0 0%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Please rate SF for its ENJOYMENT

Hi there, Beta Testers!

Above all else, our aim on the Design Team is to create an enjoyable gaming experience with the cards we've designed. I figured it's a good time to get your feedback on how well we've done on this, so there's a poll on this thread to get your Enjoyment rating so far.

What do I mean by Enjoyment? Well, really that's down to your interpretation. You might enjoy winning or experimenting or variety or surprise or creativity or challenge or learning or .... you get the idea!

Caveat: I know it might be hard to do, but please ignore any experiences of bugs when you are giving this rating, since the implementation is separate from the design of the cards. As designers, we have no input on the implementation, only the design of the cards, so that's what we'd like to hear about.

If you want to leave comments as well as a rating, do please share on this thread.

Many thanks!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think it is going to turn the game upside down in a good way! I give it 5 stars, but i dont see a poll anywhere. But great job on the cards and designs. Im sure after a few tweaks to certain cards and what not, it will make the game sooo much more fun and should keep things fresh untill the next set comes out, unlike DP.

Overall great job!

Edit: guess i was too quick! Poll up for me now and vote cast!
    Last edited by WrathOfCroft; 02-07-2014 at 11:48 PM.
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Loving the fact that there are more playstyles now and all the little neat tricks and synergies. As Croft says it should really tip things on their head a bit.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by WrathOfCroft View Post
    I think it is going to turn the game upside down in a good way! I give it 5 stars, but i dont see a poll anywhere. But great job on the cards and designs. Im sure after a few tweaks to certain cards and what not, it will make the game sooo much more fun and should keep things fresh untill the next set comes out, unlike DP.

Overall great job!

Edit: guess i was too quick! Poll up for me now and vote cast!
    yeah lol very true.. and i hate this .. strategies are really turned upside down in a big way'
    IN GAME NAME : A1 Ragosonos

A1's BRUTAL MINOTAUR

Ultimately proud EX-member of A1 leadership

My famous 320+ rated builds :

rag-ajiya
    meta destruction threbin
    competitive blood fang
    zhanna control
    banebow control

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This set was definitely designed with bringing combo-deck elements into SE. I rated it 8 out of 10.
    Kicker of puppies, slasher of babies, and primordial Elder Lich.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I rated an 8. Good work overall. Get rid of that annoying elemental hero that bins your cards, and it would be a 9. Add in a Mongoosey hero card, and you have your 10.
    "I'll have you know I have the reflexes of a cat, and the speed of a mongoose"

LEGEND of TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Recent accolades: season 5, finalist (top 8). UK streetfigher, Conquerors Bane runner-up.
    Immortalised as Flavour Winner for "Smoke Screen". Conceal, Confuse, and Obscure.

Link to irc: http://shadowera.gondorian.com/gamechat/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As much new cards there is, I rarely see or meet new strategies overall. For me it just feels like DP + CotC with new pictures. Just packing in some good stuff overall, trade allies with allies and maybe some removal on the side and keep the draw engine up. Everything is about who has the most dominant board with allies just like it has always been. When a new kind of gameplay discovers, people will cry it's OP just because it's out of "standard", out from their radar and mind but not because it's actually OP. I also don't know why people are crying about that aggro/rush makes the game have less variety, while mid-range is everywhere and no gamplay variety there, makes no sense. Sorry but I'm quite disappointed. ..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Can't vote wiithout all arts revealed.
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm a little disappointed for now, I don't know why, but I can't really enjoy playing in the test server. Maybe it's just for the missing arts, dunno.
    Maybe I'll change my mind when the final version will be out.
    And I've seen too many slow-annoying-milling decks out there. Millstalker didn't teach anything?
    ~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~

IGN: 17 Shining

1lluminati in 7enebris

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingFerrari View Post
    As much new cards there is, I rarely see or meet new strategies overall. For me it just feels like DP + CotC with new pictures. Just packing in some good stuff overall, trade allies with allies and maybe some removal on the side and keep the draw engine up. Everything is about who has the most dominant board with allies just like it has always been. When a new kind of gameplay discovers, people will cry it's OP just because it's out of "standard", out from their radar and mind but not because it's actually OP. I also don't know why people are crying about that aggro/rush makes the game have less variety, while mid-range is everywhere and no gamplay variety there, makes no sense. Sorry but I'm quite disappointed. ..
    I'll be a bit honest here as well.

Considering the dev time and the PFG time, I would say that the set is disappointing. It does bring some new elements that are playable and it tries to bring some other new elements but those really aren't playable.

Tribes are a good idea but considering the set size and that everything apparently has to be cramped into the same set, they just fall really short and bare bones. I'm always hyped for tribe synergies but honestly these tribes don't deliver, at all. There are a couple playable tribes while the rest are trashcan tier and even in the playable tribes there aren't any really exciting synergies.

I agree with the quoted text in that aggro decks seem to be something the playerbase hates. Actually no, scratch that. Everything new seems to be hated, be it mill (which is unplayable IMO, btw), be it actual synergies (The Wisp), be it new types of aggro, be it combo decks, be it anything. Variety is what the game lacked, variety is what Shattered Fates wanted to give, variety is what is apparently hated. I don't understand that but I'm glad that the DT actually wants to deliver, even though they might not be so successful at it.

Bad sets happen in bigger TCGs as well but in there the damage isn't as big as there will be new sets coming up soon to fix it up. Here not so much. We had to stick with Dark Prophecies for a year, maybe even longer. The reason what made Dark Prophecies unplayable for me was the lack of variety. I don't mind board control being a thing as long as it's not pushed to me from every goddamn direction by everybody, like it's some kind of religion. That's how it felt during Dark Prophecies and honestly, if that happens again, I don't see me being here for long.

Then again, who cares about that?

Overall I gave the set a 7 because I'm actually playing the game again which is a massive boost to what Dark Prophecies was. The set isn't perfect by any means: Some misunderstood ideas, some badly designed cards, too many things in a small set and some unbalance in the tribes but it does introduce new things which is good.

All of this in the shadow of a poorly executed physical card plan (the 2nd take, even). I'm not one to question business plans but something seems a bit wrong.
    Last edited by Airact; 02-08-2014 at 09:46 AM.