Close

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranĝelo View Post
    Yes, it's a 3/3/4 ally. Very good atk/life for a cost 3... i think it can give a great advantage if summoned on turn 3. Maybe you are right, we will see. Yesterday my opponent had it and i killed, because i didn't want my hand is visible.
    I would never be happy with a vanilla 3/4 for 3, which is what Wulven Scout practically is.

His ability is a thing but then again, as long as you know what the opponent is playing, it doesn't really matter to you as you already know what should be coming.

There are two reasons why I would be interested in my opponents current hand:
    1. If I can interact with said hand, with either direct disruption or counterspell effects.
    2. I'm playing a combo deck and need to know if I can win or not. This is usually done in combination with the first reason.

Anything else and it doesn't cut it. Wulven Scout allows for neither. Because he's an ally, he's both too expensive to cast for his ability to be effective, and he doesn't replace himself. Because he's so expensive, I don't see him being useful for either of the two reasons.

He has a similar problem to the one of Wulven Tactician. Both of their abilities are situationally extremely good but both of them cost too much and neither card actually allows you to fully exploit their abilities because of that.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wulven Scout is used almost exclusively in Wulven-only decks, and only reason it's used in those is because it's Wulven. It's not a particularly good card, but Wulven don't have very many good 3cc allies apart from that haste one, and Scout is slightly better than Bad Wolf so in he goes. Mildly annoying at times. Nowhere near OP.
    GMT +13
    IGN: Exterminans
    Champion of Shadow Era for New Zealand
    Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdrJmXzISs

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Twio View Post
    Wulven Scout is used almost exclusively in Wulven-only decks, and only reason it's used in those is because it's Wulven. It's not a particularly good card, but Wulven don't have very many good 3cc allies apart from that haste one, and Scout is slightly better than Bad Wolf so in he goes. Mildly annoying at times. Nowhere near OP.
    I would rather use Bad Wolf over Scout.

His self-heal negates the ping from cards like EA. He is pretty much a card you must kill in one turn or he just continues to regenerate making any efforts partially negated.

My hieachy is Haste guy > Preadator > Bad Wolf > Scout
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So it really seems to me that Rouges really got shafted in SF. Each other class got a bunch of cards that really work together, but all rouges got were a few random good cards(Sword Thief, Oliver Fagin) and then a bunch of junk that could have and probably should have been just faction or neutral cards. All of the cards have to do with items, but Rouges didn't get any new class specific items designed just for rouges. This really saddens me because I really like rouges, but it seems like SF is giving them nothing really. I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry_the_dragon View Post
    So it really seems to me that Rouges really got shafted in SF. Each other class got a bunch of cards that really work together, but all rouges got were a few random good cards(Sword Thief, Oliver Fagin) and then a bunch of junk that could have and probably should have been just faction or neutral cards. All of the cards have to do with items, but Rouges didn't get any new class specific items designed just for rouges. This really saddens me because I really like rouges, but it seems like SF is giving them nothing really. I'd be happy to be proven wrong.
    they did get upgraded puwen so no reason to ever carry puwen in rouge decks, repaid in full is solid, i think wily smuggler could be useful but i dont know, and garths connotation is solid
    IGN: AO1 Pjoe0211
    Trophy Case
    3rd in first tourny SE tourney ever
    joint winner of 1.27 master tournament
    2nd in crown(9) "Five Classes"
    winner of 7 pop up tourneys
    2nd in 4 pop up tourneys
    2nd in green division 1 season 4
    2nd in TJ ironman challenge tourney

Winner of 12 pop ups
    2nd in 16 pop ups
    Winner of [Beta Server] Every Heros Tournament
    2nd in Gondorian's GR34T tournament
    Winner of [SF] : Extremely Tough Challenge: THE DRAFT

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos Dark View Post
    I would rather use Bad Wolf over Scout.

His self-heal negates the ping from cards like EA. He is pretty much a card you must kill in one turn or he just continues to regenerate making any efforts partially negated.

My hieachy is Haste guy > Preadator > Bad Wolf > Scout

EA isn't exactly meta, and it's not like you would normally leave a 3/4 alone anyway. I guess we'll agree to disagree. The point is, Scout sucks.
    GMT +13
    IGN: Exterminans
    Champion of Shadow Era for New Zealand
    Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdrJmXzISs

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post

His ability is a thing but then again, as long as you know what the opponent is playing, it doesn't really matter to you as you already know what should be coming.

How, given the abundance of cards now available, would you think you could predict what the opponent holds? Especially when SF Beta goes live and players who havent had access to them before, get access. Scout can help you plan your strategy. 3/4 for 3cc is decent. At least you can get benefit from his ability before he dies unlike Jasmine or Death Collector. Useful, yes....OP, no. Worthless? Hell no. But again Twio is right...he only gets used in All Wulven decks to fill out your 3cc roster for Howlfang...
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    On a side note, as a lifetime rogue myself, the only thing we dislike more than not having enough pointy, stabby things is being called a rouge.

Rouge is something girly girls put on their face

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by WrathOfCroft View Post
    How, given the abundance of cards now available, would you think you could predict what the opponent holds? Especially when SF Beta goes live and players who havent had access to them before, get access. Scout can help you plan your strategy. 3/4 for 3cc is decent. At least you can get benefit from his ability before he dies unlike Jasmine or Death Collector. Useful, yes....OP, no. Worthless? Hell no. But again Twio is right...he only gets used in All Wulven decks to fill out your 3cc roster for Howlfang...
    The person I responded to did call it OP. I don't think it's worthless but I think it's something people might have a hard time fitting into their decks.

I don't think it's wise to play slower decks right after a set lauch due to the fact that you don't know what's coming. At that point Wulven Scout is not that good anyway when your deck can't deal with the threat.

This is completely from a competitive standpoint. At the start of a set, the decks are probably too aggressive for you to afford playing Wulven Scout and when people are starting to optimize their slower decks, the set is figured out enough for you to not need it.
    Last edited by Airact; 04-01-2014 at 08:19 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    The person I responded to did call it OP. I don't think it's worthless but I think it's something people might have a hard time fitting into their decks.

I don't think it's wise to play slower decks right after a set lauch due to the fact that you don't know what's coming. At that point Wulven Scout is not that good anyway when your deck can't deal with the threat.
    It is mostly restricted to all Wulven theme decks but it is useful for sac choices and what you play T4. Also moonstalker at least has the option to use or not use his ability depending on what can be seen in the opponents hand- especially against weapon based heroes..
    IGN: A1 Flibber

signature IG message: "the game has already started"