Close

Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Twio View Post
    Lol this thread fails now, there is already another thread about Garth being under/overpowered. I take it everyone is done with Wisp?
    Well there isn't any clear evidence on the fact that the Wisp is too strong. That's why the discussion will just go in circles until everybody just goes "fuck this" and doesn't participate anymore.

So, I would say yes.

I also agree that Fortified Wisp is the more dangerous one here.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    Well there isn't any clear evidence on the fact that the Wisp is too strong. That's why the discussion will just go in circles until everybody just goes "fuck this" and doesn't participate anymore.

So, I would say yes.

I also agree that Fortified Wisp is the more dangerous one here.
    +1
    Shadow Era:

Every Turn Counts

"Being strong isn't just about having powers or moves...It is about HEART." - Roronoa Zoro, One Piece

PFG 2 Member "You idealize, we criticize."
    1st Singapore Meltdown Physical Tournament Winner

IGN: Berdugo ETC
    Profession: Alien Hunter

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    @Caitlyn - Garth was nerfed because he seemed too strong, and not for flavor reasons. I'm sorry I did not make that clearer.

And Garth's Concoction is primarily for him and not to let other heroes be more like him. Ter Adun's Medallion would therefore be about syngerising with Ter's ability rather than letting other heroes be like him. (Maybe it should be Garth's Secret Sauce instead then.)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    @Caitlyn - Garth was nerfed because he seemed too strong, and not for flavor reasons. I'm sorry I did not make that clearer.

And Garth's Concoction is primarily for him and not to let other heroes be more like him. Ter Adun's Medallion would therefore be about syngerising with Ter's ability rather than letting other heroes be like him. (Maybe it should be Garth's Secret Sauce instead then.)
    ...are you saying that Sorcerous Poison will be changed to Garth's?
    Shadow Era:

Every Turn Counts

"Being strong isn't just about having powers or moves...It is about HEART." - Roronoa Zoro, One Piece

PFG 2 Member "You idealize, we criticize."
    1st Singapore Meltdown Physical Tournament Winner

IGN: Berdugo ETC
    Profession: Alien Hunter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't get why people are so annoyed by the Garth nerfing.

pre-nerf Garth could kill hard to kill 2CC enemies(ironhide Karash, Nightshade) on 3rd turn and then turn around and kill a turn 5 drop with an ally/weapon on turn 6. That is some kind of crazy consistency in what is possible. It is like combining banebow's ability with victor/logan ability. Maybe the nerf is wrong but that he needed to be nerfed shouldn't really be in question.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Broken Overpowered Card ?!!

@GDC: Then fix Thoughtripper's Cutlass to actually synergize with Serena better and not everyone else. I mean, every fricking CotC Hunter (Not sure on Shervox or Yrhan) makes better use of it than Serena does. Especially with a standard Gwen build being able to strip so many cards and Resource Destruction Baduruu forcing the opponent into more of a disadvantage.

If Heroes are suppose to synergize with their namesake card, at least make it good in their hands without breaking it on other Heroes while still making it usable with others.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Broken Overpowered Card ?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Armoek View Post
    I don't get why people are so annoyed by the Garth nerfing.

pre-nerf Garth could kill hard to kill 2CC enemies(ironhide Karash, Nightshade) on 3rd turn and then turn around and kill a turn 5 drop with an ally/weapon on turn 6. That is some kind of crazy consistency in what is possible. It is like combining banebow's ability with victor/logan ability. Maybe the nerf is wrong but that he needed to be nerfed shouldn't really be in question.
    Banebow does the same thing as you mentioned, although not quite as well as Garth does depending on the HP. Not sure why it is a bad thing.
    Last edited by Daemon Rayge; 01-30-2014 at 12:41 PM.
    -Mordekaiser

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    OK, then maybe i should reword what i want to say to make my point.

he is a HERO. he should be played more (i dont know what went on in the pfg but he came out with that ability) to make sure before you kill it. and even then, dont take away the "flavor part", meaning in this instance, the poison. that was the "cool" thing about him. he was a good hero before, now he is near the bottom i think.

aetherborn wisp, fortified wisp and some others... go ahead, nerf/kill those, they are single cards not heroes. i will get over that kind of thing... but heroes?

there are so many things i have been seeing that are so much stronger than his ability that that nerf makes no sense to me.

i dont know, maybe i am just tired of hero nerfing. its like you forget they are heroes and forget nearly all past nerfs to heroes have killed them (and makes you struggle to give them cards to help them out) look at logan... one teenie tiny nerf to his ability, it wasnt even changed, just the cost raised by one and he is nowhere. i have been trying to make him better, even still in SF. i thought boooomerang would help, and it does a little but not nearly enough.

then there is the other thing, why bother adding his concoction? why would i want to waste a card slot on a card that does what his ability used to do but doesnt anymore?

the main thing i have noticed in SF (not just the possible OTK stuff) is that human cards, especially their allies, far outstrip shadow cards and their allies. plus most class cards are nowhere close to that either (i always said the class cards should be a lot better than faction or neutral cards, but it wasnt the case in DP and looks to still not be the case in SF).
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Give Shadow allies some love outside of the Undead tribe! I mean, most of the decent/good Shadow Decks I played against used the Undead Tribe. I myself an fine tuning a non-Tribal Banebow, but kind of hard at times given how weak most of the new allies are.

@Cait: I think the maib issue with giving Logan a great tool is Amber. She and her bloody high damage output is what preventing that. If Logan can use it, so can Amber. Unless they start making Faction Class specific cards which solves that completely, which they do. That way, they can specifically help the class on one Faction without letting their stronger counterparts on the opposite use them.
    -Mordekaiser

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Faction specific cards may even help in the deckbuilder. I found myself today building a gravebone deck, and all those twilight/templar cards getting in the way kinda annoyed me a bit.
    Not a huge gamebreaking issue, but still a little annoyance.