Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Post See your global rank in SE. Are you in the top 100?

Hello,

A question for the DEV team.

In the status menu you can currently access your personal:
    • Level (of no consequence)
    • Rating (great, useful to have)
    • Score (this value is useless unless you know the value of everyone else)

No Rank? (Rank is your score in comparison to everyone else.)
    The displayed rank of course would be a 'snap shot' as it would always be changing, with ever game being played.
    If the server load of the constant calculating is an issue, a workaround would be to run a script that calculated the rank for everyone, every 6, 12 or 24 hours, so it would provide a 'ball park' figure of your rank. (potentially with a timer on how old the data was)

It would be great to know your actual ranking on a live basis. I know my friend and I always set goals to make it to the top 100 etc, and then compete to out rank each other. Would be great to know, especially when competing to be in the top 100 ranked SE players.

Is there any reason we don't or can't have 'rank' listed in the status?

Regards,
    Mr Fox
    Last edited by ShrapnelFox; 01-12-2014 at 12:29 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've thought the same thing.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You can see the top 100 scores here: http://www.shadowera.com/content.php?146-Rankings

There's been talk of a revamped UI though. Hopefully things like that will make it in.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ooh handy link. Hadnt seen that before. Wish they showed the overall ratings still as well though since its a better measure of player skill.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fou DeLile View Post
    You can see the top 100 scores here: http://www.shadowera.com/content.php?146-Rankings

There's been talk of a revamped UI though. Hopefully things like that will make it in.
    Kudos for that link. Can't believe I never stumbled upon it previously.

And yes it would still be nice to have your rank listed with everything else in the new User Interface

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In many games that I've played they have not wanted to make rankings for more than the top players.

Apparently this has a lot to do with how a complete ranking would instantly give you the number of actual active players of the game, which for many companies like Wulven that have 1 big hit that they live on, more or less equals how many people play their games which again equals how much the company is actually worth, something that you want to keep hidden from potential would be buyers of the company

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Rating is useless until after a large amount of games. Your rating is far from accurate until you've played a large sample of games. Your score will often rise, dip, rise, dip, dip, dip.. until your rating settles. I can play 30 games and be 340-350, but I'm far from a 350 player.

There is a reason why other games have a series of "placement matches" when using a similar system and even then, the placement sometimes isn't even in the ballpark.

On an alt for LOL, I won 10/10 of my placement matches and was placed SUPER HIGH... I'm normally in the 1700-1800s.
    Last edited by Rated GG; 01-13-2014 at 04:27 PM.
    IGN: TJ Rated GG

currently playing:
    GG's Lance - The Diplomat

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I see it being quite an easy change to include global rank on the status since it already calculates it (I believe). I would love to see that for QM. They already do it for Meltdown.
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
    - Albert Einstein