Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wulven Scout may or may not appear in competitive decks, but i'm kinda curious to see if he'll be literally used to scout people's strategies a little more in-depth. Say vs high-ranks in qm. Or in a swiss tourney when you've already qualified anyway. Or to make plans on how to beat a very tough single player mission (which doesn't exist yet). Or whatever players can come up with.
    A1's man without qualities - Evolution in theory.

My cards ideas: for mages, for others

Songs about Wulven by: TV on the Radio, Babel, Warren Zevon

However much one kind of longs to see the actors in war outdo each other in cunning activity, finesse, and stratagem, still one has to admit that these qualities show themselves but little in history and have rarely been able to emerge from amongst the mass of relations and circumstances.
    The reason for this is obvious enough: Strategy knows no other activity than the arrangement of combats with the measures which relate to it. It doesn't know, like ordinary life, actions that consist of mere words, i.e. expressions, declarations, etc. But these, which are inexpensive, are what the crafty one prefers to deceive with.
    This sober truth is always felt through and through by the actor in war and therefore he ceases to fancy a game of shrewd agility. Necessity presses so hard into immediate action that there is no room left for it. In a word, the pieces on the strategical chessboard lack the mobility that is the element of stratagem and cunning. - CvC, On War

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphos View Post
    Wulven Scout may or may not appear in competitive decks, but i'm kinda curious to see if he'll be literally used to scout people's strategies a little more in-depth. Say vs high-ranks in qm. Or in a swiss tourney when you've already qualified anyway. Or to make plans on how to beat a very tough single player mission (which doesn't exist yet). Or whatever players can come up with.
    I think Wlven scout will be used to check if a player sneaked in additional cards. for example, some players add 5 BF instead of 4. They try to be sneaky but luckily there is Wulven scout to prevent all these.

=P
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantumNinja View Post
    The key difference, of course, between Wulven Scout and Tracking Gear is that for 1 more resource, WS puts a 3/4 body on the board, which is not too shabby (also, Tracking Gear allows you see your opponent's cards on their turn, whereas Wulven Scout does not, but that's pretty minor). But I think there are better options for 3cc allies available to Shadow.
    They cost the same if i'm not mistaken. There was no need to use Tracking Gear with such a small card pool and deck being played pretty much the same way all the time. With more cards and different strategy/archetype getting that information could be usefull. How much is unkown for now.
    Evolving Through Change

"I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met Jasmine. We ate lobster, drank Piņa Coladas. At sunset we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over and over and over?"