Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Control decks are death .

Well i hope that some things will change before the beta close, but the game become really too fast right now.
    Any rush deck is pretty overpowered and any skill less guy with some luck can easy win in few turns.

Before The new cards set using controls were difficult aswell and Human balanced rush decks always win easy against pretty everyone.
    Right now things are worst then ever. I cant belive that you focused on make the game Faster (it was really fast before), right now a Control deck is most idiot choice to make. It can win, Ofcourse , but it cant be competitive at all.
    Too many cheap strong cards actually (in human mostly but also some in shadow).

I really hope you guys fix things, becouse force players to play rush or esclude them from competitions is horrible.

You have to give chances to Control deck players, in this moment there is just a Rush Run.

Problems are :
    -too many haste ally
    -too less possibility to make customized combos or strategy
    -too many cheap strong ally (human mostly)
    -too less strategy restriction to certain heroes (like the new elemental)
    -Shadow cant actually destroy items as good as humans do
    -everythings turn around allyes at The moment

Controls are usually more difficult and requires more skill , right now the game is Faster and decrease more then ever the skilled player.

Thank you for reading

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ComedianX View Post
    Well i hope that some things will change before the beta close, but the game become really too fast right now.
    Any rush deck is pretty overpowered and any skill less guy with some luck can easy win in few turns.

Before The new cards set using controls were difficult aswell and Human balanced rush decks always win easy against pretty everyone.
    Right now things are worst then ever. I cant belive that you focused on make the game Faster (it was really fast before), right now a Control deck is most idiot choice to make. It can win, Ofcourse , but it cant be competitive at all.
    Too many cheap strong cards actually (in human mostly but also some in shadow).

I really hope you guys fix things, becouse force players to play rush or esclude them from competitions is horrible.

You have to give chances to Control deck players, in this moment there is just a Rush Run.

Problems are :
    -too many haste ally

Controls are usually more difficult and requires more skill , right now the game is Faster and decrease more then ever the skilled player.

Thank you for reading
    Yes, rush decks are strong like they always been but as a member of PFG that been playing for 6 months this expansion i can tell you that control decks are still stronger than rush ones.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wait, control decks were alive at some point?

Guess I have missed something.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    Wait, control decks were alive at some point?

Guess I have missed something.
    yes, you dont play tournaments while i play almost every tournament in SE, internals and externals from BP. 99% of the times control decks are the ones winning tournaments, you are just looking at Qms like the OP did.

CotC Sealed Deck Champion busti's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote:
    Problems are :
    -too many haste ally
    /quote

I feel like the only thing that really changed since SF, is the amount of hasted allies. The new cheap allies aren't stronger, and actually I don't feel like rush got stronger overall. For your point concerning that everything revolves around allies, yes it's true, but it was always true, and for me is a strenght of the game, as opposed of other games which feels obligated to include those solo deck archetypes ('cause that's what you are supposed to do with card games, right?), while it's not enjoyable at all to face (very often non interactive decks).

To come back on the point a agree with you, yes there are many hasted allies, but IMO the problem is not that there are too many of them, rather the problem is the lack of counters.
    A1 alliance - Evolution in theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Control decks are death .

Counters like this?

PS: it's a personal card design and not a official SE card ( yet )
    Best Regards,

Bobbypim
    [ Warwizard of the Jutland Plains ]

Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn
    ( Read about my guild )

IGN: BP Bobbypim

Card designs:
    Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Heroes Rising | Coming of Dragons
    Trackers of Night | Keystones

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by busti View Post

I feel like the only thing that really changed since SF, is the amount of hasted allies. The new cheap allies aren't stronger, and actually I don't feel like rush got stronger overall. For your point concerning that everything revolves around allies, yes it's true, but it was always true, and for me is a strenght of the game, as opposed of other games which feels obligated to include those solo deck archetypes ('cause that's what you are supposed to do with card games, right?), while it's not enjoyable at all to face (very often non interactive decks).

To come back on the point a agree with you, yes there are many hasted allies, but IMO the problem is not that there are too many of them, rather the problem is the lack of counters.
    Yes Counters is a thing i forgot to say in my post so i agree totally with you.

To reply to another user, if Amber or lance for you are control decks we are not Talking about the same things.
    Control is a slower deck based on block the opposing player game, using less allyes , more spells and counters and combos.

This game need more diversity on strategy , right now if u find a rush deck it will destroy you in 5 turns with some luck, is a shame that all the game is focussed on luck draws and fast damage right now . If u put Haste allyes u need to put counters, or they are like persistent damage spells .

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Colosal View Post
    yes, you dont play tournaments while i play almost every tournament in SE, internals and externals from BP. 99% of the times control decks are the ones winning tournaments, you are just looking at Qms like the OP did.
    I wouldn't say 99%.

I mean the more I think about it, the more I kill my own argument, but I think what we perseive as a control deck is different.

I think most tournament winning decks are either midrange or tempo, not straight control.

Out of the current decks (as far as I know, I mean I have played only SF for months so...), I would say Zhanna is the closest to being a control deck. Solo MS as well but come on.

Can't talk about SF but it's getting better as well.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    I wouldn't say 99%.

I mean the more I think about it, the more I kill my own argument, but I think what we perseive as a control deck is different.

I think most tournament winning decks are either midrange or tempo, not straight control.

Out of the current decks (as far as I know, I mean I have played only SF for months so...), I would say Zhanna is the closest to being a control deck. Solo MS as well but come on.

Can't talk about SF but it's getting better as well.
    Ofc not 99% is just me exagerating XD

...but close to that number

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree, any player can reach 300 rating just by looking at a rush deck posted some where on the internet. Really? Where's the fun in that?
    I like the idea of giving rush decks a chance, but that doesn't mean other "control decks" should suffer. Given that, I think there are still a lot of players who prefer controlled decks, and who have reached great heights in the game and who really enjoy the game.
    Here's a thing: rush decks fall apart if one thing goes wrong, controlled decks do not. So if you want to play a controlled deck, take some time, examine rush decks, and build up a good strategy.
    IGN: TJ Scout
    Telegram: @shubham1309

"Scout is a hacker we should report him" - SK Trinolcour

Team Juggernauts Recruitment Thread

Link to TJ forum
    IRC