Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lightbulb Shattered Fates Deck Template - (Frozen) Undead

Not sure where else to put his, if wrong section then I hope someone can move it to the right one.

Though the SF set is not out, I was interested in working on an Undead theme so collected a list of all cards working off that shown below. Then I decided to see if I could do a Frozen Undead comboing Freeze/Ice/Undead in some manner. Not as easy as it sounds but I added cards working off all three themes to the below list.

This list collects those cards in one spot so anyone with BETA access can use them to form a deck working off one of the themes or possibly comboing them. Though I have BETA access according to my Kickstarter pledge, I am not sure if I will be able to spend time on it due to other commitments so I share this. The Undead will work for any Shadow Hero slightly favoring Mages & Hunters.

NOTE - I noticed only cards from CotC, when the name is typed, automatically get linked to pictures of the card you can see with a mouse over in case you forget what they do. I manually linked DP and SF cards for the same reason though they do not work with mouse overs.

FROZEN THEME

Mage
    Freezing Grip
    Kelvin's Charm
    Shatter Ice
    Frosted Urigon
    Urigon's Fang

Weapon
    Voice of Winter

Armor
    Snow Sapphire

ICE THEME
    Only has cards not in the other two.
    Initially considered the first one due to possibilities from the new discard features coming then added the second and third due to Ice damage and bonus from the first.

Shadow Allies
    Plightbred Runt
    Gravemonger
    Voracious Arachnid

UNDEAD THEME

Shadow Allies
    Deathbone
    Keldor
    Death Mage Thaddeus
    Shadow Knight
    Death Collector
    Frostmare
    Harbinger of the Lost
    Cryptspawn Hound
    Corpse Hurler
    Der'kan, the Bone King
    Dakrath

Mage
    Undying Bond

Shadow
    Grave Resistance
    Scheuth Tombstone

Weapon
    Bone Saber

Armor
    Necromancer's Shroud
    Charred Cowl of the Damned
    There are times I'll make up words and slip them into conversations just to see if anyone is actually protempifying to what I'm saying. - I'm not normal

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is a deck idea I tried to make using the above lists. Here is my first attempt at a specific Hero using the theme. Turns out Frozen and Undead don't combo well though I do have Ice damage Undead so I stuck with them and the title.

Gravebone Frozen Undead

Allies

4x Frostmare - Ice damage, can be either cc1 or cc2 depending on condition, a combo of Kristoffer Wyld and Fire Snake.

3x Death Mage Thaddeus - 0: 2 DD
    4x Corpse Hurler - 0: 3 DD , feed graveyard with undead
    Both lessen the need for Direct Damage in Mages (Fireball, Lightning Bolt) freeing up some card slots, DD ability cost zero though Hurler needs a card in your hand, gives DD to non-Mages though for less damage. Gravebone can bring both back and anything the Hurler throws away.

3x Cryptspawn Hound - Ice damage; needs 2 undead in graveyard
    Undead killed or chucked by the Hurler bounce him back to hand if killed.

1x Dakrath - not sure if useful but has decent stats so for testing, more to be discarded then brought back by Gravebone or Shroud as a powerhouse if needed. Might make you lose a card you need due to discard effect.

3x ????? - not sure what to put here. Der'kan seems to have finicky abilities and is unique, no need for any Homunculus except maybe Plightbred Runt but I seem to lean toward Undead, lots of Fire around to harm Frosted Urigon. Think I am leaning to Shadow Knight especially when you add in the Hurler.

Non-Allies/Weapons/Armor

4x Grave Resistance - undead damage protection for no cost, temp Book of Curses.

3x Tome of Knowledge - card draw.
    3x Scheuth Tombstone - if undead summoned, resource and card draw.
    Both provide card draw in different ways, if one works better than the other, would switch to a 4/2 split instead of 3/3 but still use both.

4x ????? - not sure what to put here, was thinking Freezing Grip due to long term Frozen effect allowing allies to wear down big opposing allies if needed. I could use DD but all of them don't fit the theme I am aiming for plus I have DMT and Hurler. Or this gets a weapon.

Armor

4x Necromancer's Shroud - 1 shot graveyard undead return on off turns when Gravebone has less SE than he needs. I could drop one of these if a card is needed elsewhere.

3x Snow Sapphire - freezes opponents.

So far this seems to rely upon either ally attacks (Frostmare, Hound, Dakrath, ?????) or the DD of DMT and Hurler, both of who cost zero for DD and last longer than the usual Mage DD cards.

Looking at this, I have a feeling Corpse Hurler will wind up Unique on public release just like I saw happened to DMT.
    There are times I'll make up words and slip them into conversations just to see if anyone is actually protempifying to what I'm saying. - I'm not normal