Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Shattered Fates -- The Rise of Baduruu

UPDATED for 2.5

Hello everyone,

Here is the shared deck I am using for 2.5 that current sits in the 300+ QM range. This deck is a pretty good match-up against Zaladar and Moonstalker which are prevalent in this QM. The core strategy in this deck is still the same to apply continuous hard to remove ally pressure on the board while supplementing damage with your summoned weapon until your opponent breaks. Other allies added to the deck are designed to to give immediate board damage to assist with 3 damage bow kills . This is a ally heavy deck with abilities that provide direct damage to the board when summoned (ability or haste). Here is the latest break out:

Hero: Baduruu

Card total:46 (excluding hero)

Allies: 18
    Ironhide Karash x 3 -- small tank
    Infernal Gargoyle x 2 -- bigger tank
    Death Mage Thaddeus x 2 -- ping damage for your weapon summon, stealth killer
    Grimghast x 1 -- makes your tanks even more beefy
    Rampart Kygon x 2 -- hasted ping damage
    Shadow Knight x 3 -- heavy hitter that will recycle your tanks
    Furrion Terror x 3 -- board wiper, super nova protection
    Deepwood Bobcat x 2 -- Haste with gambit and poison arrow control

Weapons & Armor: 13
    Wrath of the Forest x 4 -- One of the best hunter draw engines out there. Your opponent must kill your allies to win right? Pride of the Mountain is inferior because your opponent can hold back allies.
    Grundler's Double x 4 -- Stealth killer and potential draw engine
    Emore Crossbow -- x 2 -- Helps take out fatties or allies with the ability to grow
    Soul Seeker x 1 -- Choose it when you are facing burn decks or need health
    Anmor's Horn x 2 -- After testing, this is actually a pretty solid draw engine. I am surprised it does not see more play. You need a stable, perpetual draw engine to supplement Wotf. (especially at 46 cards)

Abilities: 15
    Hunter's Gambit x 4 -- A very sexy hard for hunters, synergies great with your weapon, bobcat, perfect shot
    Perfect Shot x 4 -- Fatty killer -- use your weapon, DMT, or Gambit with it
    Poison Arrow x 3 -- Needed for tempo control and that asshat Viska who will eat your lunch, also use with bobcat
    Acid Jet x 2 -- Weapon / Armor killer
    Shriek of Vengeance x 2 -- Item killer

Other notes:

Baduruu's Abiliity: I feel that he has potentially one of the strongest SE abilities compared to other heroes. For example with Majiya, you get 3 damage and a card. When Grundler's Double is summoned that is a minimum of 3 damage you can apply on the board with a maximum of 15 damage plus a draw engine if it is not destroyed. This is a very efficient use of shadow energy and the damage spike can break your opponent.

Synergy with your summoned weapon: DMT, Rampart Kygon, Furrion Terror, Perfect Shot, Ravens Gambit, poison arrow, bobcat (when hasted). That is 20 cards total; lots of tools and gives a lot flexibility for the changing battlefield.

Traps: Stay away -- I have a very biased view against traps in this game because they are one and done. When compared to playing allies you have potential to get several rounds of benefit.

In the next patch, I may swap out garg/ grimgast with Cleric of the Asyn in order to punish opponents for item destruction.

Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by Asazal; 09-27-2014 at 04:06 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great write up. Thanks.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    decided to give this a try to give my mind a break after struggling with skervox. I like this deck a lot. edit...played 5 games now...always close games but in the end just barely make it with 2-3 hp...i wish more games played like this...a gamble of who wins not pretty much decided by turn 6-7
    Last edited by jcbow; 01-20-2014 at 09:14 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I am glad you like it. Baduruu is my favorite!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Been debating changing out grundlers for emore...just not sure if the extra dmg is worth the drop in durability.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Asazal View Post
    I am glad you like it. Baduruu is my favorite!
    I just like that you equate all allies to tanks! I'd do alot better at this game if I thought of my cards as tanks, transports , supplies and renforments. As up posed to creepy things in Balor! ( but axis and allies has to be one of my favorite games! )

Great write up! Hope I get to playing sometime! When the art is attached to the cards!
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    lol...my mind went straight to LoL...I have my tanks my supports and my carries

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Updated for 2.5

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip thorp View Post
    I just like that you equate all allies to tanks! I'd do alot better at this game if I thought of my cards as tanks, transports , supplies and renforments. As up posed to creepy things in Balor! ( but axis and allies has to be one of my favorite games! )

Great write up! Hope I get to playing sometime! When the art is attached to the cards!
    Dang Kip! How do u ever finish a game of A&A? Lol