Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Praxix the Soulwielder [SF]

The Shattered Fates Beta has just hit, and I thought I'd post the deck I've been playing with. It's incredibly fun to play, and is pretty darn strong too. The idea is to use Praxix's ability along with Falseblood Cultist, Antimatter, and Crystal Shards, to discard through your own deck, capitalizing on the effects of Plightbred Runt, Brimstone Devourer, and Reactorary. Without further ado, here's the decklist.

***HERO***
    Praxix -I thought he was going to be the next millstalker, but then I realized he's so much more than that *evil grin*

***Allies (21)***
    3x Plightbred Runt -He is there to be discarded, and to give your allies a little heath boost... not worth actually playing out of your hand.
    4x Harbinger of the Lost -A very powerful 2 drop, and can help you by discarding a card from your deck.
    4x Gravemonger -This dude is seriously OP... a 6/6 for 4 is just insane in a deck like this that can hit the requirement so easily
    4x Brimstone Devourer -One of the keystones of this deck, the "free" damage effect is amazing.
    3x Falseblood Cultist -Helps you draw, helps you discard, decent ally, what's not to like?
    4x Reactorary -A great guy to discard, and also a solid 3 drop

***Abilities (12)***
    4x Mind Control -Yay for Mind Control! we all know what's good about this one
    4x Shadow Font -Let's you discard your deck, and mill out your opponents much faster.
    2x Temporal Disturbance -a good discard tool, and can mill your opponent. Not crucial, and could be replaced with item d if you like.
    3x Eternal renewal -You're going to be milling yourself really fast with this deck, so it's good to hang onto one of these.

***Items (7)***
    3x Antimatter -Draw and discard power
    4x Crystal Shards -More draw, and cheaper than antimatter

TOTAL: 42 cards + Hero

An ideal start would go something like:
    t1 sac
    t2 Harbinger
    t3 Reactorary
    t4 shadow font
    t5+ let the shenanigans ensue!

It's loads of fun, and deceptively strong. To quote one of my guildmates, "I think I have more fun playing this deck than any other deck up to this point". Try it out, and see what you think! Any feedback is welcome
    Last edited by Mew Two; 01-15-2014 at 09:39 AM.
    I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
    Enlightened Technological Creature
    A Proud Member of ETC
    My 10 step guide to deck building
    My published 1.6 decks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    update +1 falseblood +2 shriek of revulsion -1 runt -2 temporal disturbance
    I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
    Enlightened Technological Creature
    A Proud Member of ETC
    My 10 step guide to deck building
    My published 1.6 decks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I started the Beta out with Praxix as well, but started with out solely with a millstalker mindset. This deck is much more effective and fun. Thanks for sharing.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This guy seems quite fun to play. Thanks for sharing the deck!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Synchronicity should have a place in here.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just played it twice - but wow - it's a strong deck. Can't wait to play around with it some more. You don't even to win through milling, it's gets a lot of allies out there to do your damage.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    try swapping out mc for wave collapse. i think youll like the results. also try swapping out 1 crystal shard and 2 eternal renual for 3 living armor.
    Last edited by Wes Davis; 01-24-2014 at 01:55 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Have you considered using Arthgyle's crypt? The fact that you can
    put a guaranteed 'on discard' ally on top of your deck can be priceless. Using antimatter, crystal or praxix ability and you are guaranteed either damage to the opponent or a reactory on the board. Quite the tactical play.
    Theonecabs
    High Magi of the Gnomish Hordes
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

TG: @Theonecabs

"I know one thing: that I know nothing" - Socrates

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like onecab's idea for this kind of deck concept as well, arthyle's would be something to definitely consider trying out (what to switch it for is the question)... I really enjoyed playing with it (just had some bad draws on the day I was recording lol)

Good to see praxix's mill functions being used 'actively' rather than simply just for the discard effect - I do think some of the allies need to be reconsidered though... especially Plightbred - he just really doesn't carry his own weight in the deck for me (I think I only had him give me a real boost in one game)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I played a lot of games with him... He might not be the most competative hero, but man, some games are hillarious, if suddenly 3 Reactorary s appear. Im running a quite similar deck. But at some point I kicked out 2 SF for Dagger of Fate. I feel this one a little more save to (re)take the board, than hoping for a good discard.