Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Question Regarding the Unopened Packs Update

This question is for Kyle or anyone who knows the answer really.

With the implementation of the unopened packs update, will there be an easier way to view the cards in those packs implemented as well? So that we dont have to do a thousand clicks just to see what we got in one pack like we have to do now. Maybe a view all button and/or some back and forward arrows to go through them?

Also, will this feature exist only when boosters are "given" to us or will this be a permanent change for the merchant as well? Meaning every time we buy a booster pack, will it be "unopened" until we open it?

Thanks

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    With regards the pack opening screen, I think the DONE button should be replaced by a SHOW ALL button that shows all the cards to you and then converts into the DONE button we all know and love. (If you clicked the cards one at a time to reveal them all, it will just show DONE.)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    With regards the pack opening screen, I think the DONE button should be replaced by a SHOW ALL button that shows all the cards to you and then converts into the DONE button we all know and love. (If you clicked the cards one at a time to reveal them all, it will just show DONE.)
    Sounds great. Thanks Gondorian.

Is there anyone that can shed some light on the second part of my question?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I could imagine that you could choose in the future for tournaments or meltdown if you want to use own unopened booster or want to get new ones (like how it is now). If you choose your own ones the entry-fee will be lower than if you "buy" new boosters.
    Also maybe with unopenend booster you could give them away e.g. for winning in a private tournament.

That are just my ideas and not something confirmed or so.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Does the unopened booster pack concept really mean, that a player owns a booster with defined content regardless when is he going to open it or are the boosters going to be generated ad hoc when "opened"?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So errr... not to be a pain... but errr... when can we expect this update to come out? Roughly.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Soon™
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird
    Outlaw you are one sick son of a b****. I approve
    Quote Originally Posted by Solomon69
    Ahahahah you're such an evil (and creative) human being Outl4w!!!
    Join me in the fight for maintaining the freedom of the deranged and enlightend. Be an Outl4w!

“An outlaw can be defined as somebody who lives outside the law, beyond the law and not necessarily against it.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Outl4w View Post
    Soon™
    Haha, I remember that from Riot Games. Oh dear
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
    - Albert Einstein

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowstalker View Post
    Does the unopened booster pack concept really mean, that a player owns a booster with defined content regardless when is he going to open it or are the boosters going to be generated ad hoc when "opened"?
    Is there any practical difference between the two?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantumNinja View Post
    Is there any practical difference between the two?
    Dunno, there might be regarding foils for example. When you open "generated" boosters short after the rewards are out, there are many players opening boosters and you can end up unlucky with few foils (or vice versa). With pre-created boosters you don't have to care, everything is set. I know that's statistical and mathematical nonsense, as this should be irrelevant when there is 20% chance to get foil, but in the real life you never know... :-)