Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    One of my favorite cards of the new set.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In detail, I think it is an OK but not exceptional card.

First you can have up 4 so that is 4 max uses unless you can get it back from the graveyard somehow. With only 4 uses, you have to pick carefully who you want to put it on, that means knowing the opposing deck.

If a Warrior puts Crippling Blow and Curse of the Aldmor on the same ally, I am NOT Sustaining it. Why? It has 0 attack, unless it has some killer text it is a useless ally.

Wulven use Captured Prey and the same thing applies, unless it is a super must have need ally, I let it go.

If you disable an ally with some features described, why would I want to sustain it? It all depends on the target.
    There are times I'll make up words and slip them into conversations just to see if anyone is actually protempifying to what I'm saying. - I'm not normal

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i could be wrong but im pretty sure u don't choose to sustain it if u have se it is sustained. And if i remember right when it was done to me...the sustain came after the se turn gain so it was perma sustained.

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jcbow View Post
    i could be wrong but im pretty sure u don't choose to sustain it if u have se it is sustained. And if i remember right when it was done to me...the sustain came after the se turn gain so it was perma sustained.
    You're right. Sustain costs are not optional. You can't simply choose not to pay them.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Does the se gain and sustain work for an infinite loop as well?...thats the way i remember it happening but idk...I dont stay in games to long right now cuz my decks are just so weak.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for mentioning that, I thought Sustain worked the way I said. I will admit it came about while I was away from the game.
    Still seems limited but I have to now wonder if Sustain may be a touch too strong since the Hero who has to Sustain has no choice in the matter.
    Since this is coming in the new set, maybe it will get changed. I see 4 other cards in SF with Sustain, 3 are Sustain 1HP, the other Sustain 1cc so I would suggest changing this one to one of those. Sustaining 1SE with no choice is a touch OP, not much but I still disagree with using SE like this. If the target Hero had a choice, it would be no problem to me.
    There are times I'll make up words and slip them into conversations just to see if anyone is actually protempifying to what I'm saying. - I'm not normal

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Tried this card in BETA. I see better how it works, it could lock down someone's Hero ability. I had in one game 2 of these out causing an SE loss per turn eventually putting one ally in the graveyard.

I am not sure if it is too strong, as the person who played the card, first you have to consider that for the lock to work, you need to leave the attached ally alive every turn running the risk of what it will do to you. While it causes a SE loss for the Hero, the ally still works.

Then there is deckbuilding to consider. I tend to follow a similar rule I learned in another card game, build the deck without considering the Hero ability. The Hero's ability should be considered a bonus and will affect the cards chosen to a certain extent but the deck should be able to win on it own too.

Still uncertain if this card is OP especially after a deck I ran into today.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think people were worried it was op when coupled with crippling blows. In many cases that ally is now useless and locked out your se. I think if instead of sustain the card was made to be put on se loss for a duration it would solve the problem. Still a huge nuisance, but not a permanent ability loss.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Storknest View Post
    Tried this card in BETA. I see better how it works, it could lock down someone's Hero ability. I had in one game 2 of these out causing an SE loss per turn eventually putting one ally in the graveyard.

I am not sure if it is too strong, as the person who played the card, first you have to consider that for the lock to work, you need to leave the attached ally alive every turn running the risk of what it will do to you. While it causes a SE loss for the Hero, the ally still works.

Then there is deckbuilding to consider. I tend to follow a similar rule I learned in another card game, build the deck without considering the Hero ability. The Hero's ability should be considered a bonus and will affect the cards chosen to a certain extent but the deck should be able to win on it own too.

Still uncertain if this card is OP especially after a deck I ran into today.
    You build your decks without considering the hero ability? I've never really tried that before, the heroes have a large effect on how my deck works... and yeah, as you said tat the beginning of the post, you have to have a way to lock the ally down too to make the lock effective, so it takes two cards to work properly, and can be disrupted in a lot of ways. Still a pretty fun and interesting card though
    I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
    Enlightened Technological Creature
    A Proud Member of ETC
    My 10 step guide to deck building
    My published 1.6 decks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree the Hero ability has some effect but I don't let it affect all of my deckbuilding.

I used to play a CCG called Raw Deal, you made decks based on wrestlers who had abilities too. I learned from the better players they built decks without considering the ability too much, they would try to make the deck win on its own as much as they could.

Doesn't mean the ability is completely ignored but it allows the deck to succeed in case something happens to the ability. There were ways to neutralize the ability just like we see now in SE with this card.