Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Any advice for matching up with Serena ?
    My ID : Marcus147

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    a massive ShoutOut to yomaster for this amazing deck - brilliant work, Sir!

...since the last rating reset i've only been using this build with no tweaks whatsoever and i've enjoyed each and every game (current rating 300), including the very few lost ones. not only the way this build can recover from almost any situation, but also the fact it hasnt really got bad matchups, as far as i remember i only struggled when all Tainted Oracles and both Lizzies were buried in the bottom half of the deck, other than that it's capable of beating every build there is (or so it seems) in such a way that most people rage-quit once it gets rolling xD

another thing is that this is probably as close as you can get to a combo deck with current card pool

...the only thing i didn't like when i first looked at it was Resurrection, but even that's won me 2 games i would have lost otherwise

so once again: VERY WELL DONE yomaster and BIG THANKS for this awesome build! xD

Last edited by 4Ak; 03-11-2014 at 03:13 PM.
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    glad you guys like it! I added resurrection for mirror match-ups (last person to tidal wins!), and for mill decks like millstalker and mill zaladar. It turns out to come in handy when your tainted oracles are buried and need to drop some fatties earlier than you'd like to keep from dying. Then when the tainted oracles come out, tidal wave, drop a few down, resurrect your fatties, then tidal again and you'll have a fresh new hand of fatties, ready to take the board.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    as for Serena, or any other hero for that matter, TAKE OUT THEIR DRAW engine! That is priority 1! For Serena, that's Ill gotten gains. For hunters, that's Wrath of the Forest. Also remember to use your focused prayers on any armors that come out because they ruin ghostmaker completely.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    one last comment: the original goal of this deck was to counter the massive popularity of eladwen rush decks, which I still see as a "staple" for a lot of players. Against eladwen, save your focused prayers for their research draw engine, and do not sac any healing touches. Think of those an anti-fireballs, with the added benefit that if you cast one on a frozen knight, he'll heal himself, Zhanna, and become unfrozen! Great card! Eventually she'll run out of gas at around 6-7 resources, and you'll have a full hand of fatties sitting on 10-11 resources. game over.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ...sad news mate, Wulven decided to change the rules yet again, so the way Earthen Protecor works now is that if one of your allies is killed during your opponents turn while EP is in play, EP dies and your ally is brought back, however it will only be readied at the end of your following turn meaning theres nothing u can do with it for a full turn and your opp gets 2 turns to deal with the revived ally.....which ruined the whole EP+Aeon, etc. combo

...this changed as of version 2.80

probably time to bring back them Worms xD
    Last edited by 4Ak; 03-14-2014 at 10:28 AM.
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    yeah I noticed this. I also found a bug with EP and tidal wave that works to my advantage, but I'm keeping it my little secret for now ;-)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by yomaster View Post
    yeah I noticed this. I also found a bug with EP and tidal wave that works to my advantage, but I'm keeping it my little secret for now ;-)
    Share that bug so people know what to avoid.
    Kicker of puppies, slasher of babies, and primordial Elder Lich.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How exactly does this counter Eladwen rush? By the time you start setting up which is turn 6, you are pretty much dead. If Ealdwen goes first with Kris, Puwen, PotL/Aldon I don't see how you can recover in time.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    eladwen rush is the easiest yet. I've explained it several times over the years in my various oathbreakers threads. If you are consistently losing to eladwen rush, you're doing it wrong.