Close

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    Nah

She needs more discard tools.
    Between Lyra the new weapon and her attachment she might be able to be a counter to slow control decks, this is a uneducated guess so dont take it too seriously.
    Expect the Unexpected! - TJ´s worst writer.

For the player I am now, I would like to thank:

Busti: For always chatting and helping me out.
    Bluejet24: For giving me the chance to join TJ when I was just a noob.
    Raphael Majere: For simply being the best in every way possible.

IGN: TJ PaleStitch

Formerly known as Barcafan.

I am a avid streamer, come check it out! www.twitch.tv/palestitch

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Palestitch View Post
    Between Lyra the new weapon and her attachment she might be able to be a counter to slow control decks, this is a uneducated guess so dont take it too seriously.
    Yay Payday that forces you to make your opponent draw cards in order to be effective.

That completely kills the purpose of any non-precision discard ever.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    Yay Payday that forces you to make your opponent draw cards in order to be effective.

That completely kills the purpose of any non-precision discard ever.
    No I meant Elicit information, but you probably are right.
    Expect the Unexpected! - TJ´s worst writer.

For the player I am now, I would like to thank:

Busti: For always chatting and helping me out.
    Bluejet24: For giving me the chance to join TJ when I was just a noob.
    Raphael Majere: For simply being the best in every way possible.

IGN: TJ PaleStitch

Formerly known as Barcafan.

I am a avid streamer, come check it out! www.twitch.tv/palestitch

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Palestitch View Post
    No I meant Elicit information, but you probably are right.
    Well yeah but for that you need for somebody to discard cards lol. That's what's lacking

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would consider changing Vozitian Trader into something like this:

4CC 1/4
    Steadfast. When Vozitian Trader is summoned, target weapon you control is returned to your hand and target other* weapon in your hand is put in play at no cost.

*By other weapon I mean a different one: you can't retreat an Anklebreaker and summon another one.

Being an ally with steadfast it can't be returned in your hand cheaply with retreat or Road Less Traveled (athough I'm not sure if allies with steadfast can be targeted by Vozitian Orders) and with 1 attack he's more useful in a Serena weapon heavy deck than with other rogues.

It could be used to change the weapons in play to respond to different threats and as of now Vozitian Trader is almost useless anyway.

Edit: and yeah, sorry for hijacking the thread, but as a rogue player I have no issues with the nerf to Sword Thief attack :P
    Last edited by Cassio; 01-30-2014 at 11:14 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassio View Post
    I would consider changing Vozitian Trader into something like this:

4CC 1/4
    Steadfast. When Vozitian Trader is summoned, target weapon you control is returned to your hand and target other* weapon in your hand is put in play at no cost.

*By other weapon I mean a different one: you can't retreat an Anklebreaker and summon another one.

Being an ally with steadfast it can't be returned in your hand cheaply with retreat or Road Less Traveled (athough I'm not sure if allies with steadfast can be targeted by Vozitian Orders) and with 1 attack he's more useful in a Serena weapon heavy deck than with other rogues.

It could be used to change the weapons in play to respond to different threats and as of now Vozitian Trader is almost useless anyway.

Edit: and yeah, sorry for hijacking the thread, but as a rogue player I have no issues with the nerf to Sword Thief attack :P
    Vozitian Trader:
    4CC 1/4
    Steadfast.
    0: If you summoned an item this turn, target other friendly item is returned to your hand.
    INDO Language Sub-Forum

[SF]Solo Nish/Loest
    Ythan Redthorn, Rush of the Twilight Deck
    Zaladar, Alpha Strike Deck
    Bloodfang, Howl of the Pack Deck

Eyes of the Phoenix
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Dragon
    Favorite SE activity: Meltdown & Deck-Building
    Favorite Card: Anklebreaker
    Favorite Hero: Majiya

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    how about making is so if you kill whoever sword thief disables on that turn, that you gain 1 resource and if you fail to kill that ally, you lose 1 resource - sword theif has to steal from SOMEBODY

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinkles View Post
    how about making is so if you kill whoever sword thief disables on that turn, that you gain 1 resource and if you fail to kill that ally, you lose 1 resource - sword theif has to steal from SOMEBODY
    He steals opponents weapons making him unable to defend/attack for one turn.
    "Sword" thief.
    At least in that it's pretty consistent, we gotta give DT this one.
    (Even if now one may wonder how in the world he could steal opponent's claws, but in a game where ranged weapons are defended by melee ones everything is possible, I guess )

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleHBK View Post
    He steals opponents weapons making him unable to defend/attack for one turn.
    "Sword" thief.
    At least in that it's pretty consistent, we gotta give DT this one.
    (Even if now one may wonder how in the world he could steal opponent's claws, but in a game where ranged weapons are defended by melee ones everything is possible, I guess )
    Including pulling out spare weapons out of their asses (after the one turn) while heroes need to use a massive amount of resources to do the same. Not to mention some classes being stupid enough to not being able to do that.

In WoW TCG, ranged damage presented damage dealt by a ranged weapon, not the range between attacker and defender. There was an additional keyword for that called Long Range (Defender doesn't deal combat damage to the attacker).

The stupidest thing is, most SE allies/weapons that have this are melee. Go figure.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by danae View Post
    Sword Thief was pretty much a 4x auto-include for all rogue decks. In my opinion, that means he needed balancing.
    I have yet to see a warrior build NOT using Yari Marksman. The condition is VERY easy to obtain, even if your opponent is trying to play around it by only playing 2 allies. Warriors can use multiple CB and swarm the board themselves. But then Yari Marksman can one-shot kill any ally in the game AND sit on the board at 4 attack. I am all for strong cards, but let's not nerf some and overlook the others (either keep many strong cards or "balance" them all)...if the reason for a nerf is because a card is being included in all decks that can carry it, then Yari Marksman needs looking into.
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn