Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wulevn View Post
    Well, I certainly hope they do make those changes and soon. This card game is still relatively fragile, imbalances like these can really kill it's playerbase once veterans start telling the newcomers about it. Newcomers mostly want to play a card game to express their styles, if they find out their style is not viable in the game then they won't want to stay. It's a fact.

I simply want Wulven games to remember that Priests make up 1/6 of the classes. It is not something to be ignored.

However unlike yugioh, whose player base realized it's mistakes (cards that are imbalancedly useless and/or require considerable nerfing like Necropotence *ahem* Blood frenzy) after many expansions. Shadowera made such mistakes during it's first two expansions.

It was the playerbase which pointed that out AND it was to the success of the TCGs that they heeded those player's opinions quickly. Now I and quite a number of other players are already pointing it out. Priests shadow abilities need a vast improvement, fast. What is Wulven games going to do next?
    There may come a time when such changes will become necessary, but atm, things are pretty balanced.

We've had these heroes for quite some time now. Zhanna has never really been consider weak from what I can tell. Jericho is on the weaker side, I'll grant you that, but its not like he's without his own set of strengths and good match ups (not to mention, Jericho's ability can definitely improve as the card pool gets bigger and things like Negative Effects/Attachments become more prevalent with every hero/class). I'm not quite sure where this urgency for change your asking for is coming from either, these heroes still do quite fine with the ability they've had for well over a year now. If priests were really that bad off, I'm sure the community would have stated so by now.

Anyways, I recommend you give priest a real try, learn more about them, then come back and revisit this. The fact that you don't play them may contribute to why you don't get the strength of their abilities and card pool. Just like when a player feels a class is too strong, playing them can help you understand them better on not only how to beat them, but how to play as them as well.
    Last edited by Demnchi; 01-02-2014 at 08:38 AM.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I still reach 300 rating with Zhanna just fine.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'll just say that the developers should still consider to make Jericho's ability a little better. I mean, yes I play with him and he's very powerful with the right set of cards, but overall he falls short when compared to other heroes' abilities. And, really, we wont mind if the text on Jericho is changed a teensy bit.
    IGN: TJ Scout
    Telegram: @shubham1309

"Scout is a hacker we should report him" - SK Trinolcour

Team Juggernauts Recruitment Thread

Link to TJ forum
    IRC

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    no need to adjust ability, all it takes is just one card, The Right card, honestly, we've seen this already

...just my two cents
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Ak View Post
    no need to adjust ability, all it takes is just one card, The Right card, honestly, we've seen this already

...just my two cents
    You mean Baduruu?
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Jericho's ability is fine. While Zhanna would loose entire turn to play Mass Purification or Severed Ties, Jericho can remove attachment and play more threats. It is similar to Baduruu, a tempo boost of sorts. He is capable of destroying any draw engine in game without specific teching. What he needs, and others pointed out, is se sink in match ups his ability is not useful. We have some options already like Voice of Summer and Marshland Sentinel. But I would like to see cards that still have some effect without using se for his match ups where you would prefer to use his ability to remove enemy attachment.
    As for OP I would listen to Demnchi and before condemning some class and hero for being too weak you should actually try them out. Here are good starting points for Zhanna and Jericho:
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....96-Zhanna-Mist
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....icho-Spellbane

And my favorite decks:
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....p-winning-deck
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ho-Desert-Rose
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Buffing Zhanna? Are you serious? She's one of the best heroes now!
    Jericho isn't so good anymore (I can remember how strong he was back in the days...), but Zhanna...
    You obviously are playing at low rating level because in the 300 area there a lot of Zhanna and they are so good!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahiri View Post
    Buffing Zhanna? Are you serious? She's one of the best heroes now!
    Jericho isn't so good anymore (I can remember how strong he was back in the days...), but Zhanna...
    You obviously are playing at low rating level because in the 300 area there a lot of Zhanna and they are so good!
    Trust me, I've seen Zhanna at 300++ ratings only ONCE. Mine bobbed around 290-310 since last season and no, there aren't many Zhannas or spellbanes at all. Whoever said there are alot of them better give me some proof or it's a lie. Excuse the language but there are badurus and amber rains fucking every-bitching-where though.

As for the others;

Ah Wizents staff, I'm glad one of you had the gall to mention it. THE FACT THAT PEOPLE RATHER USE PRIEST SHADOW ENERGY TO DRAW CARDS (emphasis) is obvious enough proof that Priests require better shadow abilities, isn't it? That is a crutch, a horrible one that requires 4 resources and is a 1 damage weapon that will break.

Refer to my two previous posts for additional reasons. I do not main Priests, sure, but from the way you speak you do not sound like you do either. Perhaps you are repeatedly beaten by Priests over and over again , but you should not use that as a reason to make their shadow ability sound any better. The problem might lie with your deck for you to think that Priests are one of the 'BEST HEROES' around. I, for one, who plays an average Wulven deck -thinks they could have done alot better against me if not for their cruddy shadow ability.

They need an upgrade to their shadow abilities, it's very very obvious.
    Last edited by Lone Wulevn; 01-02-2014 at 12:50 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    LOL :-D

Must be a troll, don't feed him...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Personally I would use 1SE - Draw a card in every deck I would play with any hero ever.