the list.

Why do you only run 3 Ghostmaker? As part two of the main draw engine I think there should be four to increase the odds of drawing one by at least turn 6.

Lily is a great card but after trying her a lot I'm not sure she is the best option for this deck. She gets your items only once and then clogs up your graveyard as the weakest ally to bring back with Ghostmaker. If I were to cut anything for an extra Ghostmaker and/or trim down the deck I would cut her.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I only run 3 GM because I don't absolutely need it by turn 6. If you don't get one by then, chances are you have tainted oracles in your hand instead, so just use those until the GMs come.

As for Lily, I do agree that she is the least critical card in my deck, but here's why I use her: I find that this deck requires me to sac a lot of cards to get to that critical 10-11 resource range, and in doing so, it's possible to sac the majority of your allies. Lily is 99% of the time used on turn 11 to return a King's Pride from the graveyard back to the board. Don't use her to return GM. If I draw Lily in the early game, she is sacrificed. By the late game, I'm usually so starved for allies that I really need more bodies on the board, and Lily becomes a 4/5 ally with King's Pride out.

I wouldn't trim the deck down to the standard 39+hero size because you'll mill yourself out in some situations.
    I'll look into other uses for the two Lily cards... I'm considering 2x smite, another 2x banish, 2x sandworm, 1xKingsPride+1x something else.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Awesome

I'm agree that Knight of the Golden Dawn is so good for this deck.

Thanks for sharing !!
    My ID : Marcus147

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    very very fun.

it's good,. but that's irrelevant. this may be the most fun deck I've played.

awesome!