Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30
  1. #11
    DP Visionary Geckt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Singapore, Asia (GMT+8)
    Posts
    1,577
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    I laugh at SE trying to make combos so I would probably die if I read the Hearthstone "combos".
    Dood, lol. It's just hard to even be decent looking tcg while they're trying to break into kiddies banks ofc.
    Geckt - Huntsman of Arctic Minions
    Ign:BP Geckt
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn
    2012
    1st in Meet and Beat Meltdown Physical Tournament
    Our Guild Recruitment Thread

    FAQs For New Players
    SE digital foil Trading Group

  2. #12
    Senior Member Rivozzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,095
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AnomalousT View Post
    My only real experience with a CCG is SE and I felt the exact same way, but I still play sometimes because my inner-raccoon really likes shiny things
    Forget about these, i like your preist deck

  3. #13
    DP Visionary Geckt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Singapore, Asia (GMT+8)
    Posts
    1,577
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    I laugh at SE trying to make combos so I would probably die if I read the Hearthstone "combos".
    A.k.a trying to look decent while they break into kiddies' banks.
    Geckt - Huntsman of Arctic Minions
    Ign:BP Geckt
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn
    2012
    1st in Meet and Beat Meltdown Physical Tournament
    Our Guild Recruitment Thread

    FAQs For New Players
    SE digital foil Trading Group

  4. #14
    Senior Member Caitlyn0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,664
    Tournaments Joined
    2
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckt View Post
    A.k.a trying to look decent while they break into kiddies' banks.
    thats actually Wizard101 that does that. an extremely expensive game and i actually love playing it i have a level 92 Storm mage and a level 75 Death mage
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

    Evolution in Theory

  5. #15
    Senior Member Alzorath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Youtube (GMT-√(i))
    Posts
    1,410
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Honestly... Hearthstone is about what I expected it to be... It's Blizzard... look at every other genre they've approached, and their methods are about the same: Simplification and polish.

    Hearthstone is very much to MtG what Diablo is to Baldur's Gate - same concept at its core, but simplified for ease of access, given a bit of addictive 'collection' aspects, and polish it up so it looks pretty.

    I think the only genre they don't treat like this is RTS, and even then they do it to an extent (though honestly, I view aRTS/MoBA type games as the simplification of RTS).

  6. #16
    Senior Member MrNice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,337
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzorath View Post
    Honestly... Hearthstone is about what I expected it to be... It's Blizzard... look at every other genre they've approached, and their methods are about the same: Simplification and polish.

    Hearthstone is very much to MtG what Diablo is to Baldur's Gate - same concept at its core, but simplified for ease of access, given a bit of addictive 'collection' aspects, and polish it up so it looks pretty.

    I think the only genre they don't treat like this is RTS, and even then they do it to an extent (though honestly, I view aRTS/MoBA type games as the simplification of RTS).
    except diablo came out 2 years before Baldurs Gate.
    but yeah i understand your reasoning. the odd thing is that i like se better than hs but diablo better than bg.
    ^^

  7. #17
    DP Visionary Geckt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Singapore, Asia (GMT+8)
    Posts
    1,577
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNice View Post
    except diablo came out 2 years before Baldurs Gate.
    but yeah i understand your reasoning. the odd thing is that i like se better than hs but diablo better than bg.
    ^^
    SE IS better than HS. But, bg being better than diablo? I bet there will be many to disagree with that line.
    Geckt - Huntsman of Arctic Minions
    Ign:BP Geckt
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn
    2012
    1st in Meet and Beat Meltdown Physical Tournament
    Our Guild Recruitment Thread

    FAQs For New Players
    SE digital foil Trading Group

  8. #18
    Senior Member Airact's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,313
    Tournaments Joined
    5
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckt View Post
    SE IS better than HS. But, bg being better than diablo? I bet there will be many to disagree with that line.
    I don't.


    Baldur's Gate is awesome, Diablo 2 is awesome (1 and 3 are meh) but I think BG wins here.

  9. #19
    DP Visionary Geckt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Singapore, Asia (GMT+8)
    Posts
    1,577
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    I don't.


    Baldur's Gate is awesome, Diablo 2 is awesome (1 and 3 are meh) but I think BG wins here.
    Same here, D2 is irreplaceable.
    Geckt - Huntsman of Arctic Minions
    Ign:BP Geckt
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn
    2012
    1st in Meet and Beat Meltdown Physical Tournament
    Our Guild Recruitment Thread

    FAQs For New Players
    SE digital foil Trading Group

  10. #20
    Senior Member MrNice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,337
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckt View Post
    SE IS better than HS. But, bg being better than diablo? I bet there will be many to disagree with that line.
    read again

    ofc diablo is better than bg.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •