Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    Personally I would use 1SE - Draw a card in every deck I would play with any hero ever.
    +1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    Personally I would use 1SE - Draw a card in every deck I would play with any hero ever.
    True, I would too. Too bad Priest shadow ability IS NOT THAT. It's the Wizent's staff, a very very breakable weapon that gives them that ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowstalker View Post
    LOL :-D

Must be a troll, don't feed him...
    So from reading your past posts on every thread ever, EVERYONE is a troll? :P I'm going to treat you like an idiot from now on.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wulevn View Post
    True, I would too. Too bad Priest shadow ability IS NOT THAT. It's the Wizent's staff, a very very breakable weapon that gives them that ability.
    It is which is also why it's not a 4x autoinclude in Priest decks (nothing is an autoinclude but still).

Majiya's old ability was "2SE: Draw a card". As far as I know that ability kinda broke the game. The smallest possible nerf to that would be "3SE: Draw a card", which is still very respectable and still very much better than the current abilities of both Priest heroes. What you are suggesting as Zhanna's new ability is a massive buff. I would say that Zhanna wouldn't need to run Wizent's Staff after that, which I would guess is a good thing.

The suggested Zhanna would make the hero good enough for me to never be able to consider playing Jericho (suggested or old), regardless of the metagame or the deck I'm building.

I would also guess that it would break the game but I don't have enough play experience to tell what's balanced, what isn't and what buffs/nerfs will break the game.

I rate "Draw a card" extremely high as an effect so keep that in mind.

I do agree that the abilities are pretty bad though. Not as in "not balanced", but as in "I don't like them". I also think Jericho is pretty bad but again, not enough play experience to just call these kinds of things with confidence.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm going to treat you like an idiot from now on.
    Ban.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Zhanna is a World Championship winning machine.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I can see how one would suggest those changes that you suggested. In your opinion, these changes are necessary in order to keep the game moving or else some people will just lose interest. At first glance, zhanna and jericho's ability does turn me off because it doesnt help me in anyway possible to gain the board. Then i played more and understood more of each heroes' playstyles and capabilities.

In my OPINION, Zhanna and Jericho's ability has been the same for a year and a half now. And to be honest, Priest are the heroes i hate to play against the most. They have answers to practically everything. They have Tidal Wave, Focused Prayer and many more. Access to these cards warrant them a different ability. They have tidal wave and focused prayer that makes up for more than enough of what they are lacking in the ability part. Furthermore, one card can simply improve these heroes in the future. For Example, there is Zail's Hymn and Embers of the Just in the new Shattered Fates set. This can help Jericho with his ability.

You are pretty set in your opinion, and well it is your right to have an opinion. But the problem is its your OPINION. not everyone else has to agree with it. I just want you to open your mind and see from the other perspective. If Jericho's and Zhanna's ability were the one you suggested i dont think ill have a problem with it but someone will have an Opinion that it will be OP somehow.
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

This is how I think Priests should be, developers.

Trust me, I've seen Zhanna at 300++ ratings only ONCE. Mine bobbed around 290-310 since last season and no, there aren't many Zhannas or spellbanes at all. Whoever said there are alot of them better give me some proof or it's a lie. Excuse the language but there are badurus and amber rains fucking every-bitching-where though.

As for the others;

Ah Wizents staff, I'm glad one of you had the gall to mention it. THE FACT THAT PEOPLE RATHER USE PRIEST SHADOW ENERGY TO DRAW CARDS (emphasis) is obvious enough proof that Priests require better shadow abilities, isn't it? That is a crutch, a horrible one that requires 4 resources and is a 1 damage weapon that will break.

Refer to my two previous posts for additional reasons. I do not main Priests, sure, but from the way you speak you do not sound like you do either. Perhaps you are repeatedly beaten by Priests over and over again , but you should not use that as a reason to make their shadow ability sound any better. The problem might lie with your deck for you to think that Priests are one of the 'BEST HEROES' around. I, for one, who plays an average Wulven deck -thinks they could have done alot better against me if not for their cruddy shadow ability.

They need an upgrade to their shadow abilities, it's very very obvious.
    Priests are one of the hardest Decks to master. They are also one of the slowest. Priests are not meant to be fast, in your face, beating. They are a more proactive, control attirition war, type of Deck. The reason why there are so few of them at such high ratings is because there is a lack of people who know how to handle them properly or want to spend the time to sit down and play a somewhat prolonged game. As this is also a mobile phone/tablet game as well, there should be a fair population of people who want to throw in a game or two during their lunch break or while on the toilet, etc. I am sure none of them wants to spend 15+ minutes of slowly grinding down the opponent to where Priests shine the most.

To your point on the Staff, Priests also have Lizzy Winterborn for draw power as well taking only Priest cards into consideration. The Staff is no indication that their abilities suck. Just because it costs SE doesn't say anything. Also, Hunter draw engines aside from Survivalist, are Armors that will break too. Your point about it being a weapon?

Priest card pool is also a massive toolbox of goods. You have a true mass board wipe in the form of Tidal Wave. One of the best item removal in Focused Prayer. One-sided pseudo-board wipes in the form of Ice Storm. Mass attachment removal in Mass Purification. You also have some extra healing in the form of Healing Touch. You also have a pseudo-ally killer in the form of Banish.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahiri View Post
    Ban.
    why? cuz TS called you out on your previous post now you want revenge? lol you very petty

i agree with this topic, been playing priest and kind of regret the choice now ...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I spent two hours to make my Zhanna rating 300 just now. I only lost to trap Victor once and bad server connection twice.
    Last edited by Index; 01-02-2014 at 04:13 PM.
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Index View Post
    I spent two hours to make my Zhanna rating 300 just now. I only lost to trap Victor once and bad server connection twice.
    Good for you, I look forward to seeing you in the 300++ ratings now.
    Last edited by Lone Wulevn; 01-02-2014 at 05:57 PM.