Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Wulven Darkclaw Deck

So I just wanted to throw out my Darkclaw deck that I made because basically it's awesome. I'll also throw out that I got up to 315 with it, if you care about that. And without further ado, here it is

Darkclaw

3 x Bad Wolf
    3 x Pack Wolf
    4 x Wulven Predator
    3 x Tiger Wulf
    3 x Lightning Hunter
    2 x Howlfang, Terror of the Vale

3 x Captured Prey
    3 x Now You're Mine
    3 x Speedstrike
    3 x Sacrificial Lamb
    2 x Bad Santa
    4 x Blood Moon

3 x What Big Teeth
    3 x Fangs of the Predator
    2 x Spectral Sabre

Here's a video, where I talk about the deck:

If you don't want to watch the video I'll do a quick write up of how I like to play the deck.

Draw:

So blood moon is your best friend. Use these as much as possible. Bad Santa is there for opponents that do a really good job of killing your allies, and Sac Lamb is there for crippling blow, captured prey, etc. Also the reason there's 9 draw cards (which is a little high) is because the total number of cards in the deck is 45.

Weapons:

So the main aspect about the deck is Fangs of the Predator, so there's three of those. Four just seems a little excessive. Plus there's three What Big Teeth which is definitely the weapon that gets used the most. But don't be afraid to destroy your WBT for your FotP, you've got allies to keep board control. And then you've got your speedstrike, try not to use your ability until you've got these out, but don't wait too long. And I never use Spectral Sabre as a weapon, only attachment destruction.

Abilities:

Captured Prey and Now You're Mine. Pretty Standard. I like three of each, I've always found four just a little too much.

Allies:

This is definitely an important aspect of the deck. The whole point is to take advantage of Fangs of the Predator, so all the allies are Wulven. I've got four Wulven Predators, because Protector is you're worst enemy. Stealth can also be a problem, but I tend to do well against Moonstalker. Howlfang is also super important. Not only does his ability work because all the allies are Wulven, but Darkclaw has a rough time getting a lot of resources, so most games you can hang around 5 or 6 resources. Pack Wolf is a good early drop, but most games I like to play them mid-game. Lightning Hunter is definitely an easy early sac, and really only comes into play late-game. Then you've got your Tiger Wulf, what an awesome card. Technically it's your only item destruction, but you'll rarely get to use it that way. And then you've got Bad Wolf which works as a turn three drop and you can bring him out with Howlfang.

So hopefully this helps you make your Wulven Darkclaw deck! Or hopefully it just gives you some perspective when using Darkclaw! Yay. . .

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Your deck is very nice and will work good,,

but here is my suggestions if i were you or i would think of or maybe consider it as an alternate thinking...

i just wanna say maybe +1 speed strike, all pro players has attachment removal
    since you are running alot of allies, I think 3 jeweler's dream instead of 3 What big teeth will help your tempo much.
    Since you are not always gonna activate the combo of Dangs of predator and make allies get +1, it is very hard aganist pro players that your allies will remain on the board for more than a turn without being dealt with so i would suggest replacing your allies with a more tough allies..
    For example Karash instead of pack wolf, beautiful aganist allies and weapon
    gargoyle instead of bad wolf> gargoyle withstand 4 dmg, bad wolf does not
    wulven predator...> dont know maybe better morbid acolyte/ Death collector///or if you are worreid about moonstalker then: DMT and plasma
    Howlfang > shadow knight to recyle tiger wolf

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivozzz View Post
    Your deck is very nice and will work good,,

but here is my suggestions if i were you or i would think of or maybe consider it as an alternate thinking...

i just wanna say maybe +1 speed strike, all pro players has attachment removal
    since you are running alot of allies, I think 3 jeweler's dream instead of 3 What big teeth will help your tempo much.
    Since you are not always gonna activate the combo of Dangs of predator and make allies get +1, it is very hard aganist pro players that your allies will remain on the board for more than a turn without being dealt with so i would suggest replacing your allies with a more tough allies..
    For example Karash instead of pack wolf, beautiful aganist allies and weapon
    gargoyle instead of bad wolf> gargoyle withstand 4 dmg, bad wolf does not
    wulven predator...> dont know maybe better morbid acolyte/ Death collector///or if you are worreid about moonstalker then: DMT and plasma
    Howlfang > shadow knight to recyle tiger wolf
    that kinda ruin the point of the deck :P

but i have always wanted an all wulven deck, so i will give this a try. ty for the post

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by azx634 View Post

but i have always wanted an all wulven deck, so i will give this a try. ty for the post
    Wait until Shattered Fates. Even more allies to join the fray.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by azx634 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos Dark View Post
    Wait until Shattered Fates. Even more allies to join the fray.
    Why wait if u can theory-crafting it now
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....wl-of-the-Pack
    Last edited by udy; 01-10-2014 at 07:25 AM.
    INDO Language Sub-Forum

[SF]Solo Nish/Loest
    Ythan Redthorn, Rush of the Twilight Deck
    Zaladar, Alpha Strike Deck
    Bloodfang, Howl of the Pack Deck

Eyes of the Phoenix
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Dragon
    Favorite SE activity: Meltdown & Deck-Building
    Favorite Card: Anklebreaker
    Favorite Hero: Majiya

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i saw you playing it and its veryyyyy nice deck by all means , first thing i didnt see u using howlfang and lol i dont feel this card for darkclaw ..

can u tell me how to balance start when u need weapons and ss and allies on board?? lol i won alot in 340 with darkclaw but strugglng with this , in amber the fact that jd aaccelerate weapons make it understandable t4 but in darkclaw what is the good start when have good hand
    IN GAME NAME : A1 Ragosonos

A1's BRUTAL MINOTAUR

Ultimately proud EX-member of A1 leadership

My famous 320+ rated builds :

rag-ajiya
    meta destruction threbin
    competitive blood fang
    zhanna control
    banebow control

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ragosonos View Post
    i saw you playing it and its veryyyyy nice deck by all means , first thing i didnt see u using howlfang and lol i dont feel this card for darkclaw ..

can u tell me how to balance start when u need weapons and ss and allies on board?? lol i won alot in 340 with darkclaw but strugglng with this , in amber the fact that jd aaccelerate weapons make it understandable t4 but in darkclaw what is the good start when have good hand
    Well, honestly I don't think this good enough to compete at the 340 level. I know there are lots of things you can do to make this deck better, but basically I wanted an all-Wulven Darkclaw deck that uses Fangs of the Predator. And yeah, it can be difficult to balance all the cards you need to get out.

So the card you want to drop turn 2 is blood moon. Draw is very important in this deck. And about Howlfang, he's not really that great in this deck, but if you're winning (and not going against a priest) Howlfang can put the game away.

So Here's my breakdown of turns

T2: Bloodmoon. No Bloodmoon? Play Pack wolf only against heroes you need to kill quick (Lance, Amber, Rush Elad).
    T3: If you're opponent has an ally on the board try to get out a bad wolf, or wulven predator. If it's an empty board start setting up by getting speed strike, or WBT out. (I will sac 1 Fangs of the Predator if I get one in my opening hand).
    T4: Speedstrike, or WBT (but only if you have the other one out). Playing two of Now, you're mine/ Packwolf/ Bloodmoon isn't a bad play here. Throwing out a Bad Wolf or Wulven Predator isn't a bad play as long as he isn't just going to die. Sometimes I don't have a play and do nothing this turn.
    T5: Tiger Wulf is a good play very often here. Only play Fangs of the Predator if you have speed strike or desperately need to kill an ally on the board. There are also a lot of good two card plays here (Bloodmoon/Any 3cc card), (Now You're Mine/Bad Wolf) etc.

Now you can stay at 5 resources only sacking cards you'll never need like BS or SpeedStrike (I'd be careful though, Sever Ties is a popular card).

I will make it a priority to get to 6 resources if I don't have Speedstrike and WBT so I can play them on the same turn.

Last notes: Amber and Lance are you're worst nightmares with this deck. You really need to get as much damage on them early and hope you get lucky. If Amber doesn't get her JD right away or Lance his IGG you can usually win. And I know because these are weak match-ups this deck really doesn't mix well with the current Meta, there are Ambers and Lances everywhere So basically you try to play your starting hand and you kind of have to figure out your game plan as you go along.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by AnomalousT; 01-12-2014 at 10:27 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    thanks
    IN GAME NAME : A1 Ragosonos

A1's BRUTAL MINOTAUR

Ultimately proud EX-member of A1 leadership

My famous 320+ rated builds :

rag-ajiya
    meta destruction threbin
    competitive blood fang
    zhanna control
    banebow control