Close

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fou DeLile View Post
    Regarding Sword Thief, I find him very playable. If he had Seductress's stats it wouldn't even be a contest.

That being said, the Test Server meta isn't the most competitive environment so all analysis should be taken with a grain of salt...

Also, I haven't played them much but I've been on the receiving end of quite a few Racagers asswhoppings.

It shouldn't be a contest. Would Mages ever consider running Special Delivery over Fireball? Sword Thief should basically be a Rogue auto-include. No class-specific card should be able to be replaced with a faction-specific card imo. Seductress will still see a ton of play in Warriors and Mages.

Both cards are exactly the same except:
    -Sword Thief can be used regardless of each player's resources
    -Layarian Seductress has +1 health and prevents allies from using activated abilities.

Imo, Seductress is better. She survives Zalblast, Majiya, and most 3cc allies. She stops PB, DMT, Murderous Hulk, Voracious Arachnid and heaps more. And she has boobs. Case closed.

After spending some time using Ravagers, I've decided that they aren't really bad, just a little inconsistent (if you don't draw items) and very hard to play well. Once you get good with them though, they are decent. However, Spitfire Hound is garbage and I wouldn't even think of running him. Maybe if he was a 2/3 so he could be useful if you have no item to destroy, I'd consider. At the moment I'm running Ironhide Karash / Yari Bladedancer depending on what hero I'm using.
    Last edited by Twio; 03-28-2014 at 11:27 PM.
    GMT +13
    IGN: Exterminans
    Champion of Shadow Era for New Zealand
    Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdrJmXzISs

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Twio View Post
    It shouldn't be a contest. Would Mages ever consider running Special Delivery over Fireball? Sword Thief should basically be a Rogue auto-include. No class-specific card should be able to be replaced with a faction-specific card imo. Seductress will still see a ton of play in Warriors and Mages.
    I don't like this 'class card should be powerful' rule. I know it came from Wulven but still. (it's not even enforced anyways)

Class cards can be powerful (like Fireball) but so can Neutral or Faction cards.

Sword Thief gives Rogues options other class don't have (like running up to 8 disablers). That's good enough for me.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Imo, Seductress is better. She survives Zalblast, Majiya, and most 3cc allies. She stops PB, DMT, Murderous Hulk, Voracious Arachnid and heaps more. And she has boobs. Case closed.
    . Sums it up eh bro!
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Both cards are exactly the same except:
    -Sword Thief can be used regardless of each player's resources
    -Layarian Seductress has +1 health and prevents allies from using activated abilities.

After spending some time using Ravagers, I've decided that they aren't really bad, just a little inconsistent (if you don't draw items) and very hard to play well. Once you get good with them though, they are decent. However, Spitfire Hound is garbage and I wouldn't even think of running him. Maybe if he was a 2/3 so he could be useful if you have no item to destroy, I'd consider. At the moment I'm running Ironhide Karash / Yari Bladedancer depending on what hero I'm using.
    I'm coming to the same conclusion, with Garth nerfed and RLT about to go to 3CC sword thief really should go back to its original stats, 2/3 is pretty poor. Ability to "stun" Dakrath is the only real advantage it has.
    IGN: A1 Flibber

signature IG message: "the game has already started"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ocnarb View Post
    Just remove it from hunter and make it a little better for Serena
    I agree about Thoughtripper's Cutlass.

Aetherborn Wisp and Glimmer of Hope...
    Aetherborn Wisp had 6 attack points against me... i think it should have an attack point limit.

What about Wulwen scout? No discussion... it's overpower, obviously.
    Messenger of the misty night
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranĝelo View Post

Aetherborn Wisp had 6 attack points against me... i think it should have an attack point limit.

Wulven Scout is no different than Tracking Gear, except with a body. No one uses that, and I don't expect Scout to be very useful either except in niche situations.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fou DeLile View Post
    I don't like this 'class card should be powerful' rule. I know it came from Wulven but still. (it's not even enforced anyways)

Class cards can be powerful (like Fireball) but so can Neutral or Faction cards.

Sword Thief gives Rogues options other class don't have (like running up to 8 disablers). That's good enough for me.
    Actually, I haven't even seen Fireball used that much on the test server.

I might even go as far as to say that Fireball is no longer a measure of a good card, just a decent card.
    IGN: BP Lentan

Sentry of the Searing Sun
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranĝelo View Post

What?

Wulven scout is terrible.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos Dark View Post
    Wulven Scout is no different than Tracking Gear, except with a body. No one uses that, and I don't expect Scout to be very useful either except in niche situations.
    Yes, it's a 3/3/4 ally. Very good atk/life for a cost 3... i think it can give a great advantage if summoned on turn 3. Maybe you are right, we will see. Yesterday my opponent had it and i killed, because i didn't want my hand is visible.
    Messenger of the misty night
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think Wulven scout's ability should be an active ability with cost 1