Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Angry [VAT] 20% on total order.... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

ok so, here is the dealio...

I have made a rant before because i had only $57 from a coupon in the online store, and couldn't do anything with it because they asked $25 shipping costs.

Given that Wulven chooses to blatantly ignore any mail i send them, i fixed the problem myself by buying a code from someone else (2x57=114 > 100 -> free shipping!) At least that way i could finally get my box and the extra money i spend would go to someone else that got hit by the unbelievably bad experience that is the Physical cardgame.

I was happy, i was finally able to get free shipping and get my cards! Or so i thought....
    After choosing free shipping for orders above $100, another screen appeared, adding $22.8 to my order for VAT taxes, again rendering me unable to get my cards without paying another 20% extra on a product that was supposed to be a FREE bonus

This makes me MAD! If you guys are going to give us coupons for a product that is a FREE bonus, why do we need to pay another $36.4($25 shipping+ $11.4 VAT) per coupon to get the stuff? You know how much that is? That is an extra 64% we have to pay for a bonus that is supposed to be free.

On top of that, the VAT is supposed to be a tax on Value Added during the production of the goods (basically your profit), not on the entire price.
    1. VAT is something YOU guys should pay, putting it on your customers is vile to say the least
    2. the USA doesn't have a VAT tax
    3. If you guys use the UK 20% VAT, this would mean that the entire cost of your product is added value! Meaning you guys spend 0$ on making the cards and the entire $57 is PURE PROFIT. So either you guys: (a)used slavery to make the cards, (b) rip us off, or(c) are using a wrong VAT rate. All three off those options seem to be illegal to me.

I plan on making another video about this topic, stay tuned for that, i'm not gonna take this any more

Kind regards
    Bytas

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    From what I understand the $57 is the bonus not that you get a "free box". You can use that $57 for whatever you want in the store ie playmat, sleeves, box etc. You still need to pay for shipping, and that's always been a thing for international orders when it comes to Wulven. The original "kickstarter" you had to add an amount to your order for shipping. So stop your whining and pay the freaking shipping.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What vat ?
    I don't see anything on
    shadowera.com/store

about shipping cost
    I agree with you
    it should be tin can + play mat delivery with original CotC order

So it's wulven fault to delay it and change it to CotC box
    I'm from Thailand boardgame club
    If you ever going to Thailand feel free to contact me if you want to play some boardgame
    we have meeting every saturday

$610.08

I buy : Gift Code
    Sell : CotC / DP boosters cotc/Dp complete CotC/DP premium/exclusive PM me

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Annoying that when someone comes on any forum criticizing Wulven for obvious valid issues, that there are others who insult and stomp the complainers down like the customers are the problem. Um, NOT! Wulven is actually getting worse instead of better!

Meanwhile, in the U.S., we are twiddling our thumbs because of a supposed boat that is wandering around aimlessly and has not arrived with our cards yet. Plus I sure hope they resolve the issue of people not getting their sleeves by the time they ship my order!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by JillyT View Post
    Annoying that when someone comes on any forum criticizing Wulven for obvious valid issues, that there are others who insult and stomp the complainers down like the customers are the problem. Um, NOT! Wulven is actually getting worse instead of better!

Meanwhile, in the U.S., we are twiddling our thumbs because of a supposed boat that is wandering around aimlessly and has not arrived with our cards yet. Plus I sure hope they resolve the issue of people not getting their sleeves by the time they ship my order!
    lol not insulting or "stomping" him down for complaining about Wulven in general. Just that he keeps complaining (which after watching his rant video with his terrible English that just gave me a headache) that EVERYTHING should be free of charge. And I disagree with that. He get's $57 to spend on anything in the Wulven store. The only stipulation is if you are international you have to pay for shipping. I feel like that is reasonable and suck it up and pay the shipping cost. In the original CotC preorder you had to pay extra if you are international what makes this any special.

I too am twiddling my thumbs in the US waiting for my shipments, so don't think I'm not irritated by Wulven either. Also the sleeves issue was a UK distributor issue because they weren't sent enough. That *shouldn't* be a problem for those of us in the US since they originated in the US.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by evilxyardxgnome View Post
    That *shouldn't* be a problem for those of us in the US since they originated in the US.
    Lmao

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by evilxyardxgnome View Post
    lol not insulting or "stomping" him down for complaining about Wulven in general. Just that he keeps complaining (which after watching his rant video with his terrible English that just gave me a headache) that EVERYTHING should be free of charge. And I disagree with that. He get's $57 to spend on anything in the Wulven store. The only stipulation is if you are international you have to pay for shipping. I feel like that is reasonable and suck it up and pay the shipping cost. In the original CotC preorder you had to pay extra if you are international what makes this any special.

I too am twiddling my thumbs in the US waiting for my shipments, so don't think I'm not irritated by Wulven either. Also the sleeves issue was a UK distributor issue because they weren't sent enough. That *shouldn't* be a problem for those of us in the US since they originated in the US.
    I think you are forgetting that Wulven Promised to send us a free BOX after they failed to deliver on the bonuses. Everyone that choose the CotC box got thas one send free of charge (as promised), and they said they were gonna send the DP boosterboxes once they were finished as well.
    Then they decided to do the free box trough the store, turning it into a way to get us to pay a whopping $36 extra for a product that was supposed to be a free compensation for the bonuses they used to lure us into the preorder and couldn't deliver on. I refuse to believe its became harder and more expensive to send the DP box because there are different prints on the cards, and i don't think its fair for anyone that didn't choose to go with the CotC box instead to be treated differently than the people that did.
    If you think that it is normal for wulven to use these kind of tricks to extract more money out of the goodwill of their customers, there is something seriously different about the way we think about fairness and i have to strongly disagree with you.
    I complain about this because i care, i complain about this because i feel mistreated as a customer, and as long as the problems keep coming my way, i'll continue to complain. Would you stop complaining about stuff if the problem you are complaining about is ignored and not solved?
    If you think it's a shame to complain about ongoing problems as long as they persist, you are not very good at standing up for yourself, have fun getting walked over in real life.

I paid for the shipping of the preorder and i had no problem with that what so ever. IF i were to order a new box, i would gladly pay whatever shipping-costs come with them because they are justified, but i refuse to pay shippingcosts and a 20%VAT taxfee that is clearly wrongly calculated for a product that is supposed to be part of a product i backed and payed shippingcosts for more than a year ago.
    Of course, given that you are from the US and don't have to pay anything extra, i don't expect you to understand what it feels like to pay $36 for something you already payed for.

Also, i'm from Belgium, and while my English might not be up to american standards, I think its pretty good for a non native speaker. Sorry if it gave you headaches, i'll try to work on that in the future.

Kind regards
    Bytas
    Last edited by bytas; 02-05-2014 at 05:44 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Did they say they would cover shipping or that they would give just us a free box?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I honestly agree with him, the free box shouldn't have had shipping attached to it what so ever imo. Although, perhaps its just my being in the US, but what is a VAT Tax? I've never heard of it.

PS: There's no need to insult each other here... so let's move away from that please.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi Bytas, I can understand your frustration. But the $57 gift certificate was in compensation for the $20 value of missing free physical bonuses. Everybody got the same thing, so I won't go into that yet again.

The simple fact of the matter is that we must now collect VAT for products ordered in Europe, as well as HST for products ordered in Canada. But we also have new lower fixed shipping rates thanks to our new distributors. This is not the place to complain about high taxes.

Unfortunately our store is a global one, and we have no way to show different prices on products depending on where you live. So taxes and surcharges needed to be added afterwards. As I'm sure you're aware, the cost of a MTG booster pack for example is a lot more expensive in UK than in the USA, because it includes all the taxes in the retail price.