Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just tried the ravagers again, and even with the minr boosts they still blow. Got out the loom on T1 to help with draw and for later destruction, had everything else I needed to hand but still could not even touch my opponents board presence in time. They are still in need of serious boosting. Cleric needs to have +1/+1 when any item or ability is destroyed then he can be the main danger and ravager/spitfire come in to boost him. Alternatively ravager needs attack 4 but that still probably would be insufficient. Thriss and hulk are still fine but by the time you get to play them you have already lost the board and the game. For ter at least who cannot reclaim or wipe a board easily its more or less game over and your deck will be full of items for destroying so there isn't much you can add to it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fionn Maccumhail View Post
    Just tried the ravagers again, and even with the minr boosts they still blow. Got out the loom on T1 to help with draw and for later destruction, had everything else I needed to hand but still could not even touch my opponents board presence in time. They are still in need of serious boosting. Cleric needs to have +1/+1 when any item or ability is destroyed then he can be the main danger and ravager/spitfire come in to boost him. Alternatively ravager needs attack 4 but that still probably would be insufficient. Thriss and hulk are still fine but by the time you get to play them you have already lost the board and the game. For ter at least who cannot reclaim or wipe a board easily its more or less game over and your deck will be full of items for destroying so there isn't much you can add to it.
    Have u tried Crippling Blow and Mark of the Feared?
    Some ravagers can target-destroy and benefit from ability destruction to.
    INDO Language Sub-Forum

[SF]Solo Nish/Loest
    Ythan Redthorn, Rush of the Twilight Deck
    Zaladar, Alpha Strike Deck
    Bloodfang, Howl of the Pack Deck

Eyes of the Phoenix
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Dragon
    Favorite SE activity: Meltdown & Deck-Building
    Favorite Card: Anklebreaker
    Favorite Hero: Majiya

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mark of the Feared > Spiked bolas strike in this deck. Also I think Ravagers have become a viable archtype, just not at 100% Tribal since they honestly lack a decent 2 drop. I would probably run Yari Bladedancer in this slot
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird
    Outlaw you are one sick son of a b****. I approve
    Quote Originally Posted by Solomon69
    Ahahahah you're such an evil (and creative) human being Outl4w!!!
    Join me in the fight for maintaining the freedom of the deranged and enlightend. Be an Outl4w!

“An outlaw can be defined as somebody who lives outside the law, beyond the law and not necessarily against it.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yari Bladedancer is a good fit, especially with Hulk.

Protectors and attachment hate make Crippling Blow insufficient for Ter to control the board. He needs some sort of early game board presence combined with CB to have a decent chance.

A big problem with buffing ravagers too much is that they could become OP in other decks before they become competitive with Ter Adun. For instance, if you make Ravager zealot a 4 attack, he becomes even scarier in a Zaladar shard deck, which is already viable in this set.
    Last edited by luminosg; 01-30-2014 at 12:31 PM.
    "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22-23

Member of guild: Enlisted to Endure
    IGN: e2e luminos

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by luminosg View Post
    Yari Bladedancer is a good fit, especially with Hulk.

Protectors and attachment hate make Crippling Blow insufficient for Ter to control the board. He needs some sort of early game board presence combined with CB to have a decent chance.

A big problem with buffing ravagers too much is that they could become OP in other decks before they become competitive with Ter Adun. For instance, if you make Ravager zealot a 4 attack, he becomes even scarier in a Zaladar shard deck, which is already viable in this set.
    Early board control = Crippling Blow, I havent found any better solution yet...
    INDO Language Sub-Forum

[SF]Solo Nish/Loest

Eyes of the Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Then you run into a protector ally and you have no way to deal with it because you have no board presence and no tools to get it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fionn Maccumhail View Post
    Then you run into a protector ally and you have no way to deal with it because you have no board presence and no tools to get it.
    Well, Crippling Blow still good agains other cards beside protector and Attachment hate. For that point alone I still use it a lot on my deck.
    Sometime, combined with curse of aldmor and yari marksman.

I mean, it really does handle most of early threat i.e rush deck allies and slowing them.
    That what everyone concern about Terravage(Ter Adun & Ravagers) deck right? to survive agains rush deck.

note: Terravage is a trade mark from one of Udy's deck series that cant be posted yet on public due to a secret reason.
    Last edited by udy; 01-31-2014 at 01:49 AM.
    INDO Language Sub-Forum

[SF]Solo Nish/Loest

Eyes of the Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by udy View Post
    Well, Crippling Blow still good agains other cards beside protector and Attachment hate. For that point alone I still use it a lot on my deck.
    Sometime, combined with curse of aldmor and yari marksman.

I mean, it really does handle most of early threat i.e rush deck allies and slowing them.
    That what everyone concern about Terravage(Ter Adun & Ravagers) deck right? to survive agains rush deck.

note: Terravage is a trade mark from one of Udy's deck series that cant be posted yet on public due to a secret reason.
    Secrets! What is this? But yeah I think that's really a huge problem with the Ravagers is they can't handle anything that might resemble a rush, but I wish they had a better answer than crippling blow/yari marksman. . .

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    When future expansions come out and ravagers have even better ally options, Obelisk of Echoes will be a major issue in balancing imo (but it will be too late to do anything to it then)...anyway, it is too strong.
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I am not sure some or even all Tribes can work as the main deck theme. Seems you can use certain Tribe cards, depending on the Hero, but must mix in non-Tribe or other Tribe to get a good deck.

Quote Originally Posted by luminosg View Post
    Just wanting to note that this probably won't work the way you think it does, since his ability only activates when he is damaged, not when his health is reduced (so Raven's gambit, Victor's ability, shard of Power, etc don't boost him)
    Correct, I had some other deck with Marauder + Krygon, tried Krygon's ability on Marauder and only got a 3/3, not 4/3 like I expected.
    There are times I'll make up words and slip them into conversations just to see if anyone is actually protempifying to what I'm saying. - I'm not normal