Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

[SF] Zaladar - Crystal Cannon

Okay, here’s the other deck I’m going to share with you today. I’m really proud of this one, it’s fun, fast and powerful.

(Props to Rivozz and Super Grover for helping me put the finishing touches on this one)

Zaladar

4 x Frostmare
    4 x Rampant Krygon
    3 x Ravager Zealot
    3 x Slingblade Demon

3 x Shadow Font
    3 x Mind Control
    4 x Shard of Power
    2 x Energy Discharge
    2 x Ley Line Nexus

4 x Bad Santa
    4 x Loom of Fate

3 x Living Armor

39 + hero

Alternate version:

-1 Slingblade
    -1 Ravager Zealot

+2 Shadowvein

Ready, Aim, Fire

Basically this deck is designed to abuse haste in conjunction with an often overlooked card, Shard of Power. Shard gives you a massive +2 attack per ally permanently for a measly 3 resources. The problem is that Shard reduces health to one, generally making anything easy prey. However with hasted allies this is a problem no longer

Your goal here is to set up Shard as quickly as possible, and from there start throwing hasted allies at your opponent’s face. You’ve got plenty of crowd control options for when your opponent builds a board presence, and Energy Discharge is gold with Frostmare when you’re outnumbered. In addition the 5 damage to you is partially counteracted by the 3 damage your buffed Frostmare will (generally) deal before you kill it.

Slingblade

The only non-haste ally in the deck, the Slingblade Demon is a utility ally, there to recycle hasted threats and send them back to your hand to “double tap” the enemy. It’s also very useful for returned a converted Living Armor to your hand to be recast as an armor (yes, this does work!).

Draw

Yeah, it’s all bilateral. The thing is it’s all controlled by you, unlike say Bazaar which hands out cards regardless. Loom is really good in the deck as well as it’s essentially a portal for Ravager Zealot. There’s enough there to keep you ticking over and allow you to prepare your hand for the Omega Strike (which is usually quite brutal )

Conclusion

I love this deck, it’s an entirely new way to play Zaladar and is one of the reasons I feel Shattered Fates is such a good set. We all crave new playstyles and Fates has delivered, this being just one example.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    From the list only, I can said that its an amazing deck
    Ive made a similar fun deck like this with Feedback.

My suggestion would be to add 1 or 2 Super Focus. Most likely ur ally wont survive opponent's turn, so the+2 always work.
    Super focus interact well with Shard of Power. ex: cast frostmare, atk, cast Rampant, -1 to Frostmare, atk.
    INDO Language Sub-Forum

[SF]Solo Nish/Loest
    Ythan Redthorn, Rush of the Twilight Deck
    Zaladar, Alpha Strike Deck
    Bloodfang, Howl of the Pack Deck

Eyes of the Phoenix
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Dragon
    Favorite SE activity: Meltdown & Deck-Building
    Favorite Card: Anklebreaker
    Favorite Hero: Majiya

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by udy View Post
    From the list only, I can said that its an amazing deck
    Ive made a similar fun deck like this with Feedback.

My suggestion would be to add 1 or 2 Super Focus. Most likely ur ally wont survive opponent's turn, so the+2 always work.
    Super focus interact well with Shard of Power. ex: cast frostmare, atk, cast Rampant, -1 to Frostmare, atk.
    On paper that's a good idea, but I think in actual play it's bad. Your most likely going to want to minimize additional setup options because your already playing with cards like Shard, SF and MC which are not typically combo cards where your still making plays for the board. I just don't see room for a conditional 4cc +2 attack
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Buqs View Post
    On paper that's a good idea, but I think in actual play it's bad. Your most likely going to want to minimize additional setup options because your already playing with cards like Shard, SF and MC which are not typically combo cards where your still making plays for the board. I just don't see room for a conditional 4cc +2 attack
    Basically what Buqs said. I want to be aggressive as soon as possible and an extra turn setup is quite painful. It also conflicts with turn 5 because instead of getting presence on T4 you're forced to do it T5, when you really want to be using a Mind Control or other control card.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice, this is just the sort of deck I'm going to use when SF goes live to farm people who are trying out cards

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i tried somthing like this before .. using all 1cc allies and santas and shard of power ... t3 shard of power always meant win
    any way , good rushy aggro deck ................ i still cant belive this 2cc ally can kill a FT lol
    IN GAME NAME : A1 Ragosonos

A1's BRUTAL MINOTAUR

Ultimately proud EX-member of A1 leadership

My famous 320+ rated builds :

rag-ajiya
    meta destruction threbin
    competitive blood fang
    zhanna control
    banebow control

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Buqs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    Basically what Buqs said. I want to be aggressive as soon as possible and an extra turn setup is quite painful. It also conflicts with turn 5 because instead of getting presence on T4 you're forced to do it T5, when you really want to be using a Mind Control or other control card.
    I agree, an extra turn setup is painful.
    That why I suggested only 1 or 2 copies of Super Focus. If its a mandatory setup then It should use max copies of SF.

With only 1 or 2 copies, u could sac it if u got it on ur opening hand, cause its optional card.

The scenario where u want to play Super Focus is:
    1. when ur opponent play crippling blow/ captured prey on 1 of ur ally.
    2. late game where u got extra resource ( I wonder what is ur resouce cap so far before game end?)
    If u have 6 resource to cast Living armor, I believe SF+Frostmare is feasible
    After that T5 SF+Frostmare, ur cannon deal additional 2 dmg for every atk.
    3. nothing else appopriate to cast
    4. not drawing Shard of Power or it was destroyed (prop to Flying Ferrari for this )

Well, thats my 2 cent, I havent tried it yet. But this Zaladar Crystal Canon surely 1 of the deck I would try ASAP looks fun!
    Last edited by udy; 02-03-2014 at 07:39 AM. Reason: add a point taken from Fying Ferrari post below :p
    INDO Language Sub-Forum

[SF]Solo Nish/Loest
    Ythan Redthorn, Rush of the Twilight Deck
    Zaladar, Alpha Strike Deck
    Bloodfang, Howl of the Pack Deck

Eyes of the Phoenix
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Dragon
    Favorite SE activity: Meltdown & Deck-Building
    Favorite Card: Anklebreaker
    Favorite Hero: Majiya

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I run at least recommend 1x Super Focus because 4x Shard won't be enough as it can be destroyed by the opponent or you simply don't draw it, making the count up to pseudo 5x.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks ridiculously strong. Seems to play like a faster version of Hasted Boris but i cant really tell without trying it out. Hows your playstyle? Do you throw everything out like Elad Rush or is it more like Hasted Boris where you setup and control in the early game and that haste out the allies with Shard in mid game? I think ill use this as my ladder climbing deck once SF is out
    IGN: A1 ShadowBeast

I'm interested in seeing how you plan to kill a shadow

MY COTC DECKS
    Nishaven Hybrid

MY DP DECKS
    FT Trollers #1 Baduruu Shutdown

Ter Stripper

Serena the Card Sharp

A1:Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Fair points about Super Focus. I'll throw one in and see how it goes consistency wise.