Close

View Poll Results: Is there any artwork that isn't up to scatch and shouldn't make it past beta?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tala Pureheart

25 38.46%
  • Aramia

34 52.31%
  • Ythan Redthorn

12 18.46%
  • Threbin the Righteous

5 7.69%
  • Garth Ravensoul

24 36.92%
  • All artwork is at an excellent standard

7 10.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    First off, ythan redthorn's character model looks promising. Now if you would just get a PIC with a better view of his face and that ferouciouce best then he would be perfect.

Garth on the other hand looks like a cosplaying Nina gaiden wannabe.. (Sorry artist) as a new hero It's very important to see what or hero's awsone mug looks like and it would be nice to have a better view of all his tools.

Threbins small face looks goofy

Tala looks fine, maybe zoom out a little and loose some armour and then perfect.

Lastly, Boobalicious aramia looks fantastic..don't get me wrong the old aramia looked cute but,she definitely has more presence then the original.
    Last edited by geo2net; 01-29-2014 at 05:29 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Aramia: I liked the old one, but the new one is cool too. Just wonder what the reason for the change was, but I'm fine with either art. One thing I did notice is that now all human heroes, with the exception of Loest, are done by the same artist, which with old Aramia wasn't the case. Don't know if that had anything to do with it, but I did notice it.

Tala: Some weird things about it, mainly her face for me. But I like the style and overall look. Plus from what Wulven said on Facebook, this is apparently still a draft of said art, so there can be improvements made to it before the final release.

Ythan: Cool enough looking. Nothing super glaringly off about it like there is with Tala. The one kinda humorous thing about that I find is his hair, which to me kinda looks like the hair of Bakura from Yugioh.

Threbin: Really cool looking. Only problem is his face. It's not super apparent unless viewed closely, but he does have a rather goofy expression. Someone also said in another thread about his art that his hammer looked too far back to actually be resting on his shoulder, which I see, but it doesn't bother me terribly, just thought I'd point it out if the DT didn't realize and wants that fixed.

Garth: Plain ugly. Forget the nerf to him, look at his art. First of all, very non-rogue in appearance as others have said, especially that helmet. Second, at least make his ability do 1 poison damage if you are going to keep his ability this way, otherwise that green coming off the dagger doesn't make sense. I know the probably commissioned the art or whatever long before the ability change, but still seems they could've thought of this when making the ability change. Also, his face is ugly. I don't like his weird mustache and beard thing at all. Also, why no ravens on it? His name is Ravensoul after all, so I was expecting some spirit raven to be behind him (I don't care what Gondorian says about his favorite musical genres being rave and soul, he needs ravens).

I'll also add in two other cards that were not in the poll, but did get arts:

Splicer's Crown: Looks good. At first though I was focused on the creature in the center and wondering where his crown was, then I realized the guy in front has the crown.

Deepwood Bobcat: Not exactly what I was picturing, but then again I was kinda picturing more of a jaguar or leopard than a bobcat, lol. Looks good enough though. Also, the woman with the bobcat looks like Wendith.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Tala Pureheart looks bad ... Really disappointed

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like the old Aramia more than the new. I also think that the art for Ythan is too small for a hero. It would work better as an ability or ally card, a hero needs to stand out on the card and not be hidden by the background.
    Tenacious Defender of Prana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm also really sad about the new Aramia art...when did all these artworks drop?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Tala and garth look awkward.
    Ythan looks ally-like.
    Aramia looks cheap...
    Threbin is passable.

To be honest i dont like any of these card arts. I dont think the style of this artist fits shadow era.
    PK Love

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I actually dont mind or I even like all the art, except for Tala Pureheart.

Tala does not look good enough for Shadow Era, the face does not look like it belongs on that body. And what is with the Horns? Really horns?

I prefer the new Aramia to the old but the old one would have been fine with me.

Funny thing is I remember when the original art for Aramia came out and there seemed to be a huge "Not good enough, or Does not look like a Hero..." and now there seems to be a backlash now that it is changed (for the better IMO).
    Proud Member of ETC Guild!
    Enjoying The Camaraderie

IGN: ETC SuperGrover

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes dump the new weird looking Aramia and bring back the old one! The old one looked like a humble descent woman with hidden powers, the new one looks like a witch!

Tala needs her hand fixed and yea the face thing.

Ythan looks really dope to me.

Garth is probably the baddest looking hero in the game, very nice!

Threbin needs beaming light in his eyes!
    Last edited by Capo 9; 01-29-2014 at 10:04 PM.
    "Corruption of the soul is a fate that befalls the weak."

{IGN} Capo 9~ Enlisted{2}Endure {E2E}

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What the hell. The previous Aramia was amazing. It's a good thing I saved the previous art
    IGN: TJ Scout
    Telegram: @shubham1309

"Scout is a hacker we should report him" - SK Trinolcour

Team Juggernauts Recruitment Thread

Link to TJ forum
    IRC

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ythan, Threbin =Awesomeness
    Garth not so sure
    Tala, nice art, but fix the damn head
    IGN: TJ Scout