Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

[SF] Tala simple beatdown

This a very simple deck that is quite competitive.
    85% win rate in the 260 + rating.
    You have the classic Hero Warrior set, very close to a Boris build plus the fortified wisp that suits Tala's ability like a charm.

Hero : Tala Pureheart

Allies (22)
    Yari Bladedancer x4
    Eleanor, Princess of Ellos x1
    Champion of Irum x1
    Fleet-footed Messenger x4
    Spirit Warden x1
    Aldon the brave x3
    Yari Marksman x3
    Fortified Wisp x3
    Viska, The Scarlet Blade x2

Abilities (14)
    Treasured Heirloom x2
    Crippling Blow x4
    Blood Frenzy x4
    Smashing Blow x2
    Enrage x1
    A Legend Rises x1

Items (3)
    The King's Pride x2
    Spectral Sabre x1

Total : 40

http://db.deckmill.com/#e5Lig9U13rHr...515D65f4o0oyxr
    Last edited by shiperu; 05-31-2014 at 02:40 PM. Reason: updated after balance changes

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Principles
    Early board presence with Bladedancer/Eleanor/Champion/FFM/Aldon
    Controling opposing allies mid game with Wisp, or FFM + Tala ability and crippling blow
    Yari Marksman and hasted allies to regain board when necessary
    Finisher is king's pride

Techs : Spectral Sabre, Enrage, Smashing Blow, Legend Rises, Spirit Warden

Choices highlights :
    Yari Marksman over Wild Berserker => YM cost one less and can target allies with stealth (Moonstalker, nightshades etc ...). YM can survive some turns behind a protector. WB is better in a Boris deck.
    Treasured heirloom over Bad Santa or Road Less Travelled. TH is unilateral , will keep board presence, and can bring down a 4HP ally on turn 4 going second (Blade dancer + TH + Tala ablity)
    3 wisps, not 4 as FFM is a pretty decent protectored ally.
    Single Champion, and single princess of Ellos. Well, I can not make my mind between the 2 . Now that I've played this deck more, Princess is more situational. She can win you games on her own, but you cannot rely on that. So I think she may be replaced soon by another Champion that is just solid all the time.
    No Seductress as my turn 3 going second is aimed at inflicting 4 damage.

Match-ups :
    This deck, unlike a Boris one, can stand against Moonstalker.
    It also pretty solid against Zaladar and Baduruu denial builds that we see a lot currently.

Ideal turns :

Going First
    T1 sac
    T2 any of your 2C allies, preferrably bladedancer
    T3 Blood Frenzy / Treasure Heirloom / FFM / Aldon
    T4 Wisp + Tala ability on Wisp
    T5 Blood Frenzy + 2CC, or 2CC + 3CC ally
    T6 Viska
    T7 King's pride

Going Second
    T1 Sac
    T2 any of your 2C allies, preferrably bladedancer, or Crippling blow if opponents played 2CC ally
    T3 FFM + Tala ability on FFM + Bladedancer on FFM for 4 damage
    T4 3CC ally / Blood frenzy + FFM cycling
    T5 Blood Frenzy + 2CC, or 2CC + 3CC ally
    T6 Viska
    T7 King's pride

Comments are welcome !!
    Last edited by shiperu; 05-31-2014 at 02:41 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice deck. Seems pretty solid.
    For those 2 free slots I would recommend Irina, Guardian of the Swan. She synergizes quite well with Yari Bladedancer, Aldon and, while this is not a top play, Tala's ability.

Agree with this build: T4 Fortified Wisp with protector is seriously OP. You force your opponent to spend a strong response.
    Last edited by Hrinkell; 06-04-2014 at 01:22 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrinkell View Post
    Nice deck. Seems pretty solid.
    For those 2 free slots I would recommend Irina, Guardian of the Swan. She synergizes quite well with Yari Bladedancer, Aldon and, while this is not a top play, Tala's ability.
    Thanks for the tips.

-1 Eleanor
    -1 Spirit Warden

+1 Champion of Irum
    +1 Irina, Guardian of the Swan

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nuh. Tried this deck for a while, total fail. Mages and hunters annihilate Eleanor, one of the worst cards I've ever played. I've persisted with her in my own build, but she always gets smoked.

I had a brief run with a 50 card build plus Tala, but as usual the utterly overpowered shadow decks destroyed her every time.

Frankly finding nothing but frustration with new heros, overall they fail in comparison to COC. On the surface the abilities look okay, but in game play the fold pretty easy. Even my worst draws have destroyed all the shadow heroes barring the Wulven, but I've never yet beaten a Wulven deck since I started,playing in 2012.

I'm a crap player for sure, but I've had consistent runs with the Eladwen burn deck someone posts here with the addition of let line nexus and sever ties.

Dying to play a new deck but nothing comes close to the consistency I've had with Eladwen and earlier in the piece Boris.

I would rate Tala maybe 3
    Aramia is a solid 1, utterly useless card considering the items she draws are pretty weak.
    I tried Raikka and got smoked by the weakest of decks, conversely I've beaten Raikka decks in my sleep.

Not sure what the solution is, but over all the heroes in SF are fail, which is a shame because some of the new cards are pretty cool.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    For sure this deck requires a completely different playstyle than an Eladwen rush/burn one.

Eleanor is auto sac against match ups with direct damages.

I no longer run her, using Champion of Irum instead.

Overall I still believe Tala builds with hasted allies is quite strong and consistent in the current meta.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Praxix isnt a total fail...people seem to like Garth as well.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Isn't her ability too unbalanced in conjunction with allies with stealth like Erika?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Knutto View Post
    Isn't her ability too unbalanced in conjunction with allies with stealth like Erika?
    Erika is a snack for heroes with direct damage, FWisp and Sandworm don't have that problem.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by chamthabo View Post
    Erika is a snack for heroes with direct damage, FWisp and Sandworm don't have that problem.
    But for other heroes, that are not mages or hunters, it's impossible to kill. For example, if you play Boris, you pretty much have no answer to her, a part for Yari Marksman; you just lose board control, since you can't use your ability and kill anything, and then the game. Sandworm and Fortified Wisp are not huge threats in this case, you can Crippling Bow and slowly kill the first and just use your ability on the second one.
    Last edited by Knutto; 08-03-2014 at 04:31 PM.