Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Ter Adun and the Ravager tribe (and a quick mention of Nish)

It seems most classes and heroes got some nice new cards, but Ter Adun has been further cast down from his already less than exalted level of power. A lot of decks can now work without card draw items or, conversely, now have two or more items for card draw. Generally both Zailed crusader+treasured heirloom and cultist alone greatly reduce the need for draw engines- often the most important thing Ter could destroy. For several of the heroes I have been playing with (Majiya, Gravebone, Vess, Banebow) I have no need of an item for draw (my BB has two WOTF but they are sacces if the opponent has allies) and only BBs bow is a good target. My Aramia deck can also yank out items swiftly enough that Ter's ability wouldn't bother that deck either. I've also played several rogues with no IGG.

At the same time the synergies for the ravager clan seem to be very poor indeed with only the demolitionist standing out. The rest of the clan are poor and the items meant to go with them are equally poor. The easiest item destruction is from a homunculus rather than ravager lly. Ravager for example taking a cheap item to get haste and even then is only 3/3. Spitfire hound is only a little better and, especially with the new T2 options, is a very poor T2 drop.

I've played a few Ter adun decks and generally bt the time my opponent has set up some kind of weak combo they are already almost dead and lost the board long ago. While not all concepts that appear on the test server are likely to work, I've yet to see nor can I imagine a combo worth pulling. Since you tend to get little to no benefit, a turn lost dropping an item and quite possibly card disadvantage to do so (item destroyed + spitfire hound or ravager). Their sole use seems to be against mages addicted to transmogrifying curse. Thriss almanac is probably the best of the bunch but even that simpy acts as a sub-standard war banner or a poor mans ise storm (since it strikes only at the end of the turn). Even if by some miracle you manage to get hold of the board and get clerics mantle up you get a free attack with a Attack 1-3. Hardly a game swinger, especially since it has to be against the hero and thus does not help with board control. Same with obelisk of echoes and helm of sayhmet- by the time you have set up the conditions, it is already too late.

It really seems that if the ravager clan and Ter Adun are to be in any way even semi-competitive there needs to be some changes made. Personally I would suggest making spitfire hound a 1/4 or 2/3 and have it suffer health and attack reduction if it uses its on summon ability. Ravager I would make dependent haste on whether there is another ravager ally in play rather than on destroying an item.

Would be cool If I'm wrong and someone has found something great, but I haven't seen it yet.

Nish seems to get little benefit from the new electrical allies, although solo nish is stronger with transmogrifying curse and incendiary curse. ot sure if Pithing spear is enough to help logan either.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'll agree with you. I've had a lot of difficulty trying to make the Ravagers work. I'll agree that the Spitfire Hound is just an awful T2 drop. What I would like to see is something like, "0 Resources: Turn Spitfire Hound into an Artifact." That way you can attack, use his ability and then play Ravager Zealot. Plus I'll say I always feel like I'm using Ter Adun's ability on MY OWN ITEMS, which is such a waste. Sometimes it's helpful, but I'm always using his ability on Rock of Ages or Thriss Almanac. Actually now that I'm thinking about it, that change to Spitfire Hound might really turn the ravagers around. I don't think any of the new tribes have much weight just because they're aren't a lot of cards for them. So the only tribes I see worth-while is Wulven and Undead. I mean if you want to run Ravager Zealot you HAVE to play Rock of Ages and Thriss Almanac... whatever.

But I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the Ravagers are needing something
    Last edited by AnomalousT; 01-21-2014 at 02:48 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nope... your right. I think ravagers suck and don't have the ability or a synergy that can be competitive just like other tribes.
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo3yb0i View Post
    Nope... your right. I think ravagers suck and don't have the ability or a synergy that can be competitive just like other tribes.
    Is this sarcastic?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AnomalousT View Post
    Is this sarcastic?
    Don't think so, the ravagers definitely need serious buffing, they're really weak compared to twilight, templars, yari, homunculi, and undead.
    I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
    Enlightened Technological Creature
    A Proud Member of ETC
    My 10 step guide to deck building
    My published 1.6 decks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AnomalousT View Post
    Is this sarcastic?

Lol no. I was serious. Ravagers have the worst synergy.
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo3yb0i View Post
    Lol no. I was serious. Ravagers have the worst synergy.
    and the worst cards

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ravagers are too bound on destroying items to work. If Ravagers had some form of item recursion, then it might make them better. Once you blow through all your items, you are pretty much dead.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew Two View Post
    Don't think so, the ravagers definitely need serious buffing, they're really weak compared to twilight, templars, yari, homunculi, and undead.
    I have not looked at Ravagers so I have to take the word of all posters here until I try them but some Shadow I tried with Undead, they did not work either, heck I have not won period. I am wondering if Undead is lacking somewhere or maybe I just have not found the right Hero yet. Tried in both Gravebone and Raikka so far. Undead might be better for DD Heroes (Banebow, Majiya, Zaladar). The cards themselves seem decent, they just don't work with certain Shadow Heroes in my view.
    There are times I'll make up words and slip them into conversations just to see if anyone is actually protempifying to what I'm saying. - I'm not normal

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Banebow, Gravebone, and Praxix all make good use of an undead deck in their own particular ways. It's just a question of deckbuilding.
    "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22-23

Member of guild: Enlisted to Endure
    IGN: e2e luminos