Close

View Poll Results: Is there any artwork that isn't up to scatch and shouldn't make it past beta?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tala Pureheart

25 38.46%
  • Aramia

34 52.31%
  • Ythan Redthorn

12 18.46%
  • Threbin the Righteous

5 7.69%
  • Garth Ravensoul

24 36.92%
  • All artwork is at an excellent standard

7 10.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dranjo View Post
    Speaking for the SE community here: Please bring back old Aramia!!!

+1000

Completely agree. I preffer old Aramia

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hero art is pretty good for my taste. Only one I really dislike is Garth. Aramia was ok but looks even better. I am not sure if these are final pictures because I ve noticed they are not really lined up nicely. For example Ythan and Threbin head is too close to the upper border. They also need a little more close up in order to look bigger like a hero not like an ally. I also noticed that the colors are a little on the light side compared to the DP.
    Nerull7 - Backhand of Justice
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Nerull7 | Our Guild | Watch Epic BP Games: | 1 | 2 | 3 |
    Talk less crap, do more for community

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, I've spent some time looking at the art once more! I've always liked fantasy art a lot and to be honest one of the main reasons I took up this game was initialy because of the artwork!

Right now I'm not all wuhuuu like I was when the alt heroes were launched pre DP and I know I've just posted this but I'll post it again! The artwork of Tala and Garth really needs to be redone! The old Aramia was way better than the new one and Threbin have some face issues because what should be the most clear part of the image is currently the last thing you focus on. But leave that be for now...

ATM the art of particular Tala and Farting-Garth is not worthy a hero card of Shadow Era. A game that until now have had some really great artwork. (Give and take a few)

Wulven shouldn't take the artwork lightly. The cards were designed for stunning images. Look at the composition of the card in contrast to say MtG cards. SE cards have a much lager area for artwork and this shouldn't be filled with bad art! Especially not a hero card! No one wants to play with ugly cards. Well, I dont!

Anyway SE is a low bugdet TCG, I understand this. They can't afford to pay for top of pop artists but there's really no reason for lowering the bar! If new blood artists are not up for the task and can't deliever some quality work there's no shame in using artists who have already proven themselves in the previous sets.

The money for the kickstarter should be used to some extend because this is very much a visual game as much as a strategic game. My point is that the visual side of the game is just as important as keeping the game balanced!

Phew, that's it! Feel much better now And to make it clear. This is good critisme on my behalf. I really like this game and want the best for it! I want Shadow Era to succeed ( with stunning art of course )
    Best Regards,

Bobbypim
    [ Warwizard of the Jutland Plains ]

Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn
    ( Read about my guild )

IGN: BP Bobbypim

Card designs:
    Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Heroes Rising | Coming of Dragons
    Trackers of Night | Keystones

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    One thing I don't get why Garth is like a bloody ninja. It makes no sense given the setting unless a certain part of Balor lorewise that has yet to be revealed has a Far Eastern theme.

I pictured him to be more on the style of rogue as Lance or Serena.

Ythan I think might be the guy on Pride of the Mountain. I know different artists, so it might be just a coincidence they look so similar.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

plo
    So here`s my thought on the new art

Tala Pureheart
    Not very bad, it is relatively good, but not good enough to be put into a Hero card.

Aramia
    She gives the idea ``hot and sexy doll playing with fire-work``. Isn`t it too much Male Chalvinist to be put in a game with a broad audience, there are women playing the game as wel.
    Quote Originally Posted by dranjo View Post
    Speaking for the SE community here: Please bring back old Aramia!!!
    Ythan Redthorn
    This is what true art is all about, I really love this one and would say it is one of the best art in the entire game.

Threbin the Righteous
    This art is good enough.

Garth Ravensoul
    I do like this art a lot, not as much as I like Ythan, but it is more than worthy being put in a hero card. It might not fit the lore at the moment since We don`t have Eastern elements in it, but Nachyo can definitely find a solution to this.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thinking about it, Ythan looks a bit too ally in terms of artwork and not good enough for a Hero.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    One vote more for the old Aramia art!

She was the cute girl from the next door I wanted to date, but changed into a boring blonde silicon front page celebrity I'm not interested in at all :-)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowstalker View Post
    One vote more for the old Aramia art!

She was the cute girl from the next door I wanted to date, but changed into a boring blonde silicon front page celebrity I'm not interested in at all :-)
    nothing more to say
    "... how we survive, is what makes us who we are..."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    By low cost, Finding available artworks and/or artists fitting shadowera seems very hard work so we may accept even if artworks won't satisfy us enough... There are still 150 around cards with empty artworks.:/
    it is okay for me as long as they looks arts.
    Btw, I like these hero artworks very much
    Curious about shadow heroes...
    Biasair - The rapid sharpshooter of A1
    Evolution in Theory

Blog | Deck Builder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So clearly Ryu Hayabusa infiltrated Shadow Era. That's pretty impressive.