Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Elemental Weaknesses?

So I just wrote a whole long thing about this here http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ypes-Breakdown

So my question is simple. I can't find an ally in SF that has a weakness to a specific type of damage like Furrion Terror and Frosted Urigon do. Why is this? I mean not even one! I think Frosted Urigon is a really interesting card but will he ever be viable with a bunch of new allies inherently dealing fire damage? (If nothing has a weakness to ice then frosted urigon kind of sucks). I mean what's the point of developing all of these new damage types if there are only going to be two allies that are weak to them? I don't know...

AND I still think Tyrannus, Something of the Damned (or whatever) Should have "If he's frozen, he loses all his passive abilities." That way you could still use shattered ice on him. (I mean is it to keep Elad in check? Couldn't you just give weaknesses to stuff with 4 or less health so you knew Elad was going to kill them off anyway?)

When I look at the cards I see a potential Nishaven Electric deck, and a Majiya/Raikka Fire deck. But an Eladwen Ice deck just doesn't look possible, taking advantage of cards like freezing grip and shattered ice and even Kelvin's Charm. I see a lot of undead cards that deal Ice damage, which I guess makes sense, but how will this ever come into play? They're just screwed if they happen to run into a Frosted Urigon, and they can probably already kill a Furrion Terror, ice damage or not. (Yes, I think building element themed decks would be cool :P)

I guess I see fire damage and fire things as being really powerful and you can have a lot of +1 fire damage types things in your deck. But if you go this route your allies are weak to ice (which would be a reason to put ice allies in your deck.) Fire and ice damage looks less important with SF than it is right now, because so many people play with Furrion Terror currently.

I know, I know the beta isn't out, nothing is final, blah blah blah. But I'm just kind of scratching my head about this one. Hopefully playing with the actual cards will change my mind

Okay, rant over. You can continue with your daily routine.
    Last edited by AnomalousT; 01-08-2014 at 11:05 PM. Reason: More ideas

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I actually wondered the same thing. I really like FU. His passive freeze ally won me a game.
    Like you tho..he just got a lot weaker. Before even with all the fire dmg he was good. Yet now...I'm not gonna use him.
    Maybe as a tech card but honestly I doubt I do. It would seem a waste of space.
    I like the elemental theme and would seem its headed that way. Freezing Grip and SI is still viable.
    Exiling allies is always fun!