Close

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    nice work pat jay, lot of useful info there... i was thinking about an another approach, and made a little change in your table from the OP. tell me if i am wrong or the information is irrelevant. we are talking about the number of matches needed to play a day, to get to top100, what about counting only those that matter, the wins?

at the start of the season, you start with rating 0 and in a few games you climb up to 150, right? so, let's forget about these few "starters" and go on the climbing based all upon your calculations, your data and your worksheet i made this table:

se_winrate.png

which shows, how many games you need to win each day, to get to a desired rank in the top100. as your rating changes, you continue to count you wins based on the corresponding row of the table. for example: assuming you are rating 200 and aiming to reach rank 50, you need to make it through 16 wins a day. if these wins get you to reach rating 250 some day, you only need to win 11 games a day from that moment. (of course the rating changes arent in that big jumps, but you can easily figure out the "missing" rows of the table)

correct me please if i'm wrong and keep up the good work have fun.
    Where is this... Balor?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by lama7 View Post
    nice work pat jay, lot of useful info there... i was thinking about an another approach, and made a little change in your table from the OP. tell me if i am wrong or the information is irrelevant. we are talking about the number of matches needed to play a day, to get to top100, what about counting only those that matter, the wins?

at the start of the season, you start with rating 0 and in a few games you climb up to 150, right? so, let's forget about these few "starters" and go on the climbing based all upon your calculations, your data and your worksheet i made this table:

se_winrate.png

which shows, how many games you need to win each day, to get to a desired rank in the top100. as your rating changes, you continue to count you wins based on the corresponding row of the table. for example: assuming you are rating 200 and aiming to reach rank 50, you need to make it through 16 wins a day. if these wins get you to reach rating 250 some day, you only need to win 11 games a day from that moment. (of course the rating changes arent in that big jumps, but you can easily figure out the "missing" rows of the table)

correct me please if i'm wrong and keep up the good work have fun.
    Hey Lama!

Thanks for the positive feedback!

I like what you've done there with the table! Indeed, wins are all that matters in the ladder climb so I can see how this table would be useful.

And in my first few drafts of this article, I did present the table the same as you did...

But then I thought to myself... hey it might be more useful for people to get an idea of how many games they will need to play rather than wins

Because if I tell people you need x amount of wins per day... then that does not really give then an idea of how much time is involved because frankly they don't really know how long it will take to win x games

Thus drove me to research and form my assumptions to calculate the number of games need to play daily

So that people can look at the table and get an idea of how much time would be involved - and then decide for themselves whether or not they have what it takes to rank top 100

After all... time is the real enemy in the ladder climb and not your opponents in QM

Hope this makes sense!

PS: congrats on 68th in season 12! Well done!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey, so it looks like I reverse engineered your table to get to the point, from where you evolved your final table lol.
    I didn't want to lower the sense of the "games per day" formula, it's great and very informative for most of the players. I just think, that these two tables together make even a bit more of a value. I see your point and agree good work, once again.

PS: unfortunately, i'm not TJ Lama77 i don't have what it takes, to be in Top100 (yet, but i'm on it, and will surely make it!)
    Where is this... Balor?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by lama7 View Post
    Hey, so it looks like I reverse engineered your table to get to the point, from where you evolved your final table lol.
    I didn't want to lower the sense of the "games per day" formula, it's great and very informative for most of the players. I just think, that these two tables together make even a bit more of a value. I see your point and agree good work, once again.

PS: unfortunately, i'm not TJ Lama77 i don't have what it takes, to be in Top100 (yet, but i'm on it, and will surely make it!)

Hm having both tables hey? Ok you got it. I'll include it in next update

Whoops sorry! I mistook you! But yeah all the best and I hope you can make it to top 100 one day

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Very informative.

Just a quick question though (newbie here): is your rating carried over to the next season?

Sleepless Nights Mode: ON

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by engrJCapistrano View Post
    Very informative.

Just a quick question though (newbie here): is your rating carried over to the next season?

Sleepless Nights Mode: ON
    good question! no rating is reset at the start of the month

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the charts... I am determined to get in the top 100! SE is in my blood! I play no other games! This is the real deal.
    DOXSTA
    Hustler of Illusions
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by DOXSTA View Post
    Thanks for the charts... I am determined to get in the top 100! SE is in my blood! I play no other games! This is the real deal.
    well if you do plan on getting to top 100, i would start my quest next month, rankings reset each month
    IGN: AO1 Pjoe0211
    Trophy Case
    3rd in first tourny SE tourney ever
    joint winner of 1.27 master tournament
    2nd in crown(9) "Five Classes"
    winner of 7 pop up tourneys
    2nd in 4 pop up tourneys
    2nd in green division 1 season 4
    2nd in TJ ironman challenge tourney

Winner of 12 pop ups
    2nd in 16 pop ups
    Winner of [Beta Server] Every Heros Tournament
    2nd in Gondorian's GR34T tournament
    Winner of [SF] : Extremely Tough Challenge: THE DRAFT

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lol...i know bro. My quest starts everytime I turn on the game
    DOXSTA
    Hustler of Illusions
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Maybe if I can win almost every game in the next 1n1/2 weeks I can do it.... wishful thinking ya know
    DOXSTA
    Hustler of Illusions
    Greatness, Reborn