Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks Mojumbo for helping us to understand the rules of the game. You're a great help.
    (And I mean it in a very non-gay way )
    IGN: TJ Scout
    Telegram: @shubham1309

"Scout is a hacker we should report him" - SK Trinolcour

Team Juggernauts Recruitment Thread

Link to TJ forum
    IRC

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojumbo View Post
    2) Oliver is something for Rogues to ramp up to. The Rogue’s have access to cards like Stop Thief, Good Contacts, and Thoughtful Investment. Assuming your opponent has a 3cc ally in play, Oliver represents a 2 card swing on summon: you get 1, your opponent loses 1.
    i think the greatest sinergy would be with vozitian orders. you can keep recycling Oliver to take away cards from your opponent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Bactrian View Post
    Hey, thanks for your responses Mojumbo! I'm really interested to see some of the fun combinations people come up with. Still not convinced about Oliver though
    I'm not high on Oliver either, but his base attack sitting at 0 means raven doesn't lower his attack at all...and the card advantage and tempo gained could be huge.
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Mann View Post
    I'm not high on Oliver either, but his base attack sitting at 0 means raven doesn't lower his attack at all...and the card advantage and tempo gained could be huge.
    Well maybe, you have to remember that with Ill Gotten Gains out simply killing an enemy ally gives you the same card advantage, and isn't conditional on it being cost 3 or less and not being steadfast.

The tempo is nice but seems weaker than Lance hasting in a Marshland or Raven. The other thing to keep in mind is that to get 7 resources you will have to have been working some kind of draw mechanism. On Rogue this means you have probably killed a bunch of low cost allies already. If you go up to 7 with no draw mechanism, Oliver will probably be a 1 or 2 attack ally.
    Last edited by Bactrian; 01-20-2014 at 11:30 AM.