Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Threbin the Righteous

Anybody excited about this new priest hero? Do you believe he will be a strong alternative or do you prefer the increasingly powerful Jericho and beloved Zhanna? Embers of the Just is definitely a Jericho Card just like Lingering Essence.

I think Threbin is tight. It's exactly what I was hoping for from the new expansion and I'm glad Wulven listened.

Where my priests at??
    "Corruption of the soul is a fate that befalls the weak."

{IGN} Capo 9~ Enlisted{2}Endure {E2E}

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh, I'm super excited for Threbin. The thing I'm looking forward to about the Priests the most is their play-styles. In my mind, I see Zhanna as late game and big powerful allies with a lot of health. And then I see Jericho as being aggressive, maybe focusing more on smaller allies and attachments. Then I see Threbin as weapon based who needs a good mix of allies to keep board control.

Plus when I was looking at the new cards it doesn't seem like Wizent's staff is going to be an auto-include for the priests anymore. I think Zhanna is the only one that is going to have to rely on that draw.

Also I'm looking forward to seeing cards that don't get played as much as they should like healing touch, smite, or book of curses. I think SF is going to make those cards more valuable. So I think the priests are still going to be difficult to learn how to play, but in the right hands, I think we'll see some really dominant priest decks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Threbin the Righteous will be the first priest hero with direct hit as a ability. But even with some cards boosting the arcane damage he'll be weaker than other weapon based heroes. And yes I believe TtR will be kind off a weapon based hero.
    My second thought is that his ability will be somehow a little be like Moonstalkers ability or better like into the forest. The opposite allies or the hero will only attack your allies this turn or only with cards that won't be hurt so much from TtRs ability. Just my opinion.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Irell View Post
    Threbin the Righteous will be the first priest hero with direct hit as a ability. But even with some cards boosting the arcane damage he'll be weaker than other weapon based heroes. And yes I believe TtR will be kind off a weapon based hero.
    My second thought is that his ability will be somehow a little be like Moonstalkers ability or better like into the forest. The opposite allies or the hero will only attack your allies this turn or only with cards that won't be hurt so much from TtRs ability. Just my opinion.
    Idk. If you have Justicar Alysia out. You can attack with rod of smiting for 7 damage. TtR Ability 2+1=3 RoS 2+1+1=4. 7 damage isn't anything to laugh at and that combo really doesn't seem that difficult to pull off.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like the new hero. Makes priests able to do a bit more damage instead of relying so much on allies for damage.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I can't say anything about the new Priest hero yet. But I'll definitely want to try him.
    Last edited by Scout; 01-14-2014 at 09:18 PM.
    IGN: TJ Scout
    Telegram: @shubham1309

"Scout is a hacker we should report him" - SK Trinolcour

Team Juggernauts Recruitment Thread

Link to TJ forum
    IRC

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think the new priest hero will definitely see play. I can't wait to try him and all the rest.
    PROUD MEMBER OF E2E (ENLISTED TO ENDURE)

http://enlistedtoendure.com/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In my opinion Mandalains sceppter should see some play, possibly as a 3 or 2 of simply because it isnt so relliable as Rod of smiting.But it still does decent damage.
    Member of the EX

"The Exiled Ones- Honor is overrated."

Played monster hunter freedom unite and mh tri.
    mhfu: Hr 9 and Ukanlos down.
    mhtri: Hr 99; yeah kind of funny xD.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't like his ability. All you have to do is kill his allies and wait a turn. With other heroes you have to choose what to attack.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    THe joke is, what if u cant kill his allies without sacrificing cards or ressources.
    Member of the EX

"The Exiled Ones- Honor is overrated."

Played monster hunter freedom unite and mh tri.
    mhfu: Hr 9 and Ukanlos down.
    mhtri: Hr 99; yeah kind of funny xD.