Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have not built Skervox but if I did, I do not think I would use Poison Arrow. Net Trap perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by maskee View Post
    I am testing Victor a lot, so curious about the trick you speak about. Can you point me to some game? (If its not T3 Zailen Crusader, T4 Deepwood Bobcat + Raven's Gambit on oponent t3) thx
    The 2 tricks referenced Rothem, I think the Victor is known since I ran into a few each day over 2-3 days.
    There are times I'll make up words and slip them into conversations just to see if anyone is actually protempifying to what I'm saying. - I'm not normal

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've spent a good chunk of time working on a Ythan deck, more recently I've turned my attention to Skervox, going with something of a 'wild hunt', undead theme.

I've only had a chance for one competitive match so far and I lost to Portal Majiya . I was able to keep things on a even keel for most of the match, basically trading blows (and allies) but eventually I lost board control. Now I'm looking to remove some of the more fanciful cards from my deck. So far I've been able to find a bit more synergy with Skervox compared to Ythan (who I've found to be pretty good, but inconsistent). My major concern so far is dealing with solo decks and finding a use for shadow energy if allies don't turn up.

I guess Net Trap is useful if it shows up early game, otherwise there are better options.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fionn Maccumhail View Post
    What was your deck with him?
    something like that.

Skervox

3 Death Mage thadeus
    3 Shadow knight
    2 poisen arrow
    4 shadow fond
    2 sac lamb
    2 bad santa
    4 karash
    3 morbit acolyte
    4 furion terror
    4 bounty hunter
    2 bloodthirsty
    2 slingblade demon
    2 ravens gambit
    2 shriek of revplution
    “Let’s show Kira…that the good guys always win.”
    The L of A1 - Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Any thoughts on using ravens gambit? I have been using four of them alongside bounty hunter, but it doesn't seem to be much use for Skervox. Sacrificial lamb is starting to look like a far better option to me?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I played Skervox a bit, mainly to test many new cards. Here is the deck I play with (but unfortunately I did not reach a rating of higher than 150).

1x Skervox
    3x Infernal Gargoyle
    3x Death Mage Thaddeus
    4x Net Trap
    1x Shriek of Vengeance
    1x Acid Jet
    1x Ley Line Nexus
    4x Frostmare
    4x Rampant Krygon
    3x Grimghast
    2x Grimjaw Hydra
    2x Flameborn Defiler
    2x Falseblood Cultist
    2x Pack an Extra
    2x Raven's Gambit
    2x Mark of the Feared
    4x Weevil-tipped Crossbow

41 cards plus hero

The strong points of the deck seem to be ally control. Several hasted allies plus Skervox's ability (in combination with Net Trap) can deal with many board situations.

The weak points of the deck seem to be card draw and item destruction.
    Cards for card draw are: Ley Line Nexus, Falseblood Cultist, Pack an Extra, Raven's Gambit
    Cards for item destruction are: Shriek of Vengeance, Acid Jet, Ley Line Nexus, Weevil-tipped Crossbow
    But it seems that these are not enough.

This deck still needs a lot of tweaking to be competitive.

Possibly I should substitute the Mark of the Feared for 2 more Raven's Gambit, but I do like Mark of the Feared for dealing with fatties. Raven's Gambit is situational card draw. Would be good to be able to attach it also to a friendly ally.

Pack an Extra is highly situational, so I would need more weapons (e.g. Soul Seeker) in the deck.

Bounty Hunter may be useful - given it's played in early game. Then I could save cards in mid game to compensate for the lacking card draw. But I found that Bounty Hunter is a great tempo loss in early game (and not that important in late game). Mostly I find it better to play Net Trap. In this regard, probably Sacrificial Lamb (instead of Bounty Hunter) would be a better addition (for mid to late game to take advantage of disabled allies).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by the_MUKe View Post
    I played Skervox a bit, mainly to test many new cards. Here is the deck I play with (but unfortunately I did not reach a rating of higher than 150).

1x Skervox
    3x Infernal Gargoyle
    3x Death Mage Thaddeus
    4x Net Trap
    1x Shriek of Vengeance
    1x Acid Jet
    1x Ley Line Nexus
    4x Frostmare
    4x Rampant Krygon
    3x Grimghast
    2x Grimjaw Hydra
    2x Flameborn Defiler
    2x Falseblood Cultist
    2x Pack an Extra
    2x Raven's Gambit
    2x Mark of the Feared
    4x Weevil-tipped Crossbow

41 cards plus hero

Bounty Hunter may be useful - given it's played in early game. Then I could save cards in mid game to compensate for the lacking card draw. But I found that Bounty Hunter is a great tempo loss in early game (and not that important in late game). Mostly I find it better to play Net Trap. In this regard, probably Sacrificial Lamb (instead of Bounty Hunter) would be a better addition (for mid to late game to take advantage of disabled allies).
    Bounty hunter is tooo good to pass up. Besides u have skervox ability +FT to regain board so the early tempo loss can be balanced out.
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo3yb0i View Post
    Bounty hunter is tooo good to pass up. Besides u have skervox ability +FT to regain board so the early tempo loss can be balanced out.
    I second this
    GMT +13
    IGN: Exterminans
    Champion of Shadow Era for New Zealand
    Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdrJmXzISs