Close

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    To offer something a little more constructive than simply 'art x is better than art y',

I'd make a comparison to Gwenneth's original art which IHMO is one of the best hero arts (while still presenting a pretty lady for those that care). The background doesn't distract from the image, in fact the colours compliment her character being a hunter. There's a sense of motion to the image, and her expression is one of focus and maturity. Your eyes are drawn to her face and the tip of her bow.

This new Aramia art, while detailed, is not as well balanced. To be frank it looks like the sort of thing I'd find as filler in a role playing rulebook. Her expression is vacuous and squashed between two distracting magical explosions, her whole figure just gets lost in the image. I preferred the older work because it was more unique compared to the standard grandiose fair of other mages, perhaps reflecting her unique ability. And she stood dominant in the image, caught in a moment of action rather than posing like a model. End of the day each to his own, we can't all like the same thing, but I hope if they stick with the current image they at least modify it so the character stands out better.

I generally love all the art in shadow era, but the heros in this expansion leave a little to be desired. There's not as much consistency to the style so far. IMO the best are Loest and Rothem. For me, Rothem in particular conjures up images of Sauron laying the smack down on men and elves.

If nothing else this discussion re-iterates how important art is in a CCG.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kross View Post
    as if Wulven just grabbed a shopping cart and went to Deviant Art to splurge
    That's exactly what Wulven is doing , many card artworks in SE are fan arts ( Blessed Protection , Morbid Acolyte , Bloodthristy .. etc .. , and i remember seeing the artist who made Agent Rex's art said that it's actually a fan art of a character in a novel )

They only have the Trias Digital guys to do SE-exclusive artworks
    Last edited by ipoop245; 01-31-2014 at 08:52 PM.
    It's always good to go back to your previous achievement and realize how mediocre it was , because it means that you have improved a lot since that time

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ipoop245 View Post
    That's exactly what Wulven is doing , many card artworks in SE are fan arts ( Blessed Protection , Morbid Acolyte , Bloodthristy .. etc .. , and i remember seeing the artist who made Agent Rex's art said that it's actually a fan art of a character in a novel )

Whatever, I guess.. its pretty much pointless to express concerns about the art anymore. I'm just going to keep continuing to play and back preorders because I love the game. Its just a shame because I want to see SE make it to the big leagues. But unfortunately, somewhere, there is someone with a little league mindset, which leads to little league decisions (like these deviant arts that make no sense), which will lead to a forever little league game. Its been what, five years since this game came out? If thats what Wulven intends for SE to be, (forever underground and anti-mainstream), then hey, full speed ahead. Like I said, I'll keep playing (and probably paying) regardless.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just my 2 cents. The old Aramia art is better.
    Love always looks for the best, never looks back, and keeps going until the end. Love is not self seeking. Love doesn't keep track of others wrongs. Love is patient and kind; isn't proud or rude; not easily angered; does not delight in evil; always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. All who learn from the Father come to ___.

Love rejoices in the truth.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ipoop245 View Post

Remember the old Battle Harden artwork abd Diaboli III thing?
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kross View Post
    Whatever, I guess.. its pretty much pointless to express concerns about the art anymore. I'm just going to keep continuing to play and back preorders because I love the game. Its just a shame because I want to see SE make it to the big leagues. But unfortunately, somewhere, there is someone with a little league mindset, which leads to little league decisions (like these deviant arts that make no sense), which will lead to a forever little league game. Its been what, five years since this game came out? If thats what Wulven intends for SE to be, (forever underground and anti-mainstream), then hey, full speed ahead. Like I said, I'll keep playing (and probably paying) regardless.
    I'll just say that I don't think the art is what keeps Wulven from being in "the big leagues"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There are plenty of TCG around and most of the big ones are either : Have been around for a long time ( Magic , Yugioh ) or published by big budget companies and based on an already famous franchise ( Pokemon , M&M : DoC , Hearthstone ) .
    The only card game that is original and is growing strong is Card Hunter , maybe Hex . But i think they both have more money to invest in their games than Wulven does .

Some people call SE a "poor man's TCG " but as long as Wulven makes profit and we can enjoy a well-made , balanced game , it's ok , imo .
    It's always good to go back to your previous achievement and realize how mediocre it was , because it means that you have improved a lot since that time

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    When is the new cards and changes coming?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Beta Testing has only gone through ine update and probably 90% of the cards dont have artwork yet..im guessing April?
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by WrathOfCroft View Post
    Beta Testing has only gone through ine update and probably 90% of the cards dont have artwork yet..im guessing April?
    Of 2848
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.