Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

"Hello" Introduction & Questions

Hello everyone

I'm Kaj from Norway, in-game name Ururt.
    I recently started playing, wanted to get on forums but couldn't register for a few days, kept getting an error message untill today

I'm a guy who likes to read, I usually check out forums and such for a game and read a lot before I even play. Lots of great articles here on the forum that helped me get started. Since it's been a few days I've already forgotten what I read and who wrote what, but a big thank you to all of you who write (and to Preybird, I remember him at least)

So, over to the questions that I've picked up during gameplay so far:

1.Quick Games: Is there anywhere I can see the rank of the opposing player? Is there a games played log somewhere? The help button on the menu says for challenges that my matches should show on top, but that doesn't seem to happen for me

2.Will the AI get better, or is it just that it gets a better deck with each level? Can you learn much at all from playing it?

3.When did the current season start/end?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi and welcome!

1. Click the search button and type in your own name. This will give you a record of your last 30 games with the rating of your opponents too.

2. AI will get better in the next expansion. Hm there's not much to learn... just gold to farm!

3. Season 11 started at the start of the month (I.e. 1st of Jan) and will end at the end of the month (31st of Jan)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi Kaj! Welcome!

To answer your question:

1) On challenge screen there is search button. There you can enter player's name and see his history. It shows rank as well.
    2) AI is stupid and it is only good for gold grinding. As soon as you get confident enough go play vs other people.
    3) Season starts at the beginning of month and ends at the end of the month.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thank you both. that was quick. So follow up question:
    Building a specific deck seems like it could take some time here, farming the gold for all the cards you want to make some deck you made in the deckbuilder and then not finding them with the merchant anyways.
    I did already buy some crystals and bought some boosters. Can you help me identify some essential cards for some decks, so that maybe I can tell what a good idea for a deck to build would be? Like say if I see that I have several vincent's staff and aeon I could have started with a priest deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ururt View Post
    Thank you both. that was quick. So follow up question:
    Building a specific deck seems like it could take some time here, farming the gold for all the cards you want to make some deck you made in the deckbuilder and then not finding them with the merchant anyways.
    I did already buy some crystals and bought some boosters. Can you help me identify some essential cards for some decks, so that maybe I can tell what a good idea for a deck to build would be? Like say if I see that I have several vincent's staff and aeon I could have started with a priest deck.
    Try this

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ophecies-quot-!

To get an idea on what is good value for each hero

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi there. It seems Nicola and Pat answered everything for you. I'll just add Ralpheal's guide is a great place to start out building decks on a budget. You could also use Preybird's guides too, but it would be more expensive.

The current AI absolutely sucks! AI games are only good for grinding gold and maybe trying out your new deck for a game or two before hitting the QMs. Anyways, hope you have fun playing.
    Last edited by kraken; 01-08-2014 at 11:07 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would recommend that you keep buying Elemental packs as they have greatest value when you sell them. Around 2400 g. Buying boosters is a bit on a lucky side.
    Here is good deck for gold grinding vs AI: www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?25403-

Not much to add except Good Luck and Have Fun!
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Since your question were answered, i'll just welcome you to the forums

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    welcome to the forums!
    Cursecatcher of the ONE PIECE
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Maru

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder