Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

New Player here :-)

I've been playing for a couple days now. And I have to say this game is amazing in every way a card game can go. Built up to 600 Shadow Crystals from offers and bought 5 decks and a booster pack. Overall I like the way the game works and especially like buying cards from the merchant. But I have a few questions:

Are there any noob-friendly guilds out there?
    Based on my deck below, what kind of cards should I look for?

And here's my deck, bought the Shadow Mage, Shadow Wulven, Shadow Hunter, Shadow Elementals (decided to use these guys), and Human rogue decks. And I have 1000 gold to spend on 1-2 copies of a useful card.

Elementalis
    4xDeathbone
    3xKeldor
    3xInfernal Gargoyle
    3xBrutalis
    4xPlasma Golem
    2xFire Snake
    2xBelladonna
    2xConversion
    2xSoul Reaper
    2xSpark
    2xTransference
    1xFeedback
    2xShard of Power
    2xLife Infusion
    1xEternal Renewal
    2xRain Delay
    2xDome of Energy
    1xMagma Jackal

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome to the forums =]

You can check the links on my signature. Specifically, "Helpful Links"then you can check Raph's $19.99 guide for new players.

There are many noob friendly guilds. For one, Warriors of the Blue Phoenix have many members ranging from new players to tourney players. WotBP.proboards.com for our forums. Or feel free to PM me if u have any questions =]

Again, welcome to the Fantabulous world of SE Community
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome to the forum.
    PROUD MEMBER OF E2E (ENLISTED TO ENDURE)

http://enlistedtoendure.com/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey! Welcome to the forums. And I would try to find an elementals deck you like in the strategy section and start buying cards to complete that deck, if that's the route you want to go.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cy1101 View Post
    I've been playing for a couple days now. And I have to say this game is amazing in every way a card game can go. Built up to 600 Shadow Crystals from offers and bought 5 decks and a booster pack. Overall I like the way the game works and especially like buying cards from the merchant. But I have a few questions:

Are there any noob-friendly guilds out there?
    Based on my deck below, what kind of cards should I look for?

And here's my deck, bought the Shadow Mage, Shadow Wulven, Shadow Hunter, Shadow Elementals (decided to use these guys), and Human rogue decks. And I have 1000 gold to spend on 1-2 copies of a useful card.

Elementalis
    4xDeathbone
    3xKeldor
    3xInfernal Gargoyle
    3xBrutalis
    4xPlasma Golem
    2xFire Snake
    2xBelladonna
    2xConversion
    2xSoul Reaper
    2xSpark
    2xTransference
    1xFeedback
    2xShard of Power
    2xLife Infusion
    1xEternal Renewal
    2xRain Delay
    2xDome of Energy
    1xMagma Jackal
    (I am the raph as suggested)

to add to Joey's suggestion: I would highly suggest that if you have limited gold: focus on shadow. (or more specifically, on 1 fac tion, either shadow or human)

This is because if you spent on both humans and shadows, you won't have enough gold to buy good cards for both. Some cards are 'pricey'. Much better to focus on 1 faction, in fact, much better to focus on 1 class, i.e. elementals (Zaladar and elementalis)

My recommendation? Just go with Joey's suggestion and buy $19.99 worth of Crystals: it's bulk purchase and you get a lot of 'free' crystals. And you get to experience the full game. Highly recommended.

You can view great decks from links in my sig. Start with the beginner decks first and work your way up.

Enjoy the game, dude.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hey!
    As said before me, you have a lot of good links for beginners decks, and you should focus on 2 to 3 heroes from the same faction or same class to make the best from the cards u already have.
    You can also read an introduction article that is in my blog ( link under my avatar)
    Best of luck
    Proud member of A1 - Alliance One
    There are three kinds of men:
    The living, the dead and those who go to the Sea!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome to the forum and shadow era!

Not in a guild, but the biggest tip to deck improvement at the start is to add some way to draw more cards! When players start out, it's really easy to focus on the big cards that have great effects (I know I did!) but the probably some of the cheapest and best cards to buy are the cheap common rarity draw cards (like Tome of Knowledge or Blood Frenzy) for each class.

If you are planning on playing Elementals for a bit I would say getting some Antimatter is a good idea. If you are planning to mainly play Shadow, Sacrificial Lamb is a good general pick-up as well. When you play think about what cards to sacrifice (if any), and when is the right time to spend resources drawing vs putting stuff on the board.

Some of your cards are better than others, but starting out I think it's good to play around with what you have to see what the strengths and weaknesses are.
    Last edited by Bactrian; 02-02-2014 at 10:19 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thx for the deck links Raph, and thx to everyone else who pitched in some advice I'll put it to good use. And Joey I'll PM you since WoTBP seems like a nice guild for me.

And since I'm gonna be focusing on Shadow for a while, should I just sell my Human allies and abilities for gold?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome to the game and forums