Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Connection Issues in QM

Hi, I just played a QM (charliemeng vs azeth), and on my opponent's turn I lost connection to the server (a notification box popped up). I tried reconnecting my wifi but when I reconnected I had already timed out and lost. There wasn't any sync errors, it was just that for some reason I lost connection to the server DESPITE having perfect internet connection at the time - I had loaded google.com on my browser just to check. I would like Wulven to look into this issue, and make it easier to reconnect to games.
    IGN: charliemeng - in the account creation i thought this was for my username, lol

I'm A Super Freak!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Wulven
    @Kyle
    I love you Kyle, fix this please.
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So I looked around and I guess this issue has been around for a while, Kyle posted this in reply to another similar thread:

"Actually if you get the defeat, that means it was really your turn but you were the one having connection issues. Otherwise if you were still connected it would be the other guy's turn and you would get a victory when he times out. It does automatically retry everything, but eventually the server will end the game after 1 minute with no response. When you finally did get through to the server, it plays the other guys commands that he did a long time ago, but then realizes that the game was ended by the server.

It's difficult to impose a "who would have won" victory, since then you can just disconnect as soon as you are ahead..."

It kinda sucks that the server quits your game after 1 minute of disconnecting, since if the game is stuck on the opponent's turn it looks like he/she is taking a long time to move, so I can't troubleshoot my internet in time. I realize that there has to be a short window to reconnect otherwise people could just ragequit to stick their opponents in game for a long time. If the game could tell you instantly when you disconnect, and have a 1 minute timer on the screen, it would be helpful! I was trying to go on a rating run, and I was about to win this game but I disconnected .
    IGN: charliemeng - in the account creation i thought this was for my username, lol

I'm A Super Freak!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Happened to me again. On my opponent's turn I seem to have disconnected. Typing in the chat does nothing. Does this mean my opponent ragequit? The game doesn't even notify you if something like this happens, whoes fault it is, etc. I have been waiting for 2 minutes already as I type this post, evidently my internet is fine to connect to websites. I can't do anything except for wait, wait, wait. Very frustrating. There should be some client side notification that you have disconnected, and if your opponent disconnects the game should notify you. Smogon's Pokemon Showdown has a very good connection system, each player has a timer that the opponent can see, when you disconnect it tells you.

EDIT: After 5 minutes the game starts again. This is a very troubling issue. I want to play "Quick matches" but I'm forced to leave the game open for minutes at a time to wait? Especially with the current score system how is anyone supposed to get lots of quick matches with these connection issues?
    Last edited by charlie-meng; 01-10-2014 at 05:20 AM.

I'm A Super Freak!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie-meng View Post
    Happened to me again. On my opponent's turn I seem to have disconnected. Typing in the chat does nothing. Does this mean my opponent ragequit? The game doesn't even notify you if something like this happens, whoes fault it is, etc. I have been waiting for 2 minutes already as I type this post, evidently my internet is fine to connect to websites. I can't do anything except for wait, wait, wait. Very frustrating. There should be some client side notification that you have disconnected, and if your opponent disconnects the game should notify you. Smogon's Pokemon Showdown has a very good connection system, each player has a timer that the opponent can see, when you disconnect it tells you.

EDIT: After 5 minutes the game starts again. This is a very troubling issue. I want to play "Quick matches" but I'm forced to leave the game open for minutes at a time to wait? Especially with the current score system how is anyone supposed to get lots of quick matches with these connection issues?
    If it was your opponent rage quit, you should be able to type. That's what I learnt from my opponens' rage quit....
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements