Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Coercion and Zealous Mystic

    Bug Report? (is this a bug)

    When you cast Coercion on an enemy ally, you gain control of the enemy ally, then cast Zealous Mystic, the Coercion moves onto Zealous Mystic. At the end of the turn the Coercion wears off and then Zealous Mystic (your ally) swaps sides and goes over to the opponent!

    T

  2. #2
    DP Visionary tman507's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    U.S.A, GMT -7
    Posts
    4,561
    Tournaments Joined
    6
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Hmmmm, interesting. Not totally sure if that's intended, but would be an amazing combo if it was. My guess is that it is intended, I mean, the ally switching sides is caused by the attachment, so whichever ally has the attachment would switch sides.

    I want to make a deck based off of exploiting this combo now if it's supposed to work that way, lol.

    EDIT: On second reading of Coercion, maybe it's not supposed to work this way. Coercion says "while Coercion is attached, that ally is under your control". So as soon as Coercion is not attached it should go back to the opponent it seems like, as the switch back to the original controller is based on the attachment leaving, not necessarily the end of your turn.

    I would post this in the Card Rulings section of the forum just so Mojumbo can for sure see it and answer officially as to whether or not this is working as intended.
    Last edited by tman507; 01-18-2014 at 08:15 PM.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

    Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

    Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

  3. #3
    Devoted Fan Gondorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England (GMT+0)
    Posts
    24,042
    Tournaments Joined
    1000
    Tournaments Won
    999
    Blog Entries
    1
    It doesn't automatically move onto Zealous Mystic, does it? Just don't do it for now and we'll get it fixed so ZM can't target your own Coercion. Thanks for reporting.

  4. #4
    DP Visionary tman507's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    U.S.A, GMT -7
    Posts
    4,561
    Tournaments Joined
    6
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian
    It doesn't automatically move onto Zealous Mystic, does it? Just don't do it for now and we'll get it fixed so ZM can't target your own Coercion. Thanks for reporting.
    So wait, why exactly does it need to be fixed? I too think it isn't working right, but for a different reason than what you seem to say. ZM says that it can move an attachment onto a target friendly ally onto it. Does an ally switched by Coercion not count as "friendly" during the time it's on your side? From what you say it seems that ZM shouldn't even be able to target Coercion for some reason, when from what I see, it shouldn't work as the OP suggests because once you unattach Coercion from the opposing ally with ZM it should just go directly back to the opponent because Coercion is no longer attached.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

    Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

    Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

  5. #5
    Senior Member AnomalousT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ravensguard, Irum
    Posts
    261
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post
    So wait, why exactly does it need to be fixed? I too think it isn't working right, but for a different reason than what you seem to say. ZM says that it can move an attachment onto a target friendly ally onto it. Does an ally switched by Coercion not count as "friendly" during the time it's on your side? From what you say it seems that ZM shouldn't even be able to target Coercion for some reason, when from what I see, it shouldn't work as the OP suggests because once you unattach Coercion from the opposing ally with ZM it should just go directly back to the opponent because Coercion is no longer attached.
    But ZM specifically says you can move attachment to him if he is an "eligible target" and coercion has to be attached to an "opposing ally." Since your ZM isn't an opposing ally that makes him an ineligible target. Right? At least that how I see the situation.

  6. #6
    DP Visionary tman507's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    U.S.A, GMT -7
    Posts
    4,561
    Tournaments Joined
    6
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AnomalousT
    But ZM specifically says you can move attachment to him if he is an "eligible target" and coercion has to be attached to an "opposing ally." Since your ZM isn't an opposing ally that makes him an ineligible target. Right? At least that how I see the situation.
    Ohhhh, I get it. Didn't think of that. That would be why.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

    Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

    Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post
    Ohhhh, I get it. Didn't think of that. That would be why.
    Looking again, that makes sense the Zealous Mystic should not be able to steal the Coercion as it is not an eligible target. I was trying to see if the coerced enemy ally would stay on your side of the board if I moved the Coercion of off it. When I moved Coercion, the enemy ally went back across, which I believe is right when that happens, and then at end of the turn it fell off the Zealous Mystic and then the Mystic changed sides. It is part of a fun deck I have made that uses Vozitian orders to bounce the stolen ally back into your hand so you keep it mwwwhahaha!

  8. #8
    DP Visionary tman507's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    U.S.A, GMT -7
    Posts
    4,561
    Tournaments Joined
    6
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 99CUPSOFTEA
    It is part of a fun deck I have made that uses Vozitian orders to bounce the stolen ally back into your hand so you keep it mwwwhahaha!
    Now that would be a nasty combo.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

    Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

    Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

  9. #9
    Senior Member nerull7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    803
    Tournaments Joined
    15
    Tournaments Won
    0
    If he s not an eligible target for Coercion, how is he eligible target for crippling blow then? That is no friendly attachment either.

    I see it like this - no attachment on ally, no effect produced. Just like when ally doesnt die with Necromancer's Shroud out of play, target ally shouldnt return without Coercion as well IMO.
    Nerull7 - Backhand of Justice
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

    IGN: BP Nerull7 | Our Guild | Watch Epic BP Games: | 1 | 2 | 3 |
    Talk less crap, do more for community

  10. #10
    DP Visionary
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    20
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nerull7 View Post
    If he s not an eligible target for Coercion, how is he eligible target for crippling blow then? That is no friendly attachment either.

    I see it like this - no attachment on ally, no effect produced. Just like when ally doesnt die with Necromancer's Shroud out of play, target ally shouldnt return without Coercion as well IMO.
    From a fun standpoint, I would see this as a good combo to have in the game. You are spending 7 resource and two cards to steal their ally and give them your ally.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •