Close

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by wongheungwing View Post
    My rating is 239 and my in game name is Wongtinlong.
    My current score is 500248 and should become the player with the highest score this season.

The original poster has ignored the fact that it takes much longer for high rating players to find opponents, thus limiting the total number of games they can play each day. From my personal experience, the best rating for getting scores should be between 230 and 250. Games played within this range usually end within 7 minutes and it normally takes less than 10 seconds to find opponents. So one lunch break allows me to play 7 to 8 games. Plus another 20 games during commute. It is extremely easy to play and win 30 games a day without even knowing it.

If you compare the chart of scores and that of ratings, you will see that players of high ratings are rarely players with high scores. While some high rating players may be campers who quit playing any games after reaching 3xx, the true reason is that it takes an extremely long time for high rating players to find opponents. I was once 366 rating in this season. And in the worst scenario, it took me over five minutes just to get a match. Since the system only matches 3xx players with other 3xx players, if all other 3xx players are busy or sleeping, then there will be no games!

It was so annoying that I needed to deliberately lose a few matches to lower the rating in order to shorten the time it took to get opponents.

I do understand that the scores I can get from each victory will become lower if my rating is low. But I keep getting scores while others with higher ratings are still waiting.
    If my assumptions are correct

To reach 150,000 in score... for a 250 rated player and a 300 rated player

the 250 rated player would need save 3.5 minutes per game in order to be as efficient as a 300 rated player

if you believe that you can save > 3.5 minutes via shorter wait times and shorter games ... then by all means purposely decrease your rating into the 250 rating zone

Personally, I wouldn't purposely decrease my rating since I enjoy the challenge of beating high rated players

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Jay View Post
    If my assumptions are correct

To reach 150,000 in score... for a 250 rated player and a 300 rated player

the 250 rated player would need save 3.5 minutes per game in order to be as efficient as a 300 rated player

if you believe that you can save > 3.5 minutes via shorter wait times and shorter games ... then by all means purposely decrease your rating into the 250 rating zone

Personally, I wouldn't purposely decrease my rating since I enjoy the challenge of beating high rated players
    Personally, I became the top scoring player just to prove to my son that, with enough determination and perseverance, even an average person can be a winner. It applies not just to SE but also our lives.

I was in the +300 range a few days and was even the highest rating player for a few hours at 366.

I can tell you that it takes way longer for a 300+ player to get matched up with someone. This plus the “ your game has already started” bug as well as players who quit as soon as they saw my 366 rating made me wait over 10 mins to get a match in some worst scenarios.

Matches below the 250 hallmark usually just take 10 seconds to get an opponent. And it always just takes 7 mins to finish a match. In some funny moment, the opponents may just surrender at turn 4 when my Gravebone summons Dakrath from the graveyard.
    Last edited by wongheungwing; 07-02-2015 at 05:12 AM.
    IGN KA Wongtinlong or Wongheungwing
    Highest Scoring Player of Seasons 28 and 29
    Favorite hero : Jericho when I use him
    Hero I hate the most : Jericho when others use him
    I have 2 full sets of SE digital cards to prepare for the 2 v 2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    366 is incredibly high. There have probably been more than a few months where no one cracks 360, and I don't think I have ever witnessed a 370. Care to share what deck/s you were using?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Im just wondering do..you also get 4foil legendaries

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NigerianSwagger View Post
    Im just wondering do..you also get 4foil legendaries
    No you don't

Just the prizes specified

Which give you a chance to get foil legendaries?

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Jay View Post
    No you don't

Just the prizes specified

Which give you a chance to get foil legendaries?
    Top 5 do get 4 foil Legendaries. Top 20 all get at least 1 foil legendary. See sticky in Announcements section.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Top 5 do get 4 foil Legendaries. Top 20 all get at least 1 foil legendary. See sticky in Announcements section.
    Well I'm current rank 2...is foil loest and rothem included or is it just scourge and karlstrad?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Whoops sorry my mistake!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi, there's something I really don't understand with rating. I've checked the top players this season and I've seen 46% victories with 295 rating and 74% victories with 332 rating.
    So is the top 100 only a grind fest where you must play 40 games a day to success, unrelated to your skills to have a good ratio, or I missing something ?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Forgot about the stupid guy that post before me. I just understood that 300 rating are paired with 300 rating so of course it's logical for them to have a 50% ratio.

But the fact is that I think not only the top 100 score, but also the top 100 rating should be rewarded. There's a guy with 366 rating and 74% victories which is not in the top 100 because he's doing "only" 6 games per day. This guy deserves clearly something, not everybody can play 30 games a day.

Just my 2 cents.