Close

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

sword thief - Great Job!

You ruined Sword Thief. Now he is just a shittier version of Layarian Seductress. I'll never put him in a deck over her now. that's cool, because warriors keep getting awesome powerful class allies. Way to continue to shit on rogue as a class - all their useful class specific allies are weak as shit with 2 - 3 health so yea this attack nerf was really needed. Any rogue deck using mostly rogue allies is completely wrecked by any deck that has furrion terror and dmt. sad. you should nerf garths concoction to no poison too because he doesn't do the poison thing now. by the way, Garth's art is freaking terrible. /rant

CotC Sealed Deck Champion busti's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Jeez so much hate on those balance change. This card was freaking broken, a seductress on steroid. And it is still usable because rogues cant efficiently use seductress due to ressource acceleration. Moreover i consider rogues the best class in SF and lance the second best hero in DP, so i dont know where the collective thought of 'rogues are weak' are coming from?
    A1 alliance - Evolution in theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by busti View Post
    Jeez so much hate on those balance change. This card was freaking broken, a seductress on steroid. And it is still usable because rogues cant efficiently use seductress due to ressource acceleration. Moreover i consider rogues the best class in SF and lance the second best hero in DP, so i dont know where the collective thought of 'rogues are weak' are coming from?
    Agreed. I think the Garth nerf is a bigger deal than the Sword Thief nerf.

Sword Thief is fine now but I wouldn't be so sure about the hero. I agree that he was a bit on the strong side but that nerf is a bit big. I don't play Rogues (nor do I want to) so I don't know.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    Agreed. I think the Garth nerf is a bigger deal than the Sword Thief nerf.

Sword Thief is fine now but I wouldn't be so sure about the hero. I agree that he was a bit on the strong side but that nerf is a bit big. I don't play Rogues (nor do I want to) so I don't know.
    Don't bother with them now...play elementals or mages (direct damage by elementals and mages are way more powerful than nerfed rogues anwyay)
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have never bothered playing Rogues

I tried playing Lance a way back when he was good and christ it's probably the best sleeping drug there is.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by busti View Post
    Really Busti? Broken? Not at all. Yes he was a bit stronger than LS, but he was restricted to the Rogue class. Therefore, he should be stronger. LS is available to every human hero. There is a big difference. There was absolutely NO REASON to nerf Sword Thief.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by xGuardian Angelx View Post
    Really Busti? Broken? Not at all. Yes he was a bit stronger than LS, but he was restricted to the Rogue class. Therefore, he should be stronger. LS is available to every human hero. There is a big difference. There was absolutely NO REASON to nerf Sword Thief.
    Now they have zero good rogue class allies in SF, but it doesn't matter after the Garth nerf because warriors, elementals, and mages are the way to go.
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Greatness, Reborn

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) 3rd Place Maximont's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Layarian Seductress is a good card. It says something about the strength of the (pre-nerf) sword thief that it was such a no-brainer to pick him over LS.

After the nerf - I'd have to think carefully about which one to put in, so straight away that feels more balanced (sorry shadowmann )
    Maximont - Seeker of Truth
    Knight of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    play both! :-)

on a serious note though, remember that LS has a restriction to her ability while Sword Thief does not, so there is still a reason to choose one over the other
    Currently a finalist in the WULVEN APPRENTICE and will happily take any support I can get from you guys

PFG Member

Shadow Era Champion for Orlando/Sanford Florida!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximont View Post
    Layarian Seductress is a good card. It says something about the strength of the (pre-nerf) sword thief that it was such a no-brainer to pick him over LS.

After the nerf - I'd have to think carefully about which one to put in, so straight away that feels more balanced (sorry shadowmann )
    Sword Thief being a weak class-specific ally was my point. That nerf doesn't bother me as much as making a new hero so weak.
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Greatness, Reborn