Close

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirStonebreaker View Post
    hello,

I am pretty new, and to be honest i did not read all those 13 pages. So if my question is already answered, I am sorry.

Today i played against Loest, and I need to admit, i felt kinda ....don't know how to express without using bad words.
    The thing is, he kinda seems to make Logan Stonebreaker and Ter Adun useless. Cause he can destroy items, allies and even abilities.

Am I wrong? I am a newbie, so I really don't know much about this game~ it was just my feeling today
    Hi. It's good to hear your perspective.

Here's my view: He's a Human so doesn't have easy access to SE acceleration, and the gap between 4SE ability and 5SE ability is, in game terms, more than 3SE to 4SE. He will likely only get to use his ability once, whereas as most other heroes will go at least twice. In terms of Logan and Ter Adun you mention, they are indeed viewed as weaker heroes in general, but they do have ways to trigger off their kills or destruction, which is something else Loest can't do with his exiling. Loest hates Steadfast, by the way.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ah okay, thanks for ur kind answer~ but what exactly do u mean with "He's a Human so doesn't have easy access to SE acceleration"? Shadow heros have better access to SE acceleration? Thanks in advance
    If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles. Sun Tzu

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SirStonebreaker View Post
    Ah okay, thanks for ur kind answer~ but what exactly do u mean with "He's a Human so doesn't have easy access to SE acceleration"? Shadow heros have better access to SE acceleration? Thanks in advance
    Shadow Font

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I feel Bloodpack Shaman is a little on the OP side.
    I like the card and it's fun to use, but

-the self recursion ability,
    -the sinergy with WotF,
    -the sinergy with MS ability,
    -the sinergy with Griptooth,
    -the sinergy with Howlfang,
    -the sinergy with Dreadclaw Totem,
    -the sinergy with Wulven Rally,
    -the huge FTA it offers

are a too much for it's low cost.
    Yeah, there are counters (admittedly few), but thanks to wulven's cheap ally removal abilities they are often ineffective.

I feel that it should lose at least the self recursion ability, as it's too much for a lot of heroes to counter.

From
    "When Bloodpack Shaman is summoned, target Wulven ally in your graveyard with cost 3 or less is returned to your hand."

To
    "When Bloodpack Shaman is summoned, target Wulven ally in your graveyard, other than Bloodpack Shaman, with cost 3 or less is returned to your hand."

Or
    "When Bloodpack Shaman is summoned, target Wulven ally in your graveyard with cost 3 or less is returned to your hand. When Bloodpack Shaman is killed, it is exiled."

Thoughts?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It is a pain....not sure if its OP though....
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'd like to add that it's pointless to say "hey it has one health, it's easy to kill".

Bloodpack Shaman is a huge tempo booster: you still need to kill it or waste removal and or attachment cards on it.
    At the same time it recovers a 2-3CC ally from the graveyard.

Looping SKs takes 5CC.
    Looping Shamans takes 2CC. Plus you can choose which ally to recover.

It's too much.
    Well IMHO :P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There is a reason you don't see all human play Blake. Going second it is useless if your opponent played their t2 ally. It dies to any haste and DMT or DD ability. So, no stat wise it is not OP, but very fragile and since it is class ally it needs to be better than their faction counterparts. You can negate its ability by playing Death Collector or Spirit Warden, there is Snare Trap, Splicer's Crown...It is good ally only for its recursion.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    There is a reason you don't see all human play Blake. Going second it is useless if your opponent played their t2 ally. It dies to any haste and DMT or DD ability.
    You still avoided damage to your hero by playing it on T2 going second, and now you have it on the graveyard, so you can start the recursion later on.
    Obviously it's not an ideal T2 play going second, Blood Moon would do just fine. You can always summon it if you don't get your Blood moon for the reasons I just wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    You can negate its ability by playing Death Collector or Spirit Warden, there is Snare Trap, Splicer's Crown...It is good ally only for its recursion.
    DC and Spirit warden die easily with NYM before having the chance to activate their ability, the only ally with on summon graveyard exile effect is Rotling, which is niche to say the least.

Snare trap it's for hunters and before activating you still recover an ally, I'd be happy to sacrifice my Bloodpack Shaman to a Snare Trap.

Splicer's Crown only works on homunculus decks (read Aramia). I've never seen any other hero with Splicer's Crown, just one Gravebone I think.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassio View Post
    You still avoided damage to your hero by playing it on T2 going second, and now you have it on the graveyard, so you can start the recursion later on.
    Obviously it's not an ideal T2 play going second, Blood Moon would do just fine. You can always summon it if you don't get your Blood moon for the reasons I just wrote.
    This also applies for any t2 drop. There is not a single ally you can just ignore that early.

DC and Spirit warden die easily with NYM before having the chance to activate their ability, the only ally with on summon graveyard exile effect is Rotling, which is niche to say the least.
    Obviously you won't play them on t3 asap, but try to bate NYM. You also should have more than 1 copy of those allies.

Snare trap it's for hunters and before activating you still recover an ally, I'd be happy to sacrifice my Bloodpack Shaman to a Snare Trap.
    You still brake the cycle

Splicer's Crown only works on homunculus decks (read Aramia). I've never seen any other hero with Splicer's Crown, just one Gravebone I think.
    true but still an option.

Don't forget it dies immediately to EA.

SO yeah its good, but I would put it bellow Bladedancer for example on my tier list for allies. It limits your deck building choices to Wulven only, on its own it doesn't offer much control, and there is still not any game changing 3cc Wulven ally.
    Last edited by Veles; 05-27-2014 at 02:09 PM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I feel Serena is been left out, i also agree on Sword thief he should be 2/4.
    Victors ability + Ravens Gambit is a pain in the ass its almost impossible to gain board control against him.
    I also feel Sustain would be more popular and playable if you could decide to pay the price or no at the end of the turn to keep the card on play.
    Finally i feel that Aldmor Accelerator + Moonstaker are too much! i played one game against one it was ridiculous how many turns i could not attack him, plus shadow font, plus rain delay, plus Full Moon.....holy SH!@T, i think the 2 or 3 times that I attacked was because he let me...Aldmor Accelerator should be a human item only, the shadows have already plenty of ways to gain SE.
    Last edited by snipnigth; 06-04-2014 at 05:46 AM.