Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Wink Night's Baduruu 310+

Alright everyone, here is my Baduruu deck that I'm playing in the 310+ rank and where I'm consistently winning a lot after quite some testing.

Baduruu ( FOIL, or he won't be as badass :P )

(3) Gargoyle - Tank
    (3) DMT - Ping damage synergizes with Baduruu's weapons
    (2) Discipline of Aldmor (OP vs Elad, Maji, zalad, Boris and Nish)
    (1) Rust Weevil (good vs Amber, mirror and Darkclaw)
    (3) Morbid Acolyte (due to the popularity of Sandworm)
    (2) Furrion Terror (sometimes you just have to clear the field, also very good vs Moonstalker and Lance)
    (2) Wendith Eagle-eye (kill Aldon, Jasmin, DMT, etc)

(4) Here be Monsters (insta +1)
    (2) Shriek of Vengeance (remove their draw engines)
    (2) Acid Jet (over LNN, because I can usually kick Kings Pride a few times, so the usefulness vs Amber has my preference)
    (2) Lamb (additional draw source and good vs warriors and wulves)
    (1) Night Prowler (OP vs mages, can't tell you how many Fire Balls I've stolen)
    (4) Snare trap (great when going second)
    (2) The perfect Shot (Fatty killer)

(4) Soul Seeker (Mage owner)
    (4) Grundler's Double (Baduruu's best card)

I have to tell you that Ter Adun (who plays that even in the 300+ rank) and Zhanna can be though match-ups and are the ones I'm losing.
    Moreover, easy match-ups are: Banebow, Elad and Moonstalker (almost auto-win).
    Furthermore, I think Here Be Monsters is such a good and underrated card, too many decks (except for Amber are dependent of high resources and almost instantly lose when I play 2 HBM's right after each other. However, it's not quite easy to play the card, timing is everything!

Let me know what you think of it and whether you have any fixes and thanks for reading =), cheers!
    For weekly free SE Crystals visit

https://www.facebook.com/ShadoweraShop

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    One change that I've made in order get my weapons sooner:

-1 Morbid
    +1 Lamb

I've noticed that when I do not draw one of my weapons, it's almost always game over..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi SES. Can't wait to try the deck out. I always wanted a competitive baduruu XD! Anyways when is the time to use HBM, I have trouble with that. Btw, has 1 night prowler and two perfect shots prove to be sufficient

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks Pat Jay!

Night Prowler is in there just when the opportunity is there to grab one of the cards that your opponent has saved (LLN, stop thief etc), however you don't want to draw more than one and your win condition will not be negatively influenced if you don't draw it (unlike KP for example). I often just sac it, but when the time is there AND you have night prowler in hand, it can be game-over.

As for HBM, you want to have your opponent resource their higher level cards, like aeon etc. that's also why I only play 2 one-shots. It's important to already have a level 3 monster on the field like Garry when you play HBM, since you want to gain field control. If you go first for example, and you play a gargoyle at turn 3 and your opp a jasmin. You then don't resource and play a HBM, they'll get downgraded in their resource pile, which will be a huge tempo-loss. Next turn you can play your GD weapon and they can't destroy it with their LLN yet. This will improve your game position significantly, especially when you have a 2nd HBM . Furthermore, Baduruu doesn't need high resources, thus always make sure that you're at the same level as your opp in order to play a mid-game HBM.
    Hope it's clear and have fun playing the deck!

I've noticed that, when your opp plays 3 priests of the light after each other, it's almost always an auto-loss... Anyone got any tips for that? I think shadow font is too situational.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SES Night View Post
    I've noticed that, when your opp plays 3 priests of the light after each other, it's almost always an auto-loss... Anyone got any tips for that? I think shadow font is too situational.
    The best way to deal with that is to ignore it because of the chance of that happening is < 5%

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Jay View Post
    The best way to deal with that is to ignore it because of the chance of that happening is < 5%

Haha that's true! It happened to me two times in a row the other day, so I'm probably safe for the next 38 games

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Jay View Post

It mainly plays by rush eladwen.

Resorce HBF and hard cast soul seeker alongside with FT to get the board back

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So what is the optimal resource count for this deck?