Close

Thread: SE App

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

SE App

Please move if I'm in the wrong place.

I was reading a players thread and I didn't want to spam it.

I seen GDC saying that a sync error as of late is something not being reflected correctly to the other player. Well...something like that.
    Anyway my question to this is why do I get kicked out of tbe app completely? Sometimes on my turn I get kicked out.
    I even been kicked out when my opp does nothing except sac and skip?
    I'm shot straight to my home screen. I've been playing on 4g network and for awhile a stable wifi network. Now its just 4g until I get my wifi back. But I don't understand why? Enlighten please. Sorry if this has been answered before.
    Never let the Right Thing be a matter of Convenience

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sounds like the app is crashing to me. Why, I couldn't tell you. Not sure why this is connected to GDC talking about sync errors though.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Everytime I've watched the replays they say sync error. I read the part of him saying a connection sync error hasn't happened in awhile. Guess I was wrong. Sorry GDC. My bad. I guess feel free to delete
    Never let the Right Thing be a matter of Convenience

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightyoak713 View Post
    Everytime I've watched the replays they say sync error. I read the part of him saying a connection sync error hasn't happened in awhile. Guess I was wrong. Sorry GDC. My bad. I guess feel free to delete
    Well you didn't mention that in your post so that is why I was curious and that also doesn't necessarily make you wrong. =/
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If it exits the app completely, that's very likely a crash situation... not a sync issue... which actually could be a sign of a bug - main litmus test I apply though is "can this be reproduced reliably (75%) of the time by repeating the situation that caused the software crash"

If Yes - test further with software to try and pin down the bug.
    If No - test hardware with other apps that use similar resources.

Obviously... sometimes a repeated issue that 'seems' to have a pattern can have a hardware issue, and vis versa (a bug can seem to not have a repeatable cause on the surface, but can actually be an interaction or situation that is hard to notice, and therefore gets overlooked when emulating the problem). But it's a place to start.