Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Post (reserve weapon VS lily ) ambers debate !!

heys guys,

reserve weapon and lily are always in our amber decks .. both or one of them ... but let us know about what do each player think about those cards in an amber deck .. first of all let me make my own opinion clear for every one ..

advantages of reserve weapon : when summoned u can get the weapon in the same turn with a attack boost that works with ambers ability so a dead sabre or JD is back to play with 5 - 4 attack and wont delay u such as lily will do.. even with the extra1 resource its much cheaper ,imagine as u have 2/4 weapon with cost of 5 .. its amazing ..

advantages of lily : u can get any item u want ..such as war banner , armors .. weapons ( most important) but .. to your hand not direct to play .. which wastes turns and resources . but still .. u will have an ally with 3 attack 4 hp in the playso wont be very bad unless u need the weapon now in case u need to eliminate somthing that can kill u if u dont this turn .. or u need 4 attack weapon.
    in case u need the sabre for its ability and its on top u will get the job

disadvantages of reserve weapon : cost u 1 extra resource , also can only works with weapons ... so if u need an armor with +1 defense u cant get it
    in case u need the sabre for its ability and its on top u will not get the job done

disadvantages of lily : delaying u very much as u will get the item to your hand not straight , also no +1 attack ..and u will have to get the item on top !! so if the item on top is weapon and u need armor if (for e.g. you have weapon ) u wont take it and if u need sabre and JD is on top u wont get it ..

all in all ..they are very important for amber ..

please say what u like more and why to know what is better and to help new amber users !! and lets vote!! thanks !

i hope i helped new players
    IN GAME NAME : A1 Ragosonos

A1's BRUTAL MINOTAUR

Ultimately proud EX-member of A1 leadership

My famous 320+ rated builds :

rag-ajiya
    meta destruction threbin
    competitive blood fang
    zhanna control
    banebow control

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    For amber I think reserve weapon is far better. I never put lily in an amber deck.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    i prefer reserve weapon - purely a meta call.

4 dmg can kill many allies off. and also is in line with Amber's deck strategy of swift and deadly and timely wins.

things might change in SF.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I say Reserve Weapon is a better choice for Amber. The +1 attack pumps JD to 4 damage which is a 1-hit KO for many of the commonly seen allies like SK, DC, Aldon, Jasmine, etc. It also allows you to immediately use it instead of having to wait a turn or have high enough resources to do so. Additionally, if you have no fear of item destruction from LLN, FP, Stop Thief etc, you can use it to buff your weapon damage. Although that is more common in Berserker Boris than Amber.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's easy. Reserve weapon in Amber. It's practically a weapon. 5cc for any weapon in GY.

Lily will cost 4cc + whatever the cost of weapon. Definitely more that 5cc.
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    thanks for votings guys i hope we helped some new players , in my amber decks i have 1 lily , 1 reserve weapon , lily have a good advantage which is doing her job plus its an ally !!v whichis good in such lots of situations when u have already weapons .. u dont need lilys ability and reserve weapon but u need an ally , also when u need the dead armor .. so its still a good card
    also it makes me feel comfortable to use sabre as weapon vs warriors or even taking lots of bf

but still my opinion is reserve weapon better as u need the plus 1 in some situations and lots faster than lily
    Last edited by ragosonos; 01-07-2014 at 05:49 PM.
    IN GAME NAME : A1 Ragosonos

A1's BRUTAL MINOTAUR

Ultimately proud EX-member of A1 leadership

My famous 320+ rated builds :

rag-ajiya
    meta destruction threbin
    competitive blood fang
    zhanna control
    banebow control