Have you paired with black Garb?
    Yeah and it sucks.
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuelJ View Post
    Same could be said about say Anklebreaker.

To my point, look at the Hunter card pool and cards their Heroes utilize.

They have Rapid Fire and Woodland Spotter which can allow 2 shots in for 2 discards. Even worse with Gwen which can continuously pump its dura. Baduruu can Summon this for free and combine this with a bit of resource destruction to make the discard even more terrifying and painful Banebow if he can keep the pressure up can easily use this to strip their hand of threats as he gradually strips out the board. Victor can reduce anything into kill range with this and take out cards. One could say drop the Gambit first, then Victor ability and then play this. Getting back the Gambit and getting both a discard and draw.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuelJ View Post
    hmmm interesting. Is thoughtrippers cutlass supposed to work like that? I ask assuming you mean that attacking an ally with cutlass and black garb on and letting the ally defend, causing black garb to trigger will cause cutlass to trigger.. but that cant be right though.. can it? Might be a good question for mojumbo if what I think youre actually did happen like that.. may be a bug.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cutlass CLEARLY says an ally killed in COMBAT. If your hero defends with black garb and cutlass it will kill the ally first , force a discard and save dura on cutlass....but it takes too much to set up.

Example. Vs a Zalashard deck.

Your t3 black garb will not last long enough for you to make use of it in the early game. Especially if they run Frostmare. Its a neat trick but too cute to really be relied upon. Plus if you somehow do manage to bring cutlass out on t5, it only has 3 dura, so if you are already behind, i.e., getting rushed, your cutlass wont last long.
    Last edited by WrathOfCroft; 02-14-2014 at 05:02 AM.
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Direwulven View Post
    Agree. Not sure if it was designed with Serena specifically (and exclusively) in mind but Thoughtripper's Cutlass seems to be a misnomer. More like Everyone-Else-But-Thoughtripper's Cutlass.
    If this card was designed for Rogues, or Serena specifically, it's badly designed. Serena's ability is designed to hit heroes, this card is designed to kill allies and now we have two things that want to do different things which makes like no sense.

Chances are Rogues want to use Anklebreaker instead anyway. More durability, same damage but you don't need to even kill the guy to make the weapon do it's thing.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Airact the point of the weapon is that Serena can force a discard either way. However I agree that other heroes are better suited at getting ally kills generally.
    Elder TJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayzie View Post
    Airact the point of the weapon is that Serena can force a discard either way. However I agree that other heroes are better suited at getting ally kills generally.
    If Serena's point is to be an "I can do everything badly and nothing well" kind of hero, be my quest but I don't think people will play her. I kinda get what you mean but I would rather force more discards one way than be able to force less discards in more ways.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My personal opinion is that Serena is dead. Forever.

Reason is that there's so many cheap draw. I had a game with ythan (with surprise attack and gambit) and I keep up my draw against an Amber with T3 BF.

As long as Serena cannot force more discard within such an easy draw meta, she's doomed.
    Last edited by Atomzed; 02-14-2014 at 02:46 PM.
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomzed View Post
    My personal opinion is that Serena is dead. Forever.

Reason is that there's so many cheap draw. I had a game with ythan (with ambush and gambit) and I keep up my draw against an Amber with T3 BF.

As long as Serena cannot force more discard within such an easy draw meta, she's doomed.
    I agree, it was quite the shock to me to when I first started on the test server how much draw every deck pretty much has now, killing a draw engine now is nowhere near as effective as it used to be.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos Dark View Post
    Same could be said about say Anklebreaker.
    How!? Only Sandworm and new Wisp strike back after you hit with Anklebreaker...and the opponent does not discard. So no, the same could NOT be said about Anklebreaker