Close

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Mann View Post
    I have yet to see a warrior build NOT using Yari Marksman. The condition is VERY easy to obtain, even if your opponent is trying to play around it by only playing 2 allies. Warriors can use multiple CB and swarm the board themselves. But then Yari Marksman can one-shot kill any ally in the game AND sit on the board at 4 attack. I am all for strong cards, but let's not nerf some and overlook the others (either keep many strong cards or "balance" them all)...if the reason for a nerf is because a card is being included in all decks that can carry it, then Yari Marksman needs looking into.
    I dunno, I'm thinking about reducing the number of Yari Marksman to 1 in the only Warrior deck I currently play. Right now I'm stuck with it though (deck lock).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    Including pulling out spare weapons out of their asses (after the one turn) while heroes need to use a massive amount of resources to do the same. Not to mention some classes being stupid enough to not being able to do that.

In WoW TCG, ranged damage presented damage dealt by a ranged weapon, not the range between attacker and defender. There was an additional keyword for that called Long Range (Defender doesn't deal combat damage to the attacker).

The stupidest thing is, most SE allies/weapons that have this are melee. Go figure.
    I've always thought of sword thief as a gentleman thief:
    "Sorry I took your weapons, here: take them back".
    Gentleman or stupid, either works.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Peithoson View Post
    Not really, the main thing here is that the nerf to Thief keeps him from being ridiculous (when in combination with the substantial Rogue package. I honestly haven't seen any issue with including both Thief and Seductress in the same deck. All the "Sword Thief should have X" is really saying is that it is a silly issue to get worked up over. Just thank God that he isn't the "juiced" Green Knight.
    Peith, the guy said to make him a 4/4 with steadfast. That's when it stops being a legitimate discussion.

I still strongly believe ST should remain a 3/3. Hopefully DT will see this and change it back before the full release on live server. Garth needed the nerf, not ST.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets View Post
    You ruined Sword Thief. Now he is just a shittier version of Layarian Seductress. I'll never put him in a deck over her now. that's cool, because warriors keep getting awesome powerful class allies. Way to continue to shit on rogue as a class - all their useful class specific allies are weak as shit with 2 - 3 health so yea this attack nerf was really needed. Any rogue deck using mostly rogue allies is completely wrecked by any deck that has furrion terror and dmt. sad. you should nerf garths concoction to no poison too because he doesn't do the poison thing now. by the way, Garth's art is freaking terrible. /rant
    I love this post, Jets. It's one of the post that actuslly makes sense in this thread.

I haven't seen you post anything else, though.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have yet to see a warrior build NOT using Yari Marksman. The condition is VERY easy to obtain, even if your opponent is trying to play around it by only playing 2 allies. Warriors can use multiple CB and swarm the board themselves. But then Yari Marksman can one-shot kill any ally in the game AND sit on the board at 4 attack. I am all for strong cards, but let's not nerf some and overlook the others (either keep many strong cards or "balance" them all)...if the reason for a nerf is because a card is being included in all decks that can carry it, then Yari Marksman needs looking into.
    What about making it like Artful Squire? But instead make its stats like 2/5 or 4/3?
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Anyone whining about Garth should see Greymousers game history :O
    Although he got lucky vs me as I disconnected so count that one out

Before getting all loud that hero became unplayable how about actually trying it out for yourselves? There is a line where theorycrafting should make room for some actual games being played.
    Last edited by Veles; 01-30-2014 at 05:17 PM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikola D View Post
    Anyone whining about Garth should see Greymousers game history :O
    Although he got lucky vs me as I disconnected so count that one out

Before getting all loud that hero became unplayable how about actually trying it out for yourselves? There is a line where theorycrafting should make room for some actual games being played.
    Trying it out helps some in beta, but the top CotC heroes aren't really being used either (at least not much as I have yet to run into any)...so seeming strong vs weaker CotC heroes being tested with the new cards isn't a good measure of the strength of a hero.
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by xGuardian Angelx View Post
    I love this post, Jets. It's one of the post that actuslly makes sense in this thread.

I haven't seen you post anything else, though.
    The last update made me rant because rogues got hit hard; all my favorite new cards got nerfed (thief, construct, garth). I only bitched about sword theif because I think he did not warrant a nerf. Meanwhile, Amber is even more powerful than before with new toys like marksman. I've been following the discussion and it's an interesting one. Rogues are my favorite and I want them to be powerful so obviously I am biased. I don't envision thief changing now but I really hope they rework Garth to make his ability poison related again because right now he lost all his swag.
    Last edited by Jets; 01-30-2014 at 05:39 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets View Post
    The last update made me rant because rogues got hit hard; all my favorite new cards got nerfed (thief, construct, garth). I only bitched about sword theif because I think he did not warrant a nerf. Meanwhile, Amber is even more powerful than before with new toys like marksman. I've been following the discussion and it's an interesting one. Rogues are my favorite and I want them to be powerful so obviously I am biased. I don't envision thief changing now but I really hope they rework Garth to make his ability poison related again because right now he lost all his swag.
    Completely agree with you, man.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I said 4x. I've dropped Yari Marksman to 2 in my warrior decks with the exception of Vess where he remains at 3.